Groups

Rubber feet / End Caps

Just wondering if anyone can help to think of somewhere I could get the following...

I have an archery stand which has lost 2 of its feet. I can't use it inside without feet due to it scratching the floor. Currently it has gaffer tape round the end to get round this but it looks messy.

I've been trying to find some kind of rubber end cap or rubber feet to replace them but haven't got very far.

It isn't worth a great deal - a replacement stand is only £15 or so but it seems a shame to throw it away just because of the feet.

Does anyone have any ideas on anything I could use to replace them?

The end of the metal is flat bar. it is approx 3mm x 12mm. I just need a cover which will slide over this. The original foot had a grip on the bottom but it doesn't really need that.

I found something that would probably fit from a company called mocap but their minimum order was 504!

I wondered if heatshrink end cap would work but it is all round and I don't know if it would shrink enough to fit the bar.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

11 Comments

could you turn it upside down and put blob of silicon on the flat foot once set turn up correct way.Also look at ferrule for walking sticks

Original Poster

rtmlk

http://www.petercookint.com/retail/index.php/domes-of-silence/ptfe-teflon-domes-of-silence.htmlThese are what i use to put on the base of furniture 0.35p each

Thanks for the reply, not quite what I'm after though.

This has flat metal bar which without the feet is just the corner on the floor.

It looks like this one...
    https://www.archeryworld.co.uk/image/cache/data/ProductImages/Accessories/Bow/Bow_Stands/sf_elite_stand-2-600x600.jpg

I just need something matching that looks neat to go over the three legs, I don't think it needs a fancy foot with grips as it won't be going anywhere, so just a metal bar end cover of some kind, but struggling to find much.

The ones I found (but need to order £250 worth!) are these ones:
    https://store.mocap.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/11/image/308x308/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/_/f_group1.png

I was thinking of something like the yellow ones, just to push over the ends.

Pound shops or places like wilko. Buy felt pads for furniture feet that stick on. You can also get rubber pads. I use for all sorts like China pots. Furniture feet. Door cushion to stop banging against things.

Original Poster

wayners

Pound shops or places like wilko. Buy felt pads for furniture feet that … Pound shops or places like wilko. Buy felt pads for furniture feet that stick on. You can also get rubber pads. I use for all sorts like China pots. Furniture feet. Door cushion to stop banging against things.

See pictures above, they won't attach. Without the feet on it is only a small corner of the metal that contacts the floor

Handle bar tape from a bicycle shop. You could use that to as a cheap fix

Walking stick ferrules.

nbuuifx

See pictures above, they won't attach. Without the feet on it is only a … See pictures above, they won't attach. Without the feet on it is only a small corner of the metal that contacts the floor

You can get long strips that you can cut up,won't they work?

Ebay item number 311623354356
    Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 19th Aug 2016

How about Sugru? I got some from B&Q to put on an old stool which had lost one of its rubber feet.

Sugru absolutely brilliant stuff, you can often get a small sample pack which is probably enough

Col67

How about Sugru? I got some from B&Q to put on an old stool which had … How about Sugru? I got some from B&Q to put on an old stool which had lost one of its rubber feet.

I had to Google it as I've never heard of it,it looks like handy stuff!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047190
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767476
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      4. word association Game74044579

See more discussions