Running with Spotify

Found 24th Apr
Can anyone recommend a decent (small/light) device to use whilst running, which i can load Spotify on? I don't want to use my phone as i think it'll get more and more annoying when the distance is increased...
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Xiaomi 4a
you will need a smartphone or an ipod (touch). spotify does not work on any other small mobile devices
I used a small mp3 player inside my cap with buds. Spotify you really need a phone but smaller like 4a will help as can be on arm or use safety clip to hold in pocket. Mp3 in a cap works best but won't work with Spotify
Annoying how?
thanks i thought this would be the case
jb6636 m ago

Annoying how?

I currently use a waste band, whilst it's okay for shorter runs on longer runs (10+ miles) it's not so much uncomfortable but noticeable, also you have limited access to it without stopping. I've used arm bands in the past too but with the increase in phone sizes these are definitely worse over a couple of hours.
I guess i'll have to try and find a smaller smartphone or just buy my music!
Couldn't you just have it in a pocket with some Bluetooth earphones?
that's pretty much what i do at the moment, just looking for alternatives. either an overpriced smartwatch or just learn to deal with it. It's likely going to be the latter
As much as the smart watches are expensive I recently upgraded to a the cellular Apple Watch partly for this reason, got 6 months free Apple Music and unlimited data. So much nicer running without my phone as I also use to use a waist band.
This (https://bemighty.com/products/mighty) was on kickstarter a while back, considered buying in but it seemed a bit limited. I'd search for some reviews before looking into it though, I heard there were a few issues with the initial release.
You can either have a zip pocket and Bluetooth earphones or an arm strap to slip your phone into.
alison19724th Apr

As much as the smart watches are expensive I recently upgraded to a the …As much as the smart watches are expensive I recently upgraded to a the cellular Apple Watch partly for this reason, got 6 months free Apple Music and unlimited data. So much nicer running without my phone as I also use to use a waist band.

Except it dies in no time at all and needs charging everyday......
cmdr_elito6 h, 28 m ago

So it's the same as your average smart phone then?

I charge mine for 20 - 30 minutes every morning after getting up and thats all it needs. The only time it requires any extra is if I go on a long ride and end up using the GPS for several hours
cmdr_elito9 h, 12 m ago

Charge mine every other day, use Strava and Apple Music.
Cakeboy7916 h, 34 m ago

So it's the same as your average smart phone then?I charge mine for 20 - …So it's the same as your average smart phone then?I charge mine for 20 - 30 minutes every morning after getting up and thats all it needs. The only time it requires any extra is if I go on a long ride and end up using the GPS for several hours

Yes but everyone has a smartphone which has a nice big screen, many practical uses why would you swap it for something minute that you can hardly see without a microscope, that has the same battery life as what is effectively a pocket PC (your smartphone). Fad springs to mind.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants