Groups

Rules?

Can any mods tell me if any rules were broken in this thread of mine

hotukdeals.com/ite…-00

It has been locked but no reason why, or was it just locked because the deal is done?

Thanks.

26 Comments

Original Poster

Direct link to thread:

]http//ww…-00

Banned

yes rules had been broken as pointed out, i assume its been locked to stop anymore bumping of the thread

Original Poster

I don't understand how the rules were broke, sorry.

He offered to buy it and asked for payment method to which I replied PPG.

He agreed by moving to PM.

I even stated that the deal had been made and moving to pm.

I didn't answer his pm until I stated this on the thread.

I take it was him who broke the rules and not me?

Banned

you deal on the board, once agreed by both of you then you move to pm to exchange personal details

you broke the rules,

dont worry a mod will be along shortly to let you know the error of your ways

sassie;8726074

you deal on the board, once agreed by both of you then you move to pm to … you deal on the board, once agreed by both of you then you move to pm to exchange personal details

isnt that what happened? :oops: looked fine to me.

dneill2006;8726058

I don't understand how the rules were broke, sorry.He offered to buy it … I don't understand how the rules were broke, sorry.He offered to buy it and asked for payment method to which I replied PPG.He agreed by moving to PM.

right-so the deal is done-best to just leave it there-enough endless bumping in the original thread without starting again here-let it lie!!

michelle2207;8726087

isnt that what happened? :oops: looked fine to me.

+1....:?

Original Poster

Sorry, just wanted to keep a completely positive rep on this site.

Banned

op what was this post about

Sorry I thought I replied in the thread saying I agreed to his offer.

My mistake there.

I accept his offer and will move to pm

Original Poster

sassie;8726108

op what was this post aboutSorry I thought I replied in the thread saying … op what was this post aboutSorry I thought I replied in the thread saying I agreed to his offer.My mistake there.I accept his offer and will move to pm

I was thinking I didn't agree to the deal as people were saying rules were broken, I have looked over the thread and I did agree to the deal.

That was me being confused by people saying the deal wasn't agreed.

dneill2006;8726125

I was thinking I didn't agree to the deal as people were saying rules … I was thinking I didn't agree to the deal as people were saying rules were broken, I have looked over the thread and I did agree to the deal.That was me being confused by people saying the deal wasn't agreed.

i understood it clearly i dont really see why theres a prob..unless you have edited your thread...

Original Poster

ilovepink;8726142

i understood it clearly i dont really see why theres a prob..unless you … i understood it clearly i dont really see why theres a prob..unless you have edited your thread...

No, I just didn't understand why people were saying rules had been broken, sorry.

i didnt see anything wrong. you offered something, somebody agreed to buy it. you explained what ppg was. you took it to pm. deal done correctly! i wouldnt worry op.

it might not have even been a mod who expired it. prob someone else peed off that they missed out lol (or the fact u sold it for 1p more than rrp haha)

Original Poster

michelle2207;8726164

i didnt see anything wrong. you offered something, somebody agreed to buy … i didnt see anything wrong. you offered something, somebody agreed to buy it. you explained what ppg was. you took it to pm. deal done correctly! i wouldnt worry op.

Great, thanks :thumbsup:

Banned

a new member saying i would like to buy this how do you want paying, and you saying paypal gift, doesnt really consitute a deal, would you then have been happy if you had sent your details and he had sent you £20, saying you want paypal gift doesnt mean its a deal, it encourages dealing via pm, like i said had he then said via pm i only want to pay £20 would you still class that as the deal agreed, cause on the boards there isnt anything agreed except he would like to buy it and you want paying via \ppg

of course i dont think this should be discussed here.in before the lock :whistling:

Banned

The thread was locked with the deal being agreed. It will be reopened if requested by the buyer/seller in the event of a trade dispute.

You then bumped the thread in response to other claims of PM dealing. We'll let it go as an oversight as per your explanation, however your closing statement is wrong. You should be careful not to repeat that error in future.

Nothing looks wrong to me

Banned

Read the thread slowly. All confirmations of the deal must be highlighted in the the thread prior to PM exchange of personal details.

what's the problem?
    The deal has been done, how does an extra bump effect the thread as it was taken to pm?
    more inconsistencies.

Banned

Skusey,

Look at the bigger picture. The deal was done and moved to PM, not really any need to continue that thread unless there is a trade dispute. Every subsequent post demotes other listings. Not inconsistent at all - just a balance to ensure fairness all round.

I also dont see anything wrong. You offered then it was agreed and then you moved to PM/
    It was done fine
    There are so many rules on this site, i have been suspended before for something i did not even do!
    There are so many rules to follow so dont worry

Nevermind

someone made an offer....someone else requested a pic as if they were interested OP never said they would accept the first offer...ASB even said do not PM until trade has been confirmed but still went straight to PM. Clearcut IMO

aScottishBloke;8726453

Skusey,Look at the bigger picture. The deal was done and moved to PM, not … Skusey,Look at the bigger picture. The deal was done and moved to PM, not really any need to continue that thread unless there is a trade dispute. Every subsequent post demotes other listings. Not inconsistent at all - just a balance to ensure fairness all round.

Scotty,

I hope you're on the beach with a long, cold one whilst writing this stuff!

Might as well come home if not!

Cheers

Bill, the green eyed monster!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions