Running Trainer's recommendations

Posted 16th Nov
Hello, for runners out there

What trainer's would you recommend and the shop? For new runners beginners

How are New Balance? What shop's would you recommend and is it reasonable to get them under £40/30?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
deleted1471098
Well you need to measure your gait to get the right ones, google this there are plenty of videos to help.

Once you have done that you’ll need to buy the right shoes for your gait.

You can generally get decent ones from sports direct for around £50
Go to a running shop so you can get your running assessed. They will then suggests trainers for you.

Take note of the name / brand and then buy online for a cheaper price.
Asics trainers, have tried many brands but these stand out from the rest.
Lightweight, cushioned, flexible and COMFORTABLE
try them in shops like Sports Direct and JD Sports then order the one you like online, sales.
Goodluck
+1 ASICS best running shoes I ever purchased and will only buy these for running.
+1 Asics, but its what suits. As said above strongly recommend getting the gait assessed in the shop. If you have a McArthur Glen, Cheshire Oaks type outlet the Asics shops will do and guide the purchase. I was in one of the shops yesterday and they had my trainers on offer for £35 down from 90. So, online is not always required. If I went into an independent running shop for assessment I think I'd buy the 1st pair from them, otherwise we will end up having to use the internet! If you are mainly running on road/pavement cushioned is a good idea. Asics tend to size up on the small side.
Probably best to get your gait done at a decent running shop. You should do the right thing and purchase your first pair from the shop(could get them cheaper online but if everyone did this the stores that offer this service will shut down) once you know what shoes you should be wearing you can buy from anywhere. I wouldn't go anywhere near a sportsdirect store as they will sell you a pair of karrimor lead weights.

As mentioned above asics are good but a lot of their flagship "gel" models weigh a ton.
Once you start running you will need to buy a new pair every couple of months so you will need to hunt around for the best deals.

My current running shoe rotaion:
Reebok floatride fast run
Nike epic react
Asics roadhawk ff
Asics noosa ff2
New balance fresh foam 1080
New balance vazee pace
Adidas adios boost 4
Adidas adios boost 3
Asics gel cumulos 10 gtx
Inov8 x talon 212
Merrell bare axis
Sorry can’t help with recommending particular models.

But I did want to say if you are anywhere near Castleford the Junction 32 shopping village

Has a Nike, Adidas, and New Balance Outlet as well as a small sports direct and sketchers store.

junction32.com/sho…ies

Here examples of previous deals

hotukdeals.com/sea…ord

Few people have recommend Asics

Might be worth setting up a keyword alert so you will be notified when Asics deals are posted

Again here are example of previous deals

hotukdeals.com/sea…ics
New Balance 1080v9, and/or Brooks Glycerin 16.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions