Rubbers!!

Found 27th Nov 2017
Hi guys,

Now that I have your attention, I'm in need of some advice regarding a new tyre.
The front drivers side I've found has a slow puncture so I want to get this sorted before Christmas. Ideally, I'd like the new one fitted at home if possible.

What companies would you recommend for this?

FYI, I drive an 04 C Class Merc (run flat tyres) and live in the Hertfordshire area if that helps?

And yes, I realise it's preferable to fit more than one tyre at a time but the single one will have to do for now.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
"I want to get this sorted before Christmas".

Comedy gold

Why the rush, sort it by next Easter
It's not like safety is important or anything.
Original Poster
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell9 m ago

"I want to get this sorted before Christmas".Comedy gold Why the rush, …"I want to get this sorted before Christmas".Comedy gold Why the rush, sort it by next Easter It's not like safety is important or anything.

Haha... I'm glad you're easily pleased with comedy.
Did you vote for Mrs Brown's Boys as the UK's Best Sitcom recently?
Have you checked it can't be fixed? Mind you, if you've been running round on it, it might be knackered. One of my so called slow punctures turned out to be a leaky valve. Problem was, it was on the spare and I didn't find this out until I had a real puncture. That was not a good day
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell19 m ago

Have you checked it can't be fixed? Mind you, if you've been running round …Have you checked it can't be fixed? Mind you, if you've been running round on it, it might be knackered. One of my so called slow punctures turned out to be a leaky valve. Problem was, it was on the spare and I didn't find this out until I had a real puncture. That was not a good day

Yeah that's the thing... I don't want to risk it so better off just replacing it I think.
Frenchmeister11 m ago

Yeah that's the thing... I don't want to risk it so better off just …Yeah that's the thing... I don't want to risk it so better off just replacing it I think.

I moved to a new build a couple of years ago. I have had five punctures since then, mostly due to nails etc discarded by the builders. They gave me free tyre insurance with my car when I bought it . When I had the second puncture about six weeks after the first, I held off getting it replaced because I thought the insurers would think I was taking the Mickey. When I did take it to be replaced, what would've been a £15 fix turned into a £150 tyre. My mistake.
If you want it fitted at home or work then I used Etyres before. Fitted while I was at work. Google your local one and say to them it could be a puncture repair but may need a new one. They should repair if they are able to and will just refund you there difference between the repair to the tyre. If that makes sense.
psychobitchfromhell18 h, 4 m ago

Have you checked it can't be fixed? Mind you, if you've been running round …Have you checked it can't be fixed? Mind you, if you've been running round on it, it might be knackered. One of my so called slow punctures turned out to be a leaky valve. Problem was, it was on the spare and I didn't find this out until I had a real puncture. That was not a good day

And here's me..... sitting here with my spare tyre hardly used, increases/decreases depending on energy consumption and exhaust emissions and plenty big enough for most cars

Not sure about carbon foot print
philphil6121 m ago

And here's me..... sitting here with my spare tyre hardly used, …And here's me..... sitting here with my spare tyre hardly used, increases/decreases depending on energy consumption and exhaust emissions and plenty big enough for most cars Not sure about carbon foot print

Dream on...
philphil615 m ago

[Video]

That looks like so much fun. Always fancied doing that zorbing but the thing that puts me off is what if you're sick in there? You'd end up coated in your own vomit
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 17 m ago

That looks like so much fun. Always fancied doing that zorbing but the …That looks like so much fun. Always fancied doing that zorbing but the thing that puts me off is what if you're sick in there? You'd end up coated in your own vomit

Just like a regular Friday night out when I was young.....

Suffering the same sensations and outcome but without the zorb
philphil6127 m ago

Just like a regular Friday night out when I was young.....Suffering the …Just like a regular Friday night out when I was young.....Suffering the same sensations and outcome but without the zorb

Yeah, that was before they invented plastic after all. Wouldn't work so well with bakelite. Alcohol much more effective
psychobitchfromhell50 m ago

Yeah, that was before they invented plastic after all. Wouldn't work so …Yeah, that was before they invented plastic after all. Wouldn't work so well with bakelite.

32594988-ZPzMF.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants