Running a netbook off a larger Monitor

5 replies
Found 12th Mar 2010
For Uni I was thinking of getting a desktop computer as I didn't fancy a small netbook for in my room if I had to use it alot.

What I'm thinking now though is if I could get a 19" monitor and run a cable between the two and run a bigger keyboard off it too. Would this work ok? Just it would save me a few hundred pound which can be put to better use.

Also, the netbook is a Samsung NC10. Would this be powerful enough to run DVD's off to a larger screen if I were to get an external disk drive?

Many thanks

James

5 Comments

Banned

yes, i have used my netbook on may larger screen via vga in my case
any thing usb, keyboard mice also work just teh same

and not specifically tried dvd's off an external drive, but played divx's on the computer and youtube/iplayer stuff just fine too

In a word YES. Re. the monitor

I do it all the time.

Banned

i have a similar setup at work, works fine for me and still have the portability of the laptop to take home,

Original Poster

Many thanks for the replies. I will probably just do that then, be better than buying a whole new setup too as I will have everything on one hard drive and wont need to move things about. Just dont fancy messing about with equations and graphs on a 10" screen!

Reps for you all.

Another quick question...to save more room, can I stick all my DVD's on an external hard drive and run them off that rather than taking loads down with me?

Banned

James...;8090658

Many thanks for the replies. I will probably just do that then, be better … Many thanks for the replies. I will probably just do that then, be better than buying a whole new setup too as I will have everything on one hard drive and wont need to move things about. Just dont fancy messing about with equations and graphs on a 10" screen!Reps for you all.Another quick question...to save more room, can I stick all my DVD's on an external hard drive and run them off that rather than taking loads down with me?

dvdflick.net/

to put your dvd's onto a hard drive

portableapps.com/app…ble

to play them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21126
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions