Rude Game Store employees, what's going on?

Found 20th Apr 2009
tried to trade in some games for the 2 for 25 DS deal and the manager said "where do you work", then asked me if i worked for a game store, i said no i didn't work, and he questioned why i didn't work.

He and the assistant manager then basically ignored me for the rest of the transaction, except the manager clearly took my reward card and wrote down the number on a piece of paper, when i questioned him he walked away, and when i asked the assistant manager he just muttered something under his breath and moved onto another customer.

The store was quite busy and i felt embaressed as though they were treating me like a shoplifter, i think once i've spent my vouchers i won't be going back.

any game employees here know whats going on?

16 Comments

contact head office and ask for reasons its not very fair on you

Banned

They've probably got to be wary of small independent shops dumping stock on them with this deal - still out of order though by the sounds of it.

I'd definitely complain if I was you!

Sloth/Mod

Double standards by Game...............this from the stores that bought up nearly all the cheap 360's when Sainsburys had the offer on to sell at a profit.

They are truly crap.

Although I did manage to take some ds games in and take advantage of the 2 for £25 offer (14 in total) before it was posted on HUD I might ad, Whenever I now go into the shop, I get dirty looks from a couple of the staff / manager. It's really upsetting (I've been using game on and off for like before it was even called "Game").

As soon as the credit on my store card has gone, I don't think I'll be shopping there again.

probably because they are sick fed up of people ripping the proverbial out of the offer, but as already has been mentioned hell mend them for the scandalous sainsburys episode.

ants97;4980922

probably because they are sick fed up of people ripping the proverbial … probably because they are sick fed up of people ripping the proverbial out of the offer, but as already has been mentioned hell mend them for the scandalous sainsburys episode.

if tehy dont want people to abuse it then, they shouldnt have these offers imo because if they have ab offer like that then they can and will be abused

shosie;4980953

if tehy dont want people to abuse it then, they shouldnt have these … if tehy dont want people to abuse it then, they shouldnt have these offers imo because if they have ab offer like that then they can and will be abused

It really isn't there fault and please don't think badly of them, like anybody else they are only human and started out in life with the same hopes and dreams as everybody else and yet here we are, we've all grown up, forged ahead and tried to create a little something with our lives.

meanwhile they ended up working at game.

they must have done something really evil in another life to end up with a fate like that.

Before Game i think it was called 4play. Lol. I remember i was 6 and my dad paid £44.99 for Streets of Rage 2. My god who would have known it would be one of the best games ever made

Which store was this?

Maybe they want to take advantage of the offer after shop hours themselves, but there is a limit to how many each store can trade in per day.

dubdivision;4980873

Although I did manage to take some ds games in and take advantage of the … Although I did manage to take some ds games in and take advantage of the 2 for £25 offer (14 in total) before it was posted on HUD I might ad, Whenever I now go into the shop, I get dirty looks from a couple of the staff / manager. It's really upsetting (I've been using game on and off for like before it was even called "Game").As soon as the credit on my store card has gone, I don't think I'll be shopping there again.

Me too, unless there is another offer, I'll be heading to cex. :thumbsup:

Game is making alot of profits from this offer!

Original Poster

hot_top;4983038

Me too, unless there is another offer, I'll be heading to cex. … Me too, unless there is another offer, I'll be heading to cex. :thumbsup:Game is making alot of profits from this offer!

Sure, we're offloading games worth about 4 quid to them for 12.50, buying all their hardware using vouchers and then never shopping there again because of their poor customer service. bet they're raking it in

eca07mc;4983087

Sure, we're offloading games worth about 4 quid to them for 12.50, buying … Sure, we're offloading games worth about 4 quid to them for 12.50, buying all their hardware using vouchers and then never shopping there again because of their poor customer service. bet they're raking it in

They sure are, as I mentioned in the other thread, bought a game for £3.99, traded it in still shrink-wrapped, they can sell this game £29.99 online.

Banned

Syzable;4980811

Double standards by Game...............this from the stores that bought … Double standards by Game...............this from the stores that bought up nearly all the cheap 360's when Sainsburys had the offer on to sell at a profit. They are truly crap.

Yeah that was pathetic, and makes this even worse.

Its weird how Gamestation, despite being owned by game (but operated seperately) are so much better.

Gamestation recently took in a load of my games, old pc crap etc, and matched CEX (its next door) - paying way over their normal prices etc, and the bloke just seem genuinely happy to have my business - saying its just the way it is, and they'd rather I come back and buy from them.

At that point I did point out theres no way I'd buy anything from CEX as I wouldn't know what I'd catch.

He laughed

vibeone;4983385

Yeah that was pathetic, and makes this even worse.Its weird how … Yeah that was pathetic, and makes this even worse.Its weird how Gamestation, despite being owned by game (but operated seperately) are so much better.Gamestation recently took in a load of my games, old pc crap etc, and matched CEX (its next door) - paying way over their normal prices etc, and the bloke just seem genuinely happy to have my business - saying its just the way it is, and they'd rather I come back and buy from them.At that point I did point out theres no way I'd buy anything from CEX as I wouldn't know what I'd catch.He laughed

Ive founbd the same too ever since gamesation moved into our town ive liked stopped using game i think i may have used it once or twice in the past few years or so

Banned

shosie;4983442

Ive founbd the same too ever since gamesation moved into our town ive … Ive founbd the same too ever since gamesation moved into our town ive liked stopped using game i think i may have used it once or twice in the past few years or so

I go in for a look sometimes, but thats it.

Its odd really. I hope the OFT never let them merge properly - Gamestation is cheaper, has better stock (pre owned, and miles and miles better staff.

I don't think I've ever seen gamestation selling something for more than game.

Gamestation in Gainsborough and Lincoln are awesome. Praise where its due etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …44
    2. life1119
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1119
    4. Proof of time travel ?11

See more discussions