Groups

runners in Birmingham

does anyone exercise by running in central-ish Birmingham?

I would love to be able to run a marathon but have never honestly taken cardio seriously my entire life hence I ask for any and all advice

I'm trying to lose weight to avoid inevitable type 2 diabetes later on and so I've set myself the goal of a marathon. I would be lifting 3x minimum a week if it's relevant

thanks

7 Comments

If you're on Facebook start with this group.

m.facebook.com/gro…rks
    They are very friendly and helpful. they are every different kinds of runner from all over the country.

Called runningthedistance

Look for a local running club, you don't have to be a massively high standard to join a running club, as many think.

Also look for a run england group, these are insured groups and taken by a group leader who will carry the LIRF or CIRF running qualification.

runengland.info/act…y=0

Parkruns although only 5k as opposed to 42k (for a marathon) are a good place to start.
    Birmingham and the surrounding areas have tons of parkruns.

parkrun.org.uk/eve…ts/

download endomondo that app will show you lots of local routes and you can schedule training with a goal in mind.

i run at cannon hill park every saturday with the park run event. average is about 600 people from kidds to oaps. do the couch-2-5k challenge. (run for 1min then walk for 90secs then repeat for 30mins) loads of free apps out there. good luck

redmouse2

i run at cannon hill park every saturday with the park run event. average … i run at cannon hill park every saturday with the park run event. average is about 600 people from kidds to oaps. do the couch-2-5k challenge. (run for 1min then walk for 90secs then repeat for 30mins) loads of free apps out there. good luck

joining up with ​parkrun is probably the best way to start.

Banned

Run ten miles a week for a few months, by then you'll be well out of Birmingham and be happier for it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress55
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      3. Private Number Plate44
      4. Iptv1228

See more discussions