RUNNING SHOES ??

Found 4th Jan
hey y'all!

I've been running home from work the last few weeks... just a few km every other day to get my fitness up!

What should I be looking at in a nice running shoe?

is the priority to go in and try them on for fit or is there something else I should be looking at too ??

Don't wanna spent too much I doubt I'll ever be doing marathons
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Go get fitted. Best idea really
If there is an up and running near you they will get you running on a tread mill with differing shoes and recording how you run. Then will offer you expensive shoes - although from their recommendation you can work out cheaper alternatives.
This hot deals thread about ASICS might be of some interest to you
Nike airs ?
Go and get properly assessed & fitted there's chain sports /running shops that do this. You'll find out what kind of runner you are you could under or over pronate ect. Then you can shop around for the best deal. I'm a severe over pronator so need a stability running shoe. Can easily pay £100+ in the shops bit online it's much easier my asics were under £35
You can do a wet test runnersworld.com/run…est to get a rough idea of the type of shoe you'll need. As mentioned above most running shops will offer a fitting service and even after that you're under no obligation to buy from them, look online for the type they've fitted you up for. Bear in mind that I wear a size bigger in running shoe as opposed to shoes or converse as your feet expand whilst running.
I train in Adidas Ultra boost ST (which are support) but race in Adizero Boston which are racers and offer little support.
You'll find people that say you need a fitted shoe and you'll find those that say you don't. I wear support as I've next to no arch in my foot and I was advised 10 or so year ago to wear support.

That being said I ran my fastest ever 5k of about 16 mins in a pair of army issue Hi-Tec silver shadows that offer little support, in fact the are god awful trainers. I spent the best part of 5 months in silver shadows during basic and infantry training and they didn't do me any harm.
Paddy_o_furniture46 m ago

You can do a wet test …You can do a wet test https://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/the-wet-test to get a rough idea of the type of shoe you'll need. As mentioned above most running shops will offer a fitting service and even after that you're under no obligation to buy from them, look online for the type they've fitted you up for. Bear in mind that I wear a size bigger in running shoe as opposed to shoes or converse as your feet expand whilst running.I train in Adidas Ultra boost ST (which are support) but race in Adizero Boston which are racers and offer little support.You'll find people that say you need a fitted shoe and you'll find those that say you don't. I wear support as I've next to no arch in my foot and I was advised 10 or so year ago to wear support. That being said I ran my fastest ever 5k of about 16 mins in a pair of army issue Hi-Tec silver shadows that offer little support, in fact the are god awful trainers. I spent the best part of 5 months in silver shadows during basic and infantry training and they didn't do me any harm.

Everything you need is here

Love the Boston Adizero! I'm still gutted Adidas stopped making my favourite trail shoe ever (XT4).
Get fitted. I need support trainers.
After buying a pair of neutral NB, once my ASICS 1040s were done. I started getting shin pain and times on 10k dropped. Tried my old 1040s no pain.
Since then always shopped for supportive trainers.
Thanks all. I'm gonna have a go in a shop this weekend I think to get an idea and maybe Google the shoes while I'm trying them out to see what kinda online prices they are!!
Wellington boots - they don't pinch!!
running shoes give you support depending on your running action so go to a proper running shoe shop that has a video to record your running action. the sales advisor will then be able to look at the video to get the right shoes for your running action.

following link explains how many types of running shoes there are for your running gait.

runnersworld.co.uk/gea…ics

good running shoes are about £120 to £150 for a pair but you can get them cheaper when they are on sale. you need to try them on before purchase as they need to fit your feet shape correctly for maximum comfort and support.
Paddy_o_furniture12 h, 4 m ago

You can do a wet test …You can do a wet test https://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/the-wet-test to get a rough idea of the type of shoe you'll need. As mentioned above most running shops will offer a fitting service and even after that you're under no obligation to buy from them, look online for the type they've fitted you up for. Bear in mind that I wear a size bigger in running shoe as opposed to shoes or converse as your feet expand whilst running.I train in Adidas Ultra boost ST (which are support) but race in Adizero Boston which are racers and offer little support.You'll find people that say you need a fitted shoe and you'll find those that say you don't. I wear support as I've next to no arch in my foot and I was advised 10 or so year ago to wear support. That being said I ran my fastest ever 5k of about 16 mins in a pair of army issue Hi-Tec silver shadows that offer little support, in fact the are god awful trainers. I spent the best part of 5 months in silver shadows during basic and infantry training and they didn't do me any harm.

Well done, 5k in 16 mins is good going, especially in Silver Shadows. I wore them a few times when I was younger and my feet were so painful afterwards, never again
badger26097 m ago

Well done, 5k in 16 mins is good going, especially in Silver Shadows. I …Well done, 5k in 16 mins is good going, especially in Silver Shadows. I wore them a few times when I was younger and my feet were so painful afterwards, never again

Yeah bloody awful they are, but the army force you to wear them (or at least they did) whilst in phase 1 and 2 training. V40 now and just above 17 mins on a decent 5k course. Tend to do longer stuff now, shortest I tend to do now is a half.
mutley151 m ago

running shoes give you support depending on your running action so go to a …running shoes give you support depending on your running action so go to a proper running shoe shop that has a video to record your running action. the sales advisor will then be able to look at the video to get the right shoes for your running action.following link explains how many types of running shoes there are for your running gait.https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/gear/shoes/choosing-a-shoe-the-very-basicsgood running shoes are about £120 to £150 for a pair but you can get them cheaper when they are on sale. you need to try them on before purchase as they need to fit your feet shape correctly for maximum comfort and support.

I've never paid more than £100 for current season shoes, you can always find them somewhere. May not be the colour you desire.
If you're prepared to wear last seasons/last design you can get decent neutral/support shoes for half that.

Don't just look at the brands you've probably heard of like Nike, adidas, Asics etc. Brooks, New Balance, Saucony, Hoka as well as others all make decent shoes.
Also don't forget adidas have a cracking sale on at the moment.
Paddy_o_furniture7 m ago

I've never paid more than £100 for current season shoes, you can always …I've never paid more than £100 for current season shoes, you can always find them somewhere. May not be the colour you desire.If you're prepared to wear last seasons/last design you can get decent neutral/support shoes for half that.Don't just look at the brands you've probably heard of like Nike, adidas, Asics etc. Brooks, New Balance, Saucony, Hoka as well as others all make decent shoes.

i buy the shoes when they are on sale and stock them up until i need them i get them for around £70 when on sale online. they are around £120 when not on sale but as i am female, women's running shoes tend to be cheaper than men's running shoes.

my husband prefers to go into the running shops to buy them as online stores can send you fakes so not always reliable if you are a serious runner. shops tend to stock this season so are more expensive.
i'm in the process of looking for a pair myself, not as a running shoe, but for fitness walking... docs order no high impact sports.
Went in to my local sweatshop, owned by sports direct, not that you would know it. Service was brilliant, never measured my feet, but instead told them what i wanted the shoe for, surface i was walking on, and budget i had. They then bought out like 8 pairs of different shoes for me to try.
Purchased a pair of adidas supernova's, but after 2 hours of walking there were blistering the tops of my toes, so took them back and they exchanged them for adidas energy boost. Again after 2 hours of walking this time sides of feet were rubbing sore.
Again took them back, and they didn't have anything else within my budget so gave me a full refund.

Can't fault their service, just their stock holding is pretty poor.
Worked out adidas are too narrow for me, so asics probably will be the same, going to a new balance outlet store tomorrow as they have 2e wide fitting shoes and will try them, also a nike outlet store as well.
If anything just take more time trying shoes on, and if i find a pair i like, check on amazon the prices there.
Can trust amazon for non-fakes, and free returns.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants