Running Trainers

Posted 9th Jun
Hi,

I'm fairly new to running and needed some advice please.

I run about 2 miles a day and 1 mile walking.

I tend to use Adidas running trainers, but they last about 3 months before either getting holes in or the sole wearing away.

I'm looking at Under Armour but undecided on which of these to get:

underarmour.co.uk/en-…tml

or

underarmour.co.uk/en-…400

Any recommendations for these please?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

35 Comments
Hey

I have just got into running as well. It’s really hard to recommend a shoe without knowing about you. What is your arch like? What is your running style like? If you are keen on running it may be an idea to go to a running shop when they open again to get an analysis done.

Sometimes these are free others you pay for it and get it off the price of the trainers
I just bought some blue ones.
brentbisset09/06/2020 21:07

HeyI have just got into running as well. It’s really hard to recommend a s …HeyI have just got into running as well. It’s really hard to recommend a shoe without knowing about you. What is your arch like? What is your running style like? If you are keen on running it may be an idea to go to a running shop when they open again to get an analysis done. Sometimes these are free others you pay for it and get it off the price of the trainers

I have a normal arch.

I tend to run, walk, run, walk.

I'm only running really to lose weight. I can now do 2 miles in 21 minutes which is good for me.
I asked this question a few months back, and went for Asics in the end - an excellent running trainer; I highly recommend them.
indywooda09/06/2020 21:24

I asked this question a few months back, and went for Asics in the end - …I asked this question a few months back, and went for Asics in the end - an excellent running trainer; I highly recommend them.

Do you have a link to what you bought please?

What sort of miles do you run per day? Have they kept their performance so far?
Nike Air Pegasus
Have a look at this site.

sportsshoes.com/sup….ds

Gives you an idea of your running style and what shoes are appropriate
Asics
Just have a look at whatever the trendy protesters are wearing when the police
Decide enough is enough 😁
Thanks all
Robloxian09/06/2020 22:55

Thanks all

Last week I purchased the Reebok EnergyLux 2.0 which was posted here. Great fit and super comfy for £26.
Asic Gel Kayano 26s seem to get rave reviews, I'm waiting for the right colour to become available!!
rimalpatel00709/06/2020 23:07

Last week I purchased the Reebok EnergyLux 2.0 which was posted here. …Last week I purchased the Reebok EnergyLux 2.0 which was posted here. Great fit and super comfy for £26.

Thanks, do you run in them?
666FU09/06/2020 23:50

Swindon Town actually. At least we won something this year

Should have been null and void according to some.

European,World and soon to be Premier League Champions would disagree and congratulate all the lower league champions
The best thing you can do is get a gait analysis done in a running shop (when safe to do so, of course).

A great shoe for someone else might be an awful shoe for you.

The analysis will give you background info that will help you avoid a) wasting money on the wrong shoe and b) injury.

A win-win situation.
Robloxian09/06/2020 21:25

Do you have a link to what you bought please?What sort of miles do you run …Do you have a link to what you bought please?What sort of miles do you run per day? Have they kept their performance so far?

sportsshoes.com/product/asi9670/asics-gt%7E1000-8-running-shoes-%7E-aw19/

That’s the link to the shoes I bought, I see sportshoes.com has already been recommended. I tried to order direct from Asics and they cancelled the order.

I run between 35km and 45km per week and they have held up well so far - two months into using them.
Edited by: "indywooda" 10th Jun
Whether you think you have a normal arch or not. Try doing a wet foot gait analysis. It will let you see how your foot falls on the ground and advise you which style of shoe to buy. You may or may not need a supportive sole.

If you are running through a pair in under 300 miles. I suspect you have the wrong type. I’ve got trainers with about a 1,000 miles on them that aren’t all the way through yet. I over probate and use ASICS trainers. The GT range are pretty good, though the higher range are an option.
Robloxian09/06/2020 23:59

Thanks, do you run in them?

Yup run, jog even use it for walking when going to supermarkets.
Danze198409/06/2020 21:26

Nike Air Pegasus

Another vote from me. Really shocked you're only getting 3 months on trainers doing 3m a day.
HottyHotty10/06/2020 09:47

Another vote from me. Really shocked you're only getting 3 months on …Another vote from me. Really shocked you're only getting 3 months on trainers doing 3m a day.

Yeah the material has started to get holes in within the trainer and on the outer part.

The sole also feels like it's worn out and really thin now too as I can feel rocks on my feet when I run.
I'm still swaying towards the UA pairs I posted originally - what does everyone else think?
Robloxian10/06/2020 20:13

I'm still swaying towards the UA pairs I posted originally - what does …I'm still swaying towards the UA pairs I posted originally - what does everyone else think?

I'd say read reviews on running websites tbh. Those have very few onsite reviews - have you read good reviews on them elsewhere? UA aren't known for running shoes as far as I'm aware (and I may be mistaken!)
Edited by: "HottyHotty" 10th Jun
HottyHotty10/06/2020 09:47

Another vote from me. Really shocked you're only getting 3 months on …Another vote from me. Really shocked you're only getting 3 months on trainers doing 3m a day.

I just can't warrant £100 on running trainers when they won't last a long time.
Robloxian10/06/2020 20:24

I just can't warrant £100 on running trainers when they won't last a long …I just can't warrant £100 on running trainers when they won't last a long time.

Pretty sure nike have 100 day returns (you can use in that time). So it's a no brainer as far as I can see, you can return them after three months if the same happens. In my experience with nike, it won't, but depends on model.

Edit- just googled and they don't seem to now, sure they did when I bought mine

Edit 2 - ok 30 day trial run now but means you can run for a month in them: We design our shoes and gear to help you perform at peak level, so if they're not working exactly right for you, we've got you covered. When you shop on Nike.com, we provide you 30 days to take your Nike.com purchases for a trial run, confidently knowing you can return any item (some exceptions apply) for any reason within those 30 days. That also includes custom Nike By You sneakers. Even after 30 days, you can still return items if they're unworn and unwashed. And remember, returns are always free for Nike members.
Edited by: "HottyHotty" 10th Jun
HottyHotty10/06/2020 20:26

Pretty sure nike have 100 day returns (you can use in that time). So it's …Pretty sure nike have 100 day returns (you can use in that time). So it's a no brainer as far as I can see, you can return them after three months if the same happens. In my experience with nike, it won't, but depends on model.Edit- just googled and they don't seem to now, sure they did when I bought mine

Thanks, although £100 is out of my budget.
Robloxian10/06/2020 20:31

Thanks, although £100 is out of my budget.

Worth checking the sale, they often have a 30% off sale code. I got my pegasus for £50 iirc. Otherwise I'd checking runners world etc for best budget runners
HottyHotty10/06/2020 20:32

Worth checking the sale, they often have a 30% off sale code. I got my …Worth checking the sale, they often have a 30% off sale code. I got my pegasus for £50 iirc. Otherwise I'd checking runners world etc for best budget runners

Worth checking the sale, they often have a 30% off sale code. I got my …Worth checking the sale, they often have a 30% off sale code. I got my pegasus for £50 iirc. Otherwise I'd checking runners world etc for best budget runners

I've actually seen a couple I like - what do you think?

nike.com/gb/…401

nike.com/gb/…001

zalando.co.uk/nik…e=8
Edited by: "Robloxian" 10th Jun

I've settled on these I think

zalando.co.uk/nik…tml

Amazing reviews too.
Robloxian10/06/2020 20:40

I've actually seen a couple I like - what do you …I've actually seen a couple I like - what do you think?https://www.nike.com/gb/t/downshifter-9-running-shoe-7qCvJS/AQ7481-401https://www.nike.com/gb/t/revolution-5-running-shoe-b9s3hv/BQ3204-001https://www.zalando.co.uk/nike-performance-revolution-5-neutral-running-shoes-n1242a1ue-q14.html?size=8

Honestly I don't know. My daughter has the downshifter but can't comment on adult version, the first one looks like it won't hold up somehow as it's a knit fabric.

I'd check a few articles like this and try and get a picture of what's recommended by runners, or post on a running forum might be a good idea expertreviews.co.uk/hea…oes
Robloxian10/06/2020 21:06

I've settled on these I …I've settled on these I thinkhttps://www.zalando.co.uk/nike-performance-revolution-5-neutral-running-shoes-n1242a1ue-q14.htmlAmazing reviews too.

If similar price on nike, it's free D&R, plus can wear them for 30 days and see if you like
HottyHotty10/06/2020 21:10

If similar price on nike, it's free D&R, plus can wear them for 30 days …If similar price on nike, it's free D&R, plus can wear them for 30 days and see if you like

They don't have the colour I want and more expensive.
As others have posted, 3 months with that distance is shocking

it’s always worth a gait test but with the current restrictions that might be hard. My tip to you would be always go at least one size up I’m a wide fit 7 in normal shoes but my current running shoes (Nike as it happens but I also like ASICS but they are heavier) are a 9. These were bought after using a gait videoand a clever chap who recommended them. So buy bigger and good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants