Rubbish bins

Found 8th May
One of the best things instilled into me at a young age by my parents when we we were out was to put my rubbish in the bin and if one was not available to take it home to dispose of. Sadly, a lot of parents don't seem to teach this anymore given the amount of stuff thrown on the ground even if a bin is nearby.
Community Updates
MiscBin
Top comments
Wongy1105 h, 39 m ago

Well I agree a lot of 'kids' these days don't seem to give onebut then can …Well I agree a lot of 'kids' these days don't seem to give onebut then can you blame them when the future of their country has been 'stolen'by the previous generations greed ?

The previous generation had to work two jobs to help pay off their mortgage.
The previous generation as kids had to fend for themselves whilst the parent(s) were out working all day
The previous generation as kids had to clean the home to earn pocket money
The previous generation as kids had to learn discipline and respect
The previous generation had to go outside in all weathers to have something to do

And you say we were greedy?

Yes the kid next door got lots of toys and electronic games when he was about 9/10 - when I was that age I got a bundle of paper, some paint and some brushes along with an orange and some Brazil nuts but of course we were greedy...

At 14 I could cook a main meal, do the laundry, iron clothes, overlock and use industrial sewing machine and no I wasn't born at the beginning of the 20th century - I wonder what 14 year olds can do now? use snapchat and facebook with 200+ friends.
Edited by: "philphil61" 9th May
People should be recorded dropping litter deliberately and it should be played on loop on large screens in city/town centres.
42 Comments
deleted396333
Yes.
Is there a question in there? If so yes I agree
Well I agree a lot of 'kids' these days don't seem to give one

but then can you blame them when the future of their country has been 'stolen'
by the previous generations greed ?
Lack of bins?
Parenting in the past?
Parenting in the present?
Attitudes to rubbish?
Give us a clue @RedLozzer
Where do we go from here
People should be recorded dropping litter deliberately and it should be played on loop on large screens in city/town centres.
People who purposely drop litter on the street are trash
people who drop litter, disposable barbecue things and their dog mess should all be fined, and kept away from me
One word for people who drop litter.....TRAMPS!
OP when you get home with your rubbish do you always have to post it on here
Innocuous ?
33766078-Sl2ak.jpg
Wongy1105 h, 39 m ago

Well I agree a lot of 'kids' these days don't seem to give onebut then can …Well I agree a lot of 'kids' these days don't seem to give onebut then can you blame them when the future of their country has been 'stolen'by the previous generations greed ?

The previous generation had to work two jobs to help pay off their mortgage.
The previous generation as kids had to fend for themselves whilst the parent(s) were out working all day
The previous generation as kids had to clean the home to earn pocket money
The previous generation as kids had to learn discipline and respect
The previous generation had to go outside in all weathers to have something to do

And you say we were greedy?

Yes the kid next door got lots of toys and electronic games when he was about 9/10 - when I was that age I got a bundle of paper, some paint and some brushes along with an orange and some Brazil nuts but of course we were greedy...

At 14 I could cook a main meal, do the laundry, iron clothes, overlock and use industrial sewing machine and no I wasn't born at the beginning of the 20th century - I wonder what 14 year olds can do now? use snapchat and facebook with 200+ friends.
Edited by: "philphil61" 9th May
My dad always asked me to brush up the street in front of our house. It's a end house so that's a lot of pavement. I hated picking up other people's rubbish. Iv never and never would brush my pavement outside my house. I'd say let it fly away.

You must be referring to the news where people dumped rubbish in parks etc. I think if council left a extra bin and collected every often this wouldn't have happened.
In my street we have communal bins we also have neighbours who think the bags sit next to the bin rather than put them in the bin which makes for a lovely mess once the birds get to the them
philphil617 h, 3 m ago

The previous generation had to work two jobs to help pay off their …The previous generation had to work two jobs to help pay off their mortgage.The previous generation as kids had to fend for themselves whilst the parent(s) were out working all dayThe previous generation as kids had to clean the home to earn pocket moneyThe previous generation as kids had to learn discipline and respectThe previous generation had to go outside in all weathers to have something to doAnd you say we were greedy?Yes the kid next door got lots of toys and electronic games when he was about 9/10 - when I was that age I got a bundle of paper, some paint and some brushes along with an orange and some Brazil nuts but of course we were greedy...At 14 I could cook a main meal, do the laundry, iron clothes, overlock and use industrial sewing machine and no I wasn't born at the beginning of the 20th century - I wonder what 14 year olds can do now? use snapchat and facebook with 200+ friends.

Systematically stripping away hope for a whole generation hell yes Phil.

the other thing here is the OP is trying to kid us that littering is a new thing
it isn't it has always happened

their are just more slightly more people consuming a heck of a lot more and the councils have had their budgets slashed.
Edited by: "Wongy110" 9th May
deleted79467
33767211-dxGTK.jpg33767211-paeGn.jpg
Wongy1104 h, 35 m ago

Systematically stripping away hope for a whole generation hell yes …Systematically stripping away hope for a whole generation hell yes Phil.the other thing here is the OP is trying to kid us that littering is a new thingit isn't it has always happenedtheir are just more slightly more people consuming a heck of a lot more and the councils have had their budgets slashed.

I'm not stripping anything away.

Hope gets you nothing
Working hard and scraping out the jam jar with that slice of bread that's 4 days past it's best will.

Yes I agree littering hasn't changed much. It's not a new thing. It's just todays era where it's now deemed more socially unacceptable (they are offended) but the OP is right about discipline and respect..
Wongy11017 h, 33 m ago

damn entitled snowflakes expecting a future!
philphil6152 m ago

I'm not stripping anything away.Hope gets you nothingWorking hard and …I'm not stripping anything away.Hope gets you nothingWorking hard and scraping out the jam jar with that slice of bread that's 4 days past it's best will.Yes I agree littering hasn't changed much. It's not a new thing. It's just todays era where it's now deemed more socially unacceptable (they are offended) but the OP is right about discipline and respect..

I agree Phil it is all about respect and it works both ways !
Dnt get me started on folk who think nothing o throwing fag ends and empty soft drink bottles out of car windows !!!@
mds125623 h, 23 m ago

Is there a question in there? If so yes I agree

If I had asked a question it would have been moved to ASK
shadey1223 h, 4 m ago

Lack of bins?Parenting in the past?Parenting in the present?Attitudes to …Lack of bins?Parenting in the past?Parenting in the present?Attitudes to rubbish?Give us a clue @RedLozzer

A breakdown in community values.
miikeyblue8th May

Southend beach this …Southend beach this weekend...https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2064270487168380&id=100007563465124

My post was made because of the state of the local park I cycle past on my way home from work. The sun comes out and people flock there and then go home leaving their rubbish. There are available bins on the edge of the park but it is apparently too difficult for them to pick up the rubbish and walk the extra 100metres etc to utilise them.
Treboeth19 h, 53 m ago

OP when you get home with your rubbish do you always have to post it on …OP when you get home with your rubbish do you always have to post it on here

Someone has to keep Misc going.
RedLozzer1 h, 46 m ago

My post was made because of the state of the local park I cycle past on my …My post was made because of the state of the local park I cycle past on my way home from work. The sun comes out and people flock there and then go home leaving their rubbish. There are available bins on the edge of the park but it is apparently too difficult for them to pick up the rubbish and walk the extra 100metres etc to utilise them.

They are too busy taking selfies to upload to snapchat and facebook and in any case they might get their £200 designer jeans dirty in the process

And if you try to challenge them they'll report you to the police because they feel offended by your attitude
philphil6110 h, 27 m ago

They are too busy taking selfies to upload to snapchat and facebook and …They are too busy taking selfies to upload to snapchat and facebook and in any case they might get their £200 designer jeans dirty in the process And if you try to challenge them they'll report you to the police because they feel offended by your attitude

How does coming out with this ageist stuff help Phil ?
Jumpingphil4 h, 56 m ago

Well, that hasn't elaborated at all.Then when you make a comment"their are …Well, that hasn't elaborated at all.Then when you make a comment"their are just more slightly more people consuming a heck of a lot more and the councils have had their budgets slashed.Edited by: "Wongy110" 17 h, 57 m ago " that has been edited and you use their instead.... actually, I just give up.Goodnight.

I finished 5th for languages Phil.
hotukdeals.com/com…652
Wongy1101 h, 0 m ago

How does coming out with this ageist stuff help Phil ?

So comments you don't like are now ageist (if made my someone older than you) - you are showing your true colours

You can't accept the answer so you revert to name calling/stereotyping?

As for your last comment something about "finished 5th"

If first, second and third places are taken and there's joint winners for 4th & 5th place you can't be 5th if you are joint 6th, 7th and 8th

It seems you might be good at languages (compared to the small number that took part) but you ain't good at math (or maths depending in which era you come from)

If I was your teacher and filling out your school report card I would have to put "Mum why didn't you decide to swallow!" or "Don't bother turning up next term"
philphil615 m ago

So comments you don't like are now ageist (if made my someone older than …So comments you don't like are now ageist (if made my someone older than you) - you are showing your true coloursYou can't accept the answer so you revert to name calling/stereotyping?As for your last comment something about "finished 5th"If first, second and third places are taken and there's joint winners for 4th & 5th place you can't be 5th if you are joint 6th, 7th and 8th It seems you might be good at languages (compared to the small number that took part) but you ain't good at math (or maths depending in which era you come from) If I was your teacher and filling out your school report card I would have to put "Mum why didn't you decide to swallow!" or "Don't bother turning up next term"

If you made the same comments about pensioners Phil it would still be ageist
giving people 'labels' and slagging them off is never helpful

what happened to rant war then ?
philphil619th May

The previous generation had to work two jobs to help pay off their …The previous generation had to work two jobs to help pay off their mortgage.The previous generation as kids had to fend for themselves whilst the parent(s) were out working all dayThe previous generation as kids had to clean the home to earn pocket moneyThe previous generation as kids had to learn discipline and respectThe previous generation had to go outside in all weathers to have something to doAnd you say we were greedy?Yes the kid next door got lots of toys and electronic games when he was about 9/10 - when I was that age I got a bundle of paper, some paint and some brushes along with an orange and some Brazil nuts but of course we were greedy...At 14 I could cook a main meal, do the laundry, iron clothes, overlock and use industrial sewing machine and no I wasn't born at the beginning of the 20th century - I wonder what 14 year olds can do now? use snapchat and facebook with 200+ friends.

The previous generation has produced a hostile environment for mutual communal support, aka, neighbourly grace, courtesy and urgency to uphold others' personal rights as well as their own rights, which includes well being of others. They are relatively more "me, me and me" with their selfish , greedy, independent attitude beyond their own households. They worked very hard for themselves but couldn't care much for others unlike the generation immediately after and war. They are extremely selfish, a classic example,
Round me, the previous generation is relatively wealthy, they are the banks of mum and dad, their adult children buy properies, but they also fiercely anti-house development in their neighbourhood, aka, new houses for others. Another example,
They work very hard for themselves, but as soon as you suggest to them to take part in any communal gathering for common good, work for nothing but common well being, they don't turn up, when they do, they don't put their hand up to do things. They just use their lips, very nice with their words. When there is freebie for food and drinks , they turn up in strength, but rarely otherwise. I would say, if 10-20 people had turn up to volunteer immediately after the war, you would get one volunteer with the previous and current generation. They have money for cruises but "£1 effort worth limit" for charitable activities, my local committees have vacant posts for committee members who actually need to put hours in. Final example,
After the war, the senior officers returned to senior posts or worked up the ranks. They had cared for their workers relatively more by sharing out wealth more evenly e.g. there were subsidised canteens and Luncheon Vouchers. Now, you know it, the previous generation created a hostile economic environment full of themselves.

Back to the core point, us committee members are going out to clear up 400- house area of rubbish. Do you get residents to help, no , they don't respond to emails requesting for help. That's the previous gen and current gen.
Edited by: "splender" 10th May
splender2 h, 33 m ago

The previous generation has produced a hostile environment for mutual …The previous generation has produced a hostile environment for mutual communal support, aka, neighbourly grace, courtesy and urgency to uphold others' personal rights as well as their own rights, which includes well being of others. They are relatively more "me, me and me" with their selfish , greedy, independent attitude beyond their own households. They worked very hard for themselves but couldn't care much for others unlike the generation immediately after and war. They are extremely selfish, a classic example, Round me, the previous generation is relatively wealthy, they are the banks of mum and dad, their adult children buy properies, but they also fiercely anti-house development in their neighbourhood, aka, new houses for others. Another example,They work very hard for themselves, but as soon as you suggest to them to take part in any communal gathering for common good, work for nothing but common well being, they don't turn up, when they do, they don't put their hand up to do things. They just use their lips, very nice with their words. When there is freebie for food and drinks , they turn up in strength, but rarely otherwise. I would say, if 10-20 people had turn up to volunteer immediately after the war, you would get one volunteer with the previous and current generation. They have money for cruises but "£1 effort worth limit" for charitable activities, my local committees have vacant posts for committee members who actually need to put hours in. Final example,After the war, the senior officers returned to senior posts or worked up the ranks. They had cared for their workers relatively more by sharing out wealth more evenly e.g. there were subsidised canteens and Luncheon Vouchers. Now, you know it, the previous generation created a hostile economic environment full of themselves.Back to the core point, us committee members are going out to clear up 400- house area of rubbish. Do you get residents to help, no , they don't respond to emails requesting for help. That's the previous gen and current gen.

Well said that comment about service men returning from the war describes my dad to a t
I don't feel comfortable throwing rubbish on the ground. I wait till I can get to a bin.

I don't know what's wrong with certain people who leave rubbish everywhere... On buses, trains etc. On supermarket shelves even. I find empty wrappers and bottles a lot while at work on the shelves I'm restocking.
There are people who leave something on random shelves when the item's location is just one step away. They can't be bothered to waste 5 seconds to put it back in the right location. Unbelievable and lazy. Someone else will move it to the right place... Who cares, right?
Wongy1104 h, 10 m ago

If you made the same comments about pensioners Phil it would still be …If you made the same comments about pensioners Phil it would still be ageistgiving people 'labels' and slagging them off is never helpfulwhat happened to rant war then ?

Other than the OP you was the second to discuss age and go after "the previous generation"

And I was just educating you on my life as a previous generation and what I was taught and what I had to do to survive and make way to own my own home.

You seem to take offence at fact and evidence and you stereotype by putting a specific group into one category.

Yes I did too but mine is supported by factual evidence -
no not all "younguns" own the top of the range mobile phone...just most
no not all "younguns" wear designer/expensive clothes....just most
no not all "younguns" drop their rubbish where they are because most know that they are being watched (cctv/wardens etc) sadly in parks and "open spaces" there isn't all those watching eyes

Now if you decide to attempt to reply could you please provide some evidence/fact/proof of "this greedy previous generation" as all those that I know who own their home and live a comfortable life have, in fact, worked hard most of their adult lives forgoing some of life's luxuries during that time to know that later on they can be happy.

"The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply."

Denis Waitley
philphil619th May

I wonder what 14 year olds can do now? use snapchat and facebook with …I wonder what 14 year olds can do now? use snapchat and facebook with 200+ friends.

old man on internet complains about young people on the internet.

In the past 392 days philphil, you have commented 8778 times, averaging over 21 comments a day... thats on a website that is essentially the online equivalent of the fridge at the back of the shop with the yellow-stickered items in it. Somehow, it seems that this makes you better than people who dare to use other social media because you could use an overlocker when you were 14

Mate, i don't know how to tell you this but being skilled in industrial sewing machinery isn't a big deal these days.

This over-bearing, self-satisfied, bullying by the older generation, on here, is not just unpleasant, its misguided. Todays youth are fed up by this hypocritcal lecturing by a generation who benefitted from free education, affordable housing, a working health service and freedom of movement around europe - they have had this taken them away from them by a generation who has somehow forgotten who is going to be in charge next.
Edited by: "Josh.Rogan" 10th May
Those who are old today were once young.
Those who were young in 1975 but old now in 2016,
The young ones in 2016 will be older in 2050.
How you like now, will probably be unliked , and vice versa, well before 2050. (You may like to Google or YouTube "PWC 2050 outlook").
Those who are the Millennials now will be senior citizen then, they will say, looking at those useless good for nothing young ones, do less work than a $1000 AI robot. That's if they are allowed to live.
Soon, HotUKDeals will be HotNODeals, by 2035, as AI means, the people who own the AI robots rather like you to buy less deals and consume as little as possible.
this is about economics ...what the previous generation smart people did : penguin.co.uk/art…ng/

We often hear businesses, entrepreneurs or sectors talking about themselves as ‘wealth-creating’. The contexts may differ – finance, big pharma or small start-ups – but the self-descriptions are similar: I am a particularly productive member of the economy, my activities create wealth, I take big ‘risks’, and so I deserve a higher income than people who simply benefit from the spillovers of this activity. But what if, in the end, these descriptions are simply just stories? Narratives created in order to justify inequalities of wealth and income, massively rewarding the few who are able to convince governments and society that they deserve high rewards, while the rest of us make do with the leftovers.

Read her two books in the above link to find out, a lot extract wealth but claim in their stories that make wealth. The rubbish is around because the wealth extractors produce it, as throwaway strategy shifts products much faster. The financial KPIs look at the bottom line profits in the financial industry.
philphil615 h, 13 m ago

Other than the OP you was the second to discuss age and go after "the …Other than the OP you was the second to discuss age and go after "the previous generation"And I was just educating you on my life as a previous generation and what I was taught and what I had to do to survive and make way to own my own home.You seem to take offence at fact and evidence and you stereotype by putting a specific group into one category.Yes I did too but mine is supported by factual evidence - no not all "younguns" own the top of the range mobile phone...just mostno not all "younguns" wear designer/expensive clothes....just mostno not all "younguns" drop their rubbish where they are because most know that they are being watched (cctv/wardens etc) sadly in parks and "open spaces" there isn't all those watching eyesNow if you decide to attempt to reply could you please provide some evidence/fact/proof of "this greedy previous generation" as all those that I know who own their home and live a comfortable life have, in fact, worked hard most of their adult lives forgoing some of life's luxuries during that time to know that later on they can be happy."The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply."Denis Waitley

Sorry Phil not much 'effort' here and not sure what daily fail cave you got the term 'youngguns' from
(been watching westworld ?)
but if you mean 'young people' then utter utter BS

"no not all "younguns" own the top of the range mobile phone...just most
no not all "younguns" wear designer/expensive clothes....just most
no not all "younguns" drop their rubbish where they are because most know that they are being watched (cctv/wardens etc) sadly in parks and "open spaces" there isn't all those watching eyes"
Josh.Rogan10th May

old man on internet complains about young people on the internet.In the …old man on internet complains about young people on the internet.In the past 392 days philphil, you have commented 8778 times, averaging over 21 comments a day... thats on a website that is essentially the online equivalent of the fridge at the back of the shop with the yellow-stickered items in it. Somehow, it seems that this makes you better than people who dare to use other social media because you could use an overlocker when you were 14 Mate, i don't know how to tell you this but being skilled in industrial sewing machinery isn't a big deal these days.This over-bearing, self-satisfied, bullying by the older generation, on here, is not just unpleasant, its misguided. Todays youth are fed up by this hypocritcal lecturing by a generation who benefitted from free education, affordable housing, a working health service and freedom of movement around europe - they have had this taken them away from them by a generation who has somehow forgotten who is going to be in charge next.

Young and failed

Another youngun who's school reports were given "Excellent" and "A+" and "this boy will go far" but they all lied just so you wouldn't be hurt

In the past 392 days?
I've been less active than previous years

Commented 8778 times?
That is since 24th May 2012 (but although I can't know for sure I think that total should include 7164 discussion comments plus the 100's of deleted comments

So your figure of 21 comments per day, I'm sure the majority of educated members reading this will agree, is somewhat inaccurate

BUT and it's a big but

Having been employed continually for 35 years except for 1 year where I was unemployed but retrained at college as a car mechanic I now suffer medical conditions (that's plural not singular) that does not allow me to live a normal life never mind work I seem to have a lot of free time which allows me more access to the internet

"Todays youth are fed up by this hypocritcal lecturing by a generation who benefitted from free education, affordable housing, a working health service and freedom of movement around europe - they have had this taken them away from them by a generation who has somehow forgotten who is going to be in charge next."

You are blaming the previous generation for all these things but forget that those before us earned those rights - what have the younguns done for this country?

The free education I got is still available today - no change
Affordable housing? I had to work two jobs - not 35hr week
A working health service - you think it's got worse...that's hilarious
Freedom of movement around Europe - let me just reiterate one major flaw in your argument - do to my age the first time I was able to vote about the European Union was in 2016 and at a guess there's about 1 million UK workers who have benefited from this but how many Eastern Europeans have benefited? And on a more serious note I doubt BREXIT will stop those wanting or having the skills/qualifications/aims from continuing their dreams.

As I mentioned in a previous comment in similar words... you youth/younguns want everything given to you on a silver spoon and I know it's going to hurt but life isn't like that. You ant something then you have to work hard and put effort into getting it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions