Groups

Rudeness and lazyness.....

Hands up who gets a bit annoyed when they go to lengths to help someone out but then hear nothing back? I know people don't help others to get thanks but even a follow up would be appreciated!

21 Comments

Courtesy costs nothing,

So my mum told me!

I'm with you both!

Ooohh you know what gets me, when you let a car in front of you and they don't acknowledge it, i mean, how hard can it be to wave or nod???

What gets me is - its mainly "the older generation" moaning about the younger ones having no manners - yet they can be JUST as bad themselves - if not worse?!

What do they expect - lead by example I say!

my peeve at the moment is my kids friends who call for them without saying please, is it just me which sounds better:

hello is Tom there please

or:

Is Tom there

??

I can't stand it when customers ask where something is you take them to it and they don't say thank you, nothing. :x

suze;2557404

I can't stand it when customers ask where something is you take them to … I can't stand it when customers ask where something is you take them to it and they don't say thank you, nothing. :x

Or customers that don't even acknowledge you at ALL when your serving them.....

I could go on all day about this!

Original Poster

:thumbsup:I know, simple manners make such a difference! The amount of times I have helped people on here as well as the usual (letting cars out etc) and had no response is ridiculous!

What do we want?

MANNERS!

When do we want them?

NOW!!!!

Becksdawe;2557385

What gets me is - its mainly "the older generation" moaning about the … What gets me is - its mainly "the older generation" moaning about the younger ones having no manners - yet they can be JUST as bad themselves - if not worse?!What do they expect - lead by example I say!

i agree

was on a bus a few weeks ago and a lady had 2 nusery kids with her in uniform, around 3 years old i'd say, they were sitting nicely together singing nursery rhymes, was cute i thought, yet an old lady sitting opposite was outraged, started ranting at the mum saying she should control her kids and teach them manners! that they wouldnt dare do that in her day, respect others etc, i couldnt believe it, EVERYONE else on the bus was saying to the mum not to worry etc but she was close to tears, if they were teenages blaring music i would understand but it was uncalled for :x

Becksdawe;2557428

Or customers that don't even acknowledge you at ALL when your serving … Or customers that don't even acknowledge you at ALL when your serving them.....I could go on all day about this!

Me too!!!

The ones that put their money on the counter not in your hand, then hold our their hand for change!

Ones on their mobiles all the way through the transaction.

Ones who give you £20 note for £1.35 bill, then when you say you have no fivers suddenly find a fiver themselves!

Oh...........I must stop ranting!!!! Your turn now!!!

loupomm;2557458

i agreewas on a bus a few weeks ago and a lady had 2 nusery kids with her … i agreewas on a bus a few weeks ago and a lady had 2 nusery kids with her in uniform, around 3 years old i'd say, they were sitting nicely together singing nursery rhymes, was cute i thought, yet an old lady sitting opposite was outraged, started ranting at the mum saying she should control her kids and teach them manners! that they wouldnt dare do that in her day, respect others etc, i couldnt believe it, EVERYONE else on the bus was saying to the mum not to worry etc but she was close to tears, if they were teenages blaring music i would understand but it was uncalled for :x

That really is awful!

bellabonkers;2557360

Ooohh you know what gets me, when you let a car in front of you and they … Ooohh you know what gets me, when you let a car in front of you and they don't acknowledge it, i mean, how hard can it be to wave or nod???

Same thing but slightly different!

I walk to and from work. Every morning & evening, car drivers point blank refuse to stop to let me, (OK & some other people too :-D), cross the road! Instead, they trickle along until they get to within a cats whisker of the car in front!

Its not as if I'm going to slow their already 0mph journey down and usually I cross away from junctions so no-one's going to get in front of them!

Downright stupidity and rudeness!

Banned

bellabonkers;2557360

Ooohh you know what gets me, when you let a car in front of you and they … Ooohh you know what gets me, when you let a car in front of you and they don't acknowledge it, i mean, how hard can it be to wave or nod???

Thats a real big annoyance for me also. I usually shout back "you're welcome".

Banana79;2557444

:thumbsup:I know, simple manners make such a difference! The amount of … :thumbsup:I know, simple manners make such a difference! The amount of times I have helped people on here as well as the usual (letting cars out etc) and had no response is ridiculous!What do we want?MANNERS!When do we want them? NOW!!!!

PLEASE!!!

jellybaby22;2557465

Or...post a thread asking for help...go offline almost immediatley and … Or...post a thread asking for help...go offline almost immediatley and then never acknowledge the thread again....WHY?????That really annoys me

PMSL!!!!!

:-D :thumbsup: :roll:

People can be VERY rude on here and in real life but there is nothing we can do about it, other than be polite to them and hope they treat the next person nicer......!

suze;2557467

Me too!!! The ones that put their money on the counter not in your hand, … Me too!!! The ones that put their money on the counter not in your hand, then hold our their hand for change!Ones on their mobiles all the way through the transaction.Ones who give you £20 note for £1.35 bill, then when you say you have no fivers suddenly find a fiver themselves!Oh...........I must stop ranting!!!! Your turn now!!!

Headphones... take the blimmin things out your ears for the whole SIXTY SECONDS it takes me to put your goods through the till.

The ones who complain when you don't say thankyou - purely because your having an off day and they have blantently ignored you throughout.

The ones who would carry on talking to there friend/mother/sister and no acknowledgement not even a smile!

I don't mind if there on there phone and at least apologise. It makes me appriciate the job Sales Assistants do - at least as a Supervisor I can rota me off a till :whistling:

Becksdawe;2557519

I don't mind if there on there phone and at least apologise. It makes me … I don't mind if there on there phone and at least apologise. It makes me appriciate the job Sales Assistants do - at least as a Supervisor I can rota me off a till :whistling:

He he he , me too know what you mean!!! ;-)

The worst have to be though the ones who turn up 5 minutes before closing and start browsing and complain when you are trying to shut!!!

Original Poster

jellybaby22;2557465

Or...post a thread asking for help...go offline almost immediatley and … Or...post a thread asking for help...go offline almost immediatley and then never acknowledge the thread again....WHY?????:x:xThat really annoys me:p

Hmmmmmmm, I may have had that issue just a few times! How long does it take to just acknowledge!

suze;2557537

He he he , me too know what you mean!!! ;-)The worst have to be though … He he he , me too know what you mean!!! ;-)The worst have to be though the ones who turn up 5 minutes before closing and start browsing and complain when you are trying to shut!!!

Easy to say - treat others how you would want to be treat yourself but it really gets my goat.

Another annoying thing is packed buses - people can soooo obviously see I'm 7months pregnant now and STILL not ONE person has offered to give me there seat!

I did have one kind gentleman stand with his brolly over me at the traffic lights the other day - that was a VERY rare occureance!

Original Poster

karaokecolin;2557498

PLEASE!!!

I can't seem to use the multiquote! :oops:

Colin, lol, sorry, how rude of me! :whistling:

jellybaby22;2557465

Or...post a thread asking for help...go offline almost immediatley and … Or...post a thread asking for help...go offline almost immediatley and then never acknowledge the thread again....WHY?????:x:xThat really annoys me:p

I couldn't agree more.

Please.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      2. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118

See more discussions