Run dry kettle from Argos

Banned
The light went out but it carried on boiling nothing, been on for 2 days didn't realise till this morning. What can I doooo? who do I suuuuee?

Electric bill will be like 2kw x 48hrs = £20+

11 Comments

2 days :lol:

What a muppet!

It won't have run at 2 KW continuously.

You musn't drink much tea if it had been on two days without you noticing ,my kettles on 6 times a day:)

Banned

moob;5971632

2 days :lol:What a muppet!

:w00t::w00t:

It will overheat, switch off and then reset, it doesn't use much electricity and I bet if you fill it up its still working!!!
Should be grateful it didn't short and cause a fire.

moob;5971632

2 days :lol:What a muppet!

lol,

yeah how?!?!

Original Poster Banned

wendyak;5971761

It will overheat, switch off and then reset, it doesn't use much … It will overheat, switch off and then reset, it doesn't use much electricity and I bet if you fill it up its still working!!!Should be grateful it didn't short and cause a fire.

I emptied the kettle before it had finished boiling then put it back on the stand. It carried on boiling nothing the light went out but the switch didn't come up still allowing electricity to the element. I know this because i recreated the fault. Its a cheap cookworks one.

I didn't notice before because i was busy cooking dinner.

lumoruk;5972853

I emptied the kettle before it had finished boiling then put it back on … I emptied the kettle before it had finished boiling then put it back on the stand. It carried on boiling nothing the light went out but the switch didn't come up still allowing electricity to the element. I know this because i recreated the fault. Its a cheap cookworks one.I didn't notice before because i was busy cooking dinner.

As I said before, it will not have used anything like 2000 KW so your bill will not be much higher because of this.

lumoruk;5972853

I didn't notice before because i was busy cooking dinner.

for 2 days!

lumoruk;5972853

I emptied the kettle before it had finished boiling then put it back on … I emptied the kettle before it had finished boiling then put it back on the stand. It carried on boiling nothing the light went out but the switch didn't come up still allowing electricity to the element. I know this because i recreated the fault. Its a cheap cookworks one.I didn't notice before because i was busy cooking dinner.

Yeah.....but what other electrical equipment do you leave on standyby :roll:

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;5972880

for 2 days!

I don't drink tea :thinking:

choc1969;5972892

Yeah.....but what other electrical equipment do you leave on standyby … Yeah.....but what other electrical equipment do you leave on standyby :roll:

Router and xbox 360
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767501
    2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311388
    3. Tower Hill - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)44
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407

See more discussions