Running/Fitness Advice Needed

8 replies
Found 16th Aug 2010
Basically, trying to get back to a decent fitness level

Looking at getting the nike + software and shoes etc. would anyone recommend it?

Any recommendations on shoes etc.

Not too sure what to get but have been told to go to a proper running shop to get fitted but nearest one to me is 40 mins in car and i don't drive!

Thanks in advance

8 Comments

Unless your doing a lot of running, you dont need proper running shoes imo. I just use comfy but tight trainers for running, i usually do 3-6 mile runs and have never used running shoes.
Edited by: "micoo" 16th Aug 2010

The Nike+ system is good if you have a problem motivating yourself and it does keep trakc of your runs and times etc, there is also the micoach from adidas which works in the same way so might be worth looking into. If your going to do a lot of running then it wil be best to get to a proper running shop to get the proper shoes for your feet and your style of run, it will benefit you in the long run. There are a lot of good shoes but asics have a good following

This was the first thing that came up when i searched

running.about.com/od/…htm
adidas.com/uk/…ch/

Original Poster

currently using a pair of spaceboots (old clima cools!)
not the best fitting and not comfy!

micoo

Unless your doing a lot of running, you dont need proper running shoes … Unless your doing a lot of running, you dont need proper running shoes imo. I just use comfy but tight trainers for running, i usually do 3-6 mile runs and have never used running shoes.

I'm sorry but I really dont think that is sound advice - your body (joints) take a massive pounding when you run (up to 6x your body weight) so getting some proper cushioning is very important unless you want to knacker your knees, hips etc. Running shoes also reduce the chance of blisters etc etc and are gernerally lighter, more comfortable and so on.

That said, you dont need to spend a fortune, just get a proper brand that fit you well (from a proper running shop first time round). I run 100+ miles per week and dont buy expensive shoes but I do know what brand and size fit me well and I replace them before they are worn out.

hth.
Edited by: "dt_matthews" 16th Aug 2010

i have the lunarlite shoes , cracking running trainers for the road , very comfy , i used to wear asics all the time but really like these

dt_matthews

I'm sorry but I really dont think that is sound advice - your body … I'm sorry but I really dont think that is sound advice - your body (joints) take a massive pounding when you run (up to 6x your body weight) so getting some proper cushioning is very important unless you want to knacker your knees, hips etc. Running shoes also reduce the chance of blisters etc etc and are gernerally lighter, more comfortable and so on.That said, you dont need to spend a fortune, just get a proper brand that fit you well (from a proper running shop first time round). I run 100+ miles per week and dont buy expensive shoes but I do know what brand and size fit me well and I replace them before they are worn out.hth.

Running knackers your knees regardless of how thick the cushioning on the shoe is, obv at 100+ miles a week running shoes will make a slight difference but i dont get the impression that the OP will be doing anywhere near that

Banned

micoo

Running knackers your knees regardless of how thick the cushioning on the … Running knackers your knees regardless of how thick the cushioning on the shoe is, obv at 100+ miles a week running shoes will make a slight difference but i dont get the impression that the OP will be doing anywhere near that

You are a young lightweight whippersnapper, you are indestructible!

I have Asics and can recommend them, they are not too pricey either, ideal for someone who is new to running
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amazon deliveries24
    2. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    3. Computer upgrades89
    4. Invisalign dental braces in London22

See more discussions