Groups

rrod xbox 360

Banned
    Has anyone fixed there red ringed xbox 360

I have orderd a thermopaste pack with bolts and stuff from ebay and im hoping to fix my old xbox 360 i am hoping it will be fixed i am need of information what to do and advice

any information would be apriciated thank you

6 Comments

have u opned the box?

Is your xbox covered by the 3 year rrod warranty? If not, ie its too old or you have opened it, follow instructions in link below to perform xclamp removal

llamma.com/xbo…htm

Yeah, if you are out of warranty do it.
    I have done the xclamp fix, twice now, first time it lasted 11 months, just on my second fix now. I would recommend doing the thing where you read the error code off the xbox.

Switch on and wait until 3 RROD
    Hold down the sync button and press the DVD eject
    The lights will display the first number of the code (4 lights = 0, 1 =1, 2 = 2, 3 = 3)
    do this 3 times so you have a 4 digit number.
    e.g. 0102
    Google 'rrod error codes' or something to get the explanation of the various errors.

I tried the X clamp fix on my 20GB 360 about a year ago, and it lasted less than a day. Sold it as faulty in the end.

Mine's been going about 6 months with this ebay kit - 330406624224

Banned

I did about 10 when the xclamp fix first came out. Had varying degrees of success, some still going to this day, others lasted between 6 months to a year.

If your box is out of warranty then for the price of a few bolts and washers it is worth a try, very easy to do.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1421
      2. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
      3. What would be HELL to you?1920
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620

See more discussions