Russian Economy in serious trouble.

94 replies
Found 16th Dec 2014
Serves them right for the way they bullied a small country & took down a plane killing over 200 innocent people.

I'm guessing Oils will also get cheaper :-)

bbc.co.uk/new…170

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
94 Comments

bunch of murdering gangsters but it's their people who will suffer

And you know for a fact they shot that plane down do you?

Press the button and start the party.
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/27/21/92/nuclear-bomb_00272192.jpg

Original Poster

Error440

And you know for a fact they shot that plane down do you?

Is your name Putin ?

WheresMeNuts

Is your name Putin ?

only if yours is Obama

Original Poster

Error440

only if yours is Obama

So your saying it was not the Russians ?
Just because you did not see someone pulling the trigger, it does not mean you cannot predict who was at fault.
Stop acting PC, it does not work for you lol.
Edited by: "WheresMeNuts" 16th Dec 2014

From the news today:-

If the regime disintegrates – which is no longer unthinkable, but is not an imminent prospect – it will fall apart from within, not because of an anti-regime uprising driven by a hunger for liberty. I draw your attention to an opinion survey released last month by the Levada Centre, which is probably the most reliable pollster in a country saturated in state propaganda and denied normal forms of free expression. A mere 3 per cent of respondents thought they could have some influence over the present situation in Russia, the survey found – and the people questioned in this poll were politically aware Russians, with above-average incomes and education.

WheresMeNuts

So your saying it was not the Russians ?Just because you did not see … So your saying it was not the Russians ?Just because you did not see someone pulling the trigger, it does not mean you cannot predict who was at fault.Stop acting PC, it does not work for you lol.

if I was going to predict who did it I'd say it was the Ukraine as they are the ones to benefit from international scrutiny and both sides use exactly the same Russian weapons, no benefit to Russia for doing it only scorn

The only person who admitted to firing a missile at the time, at what he thought was a cargo plane was not Russian, but one of your supposedly innocent generals in the Ukraine. This was quickly hushed up and never mentioned again in the press, preferring to blame it on Putin regardless.
Personally, I think anyone who takes over a country at the point of a gun is a terrorist guilty of treason, which makes the present government in the Ukraine a dictatorship of terrorists. In any other circumstances the entire West would have been up in arms about this, it's only because we do not agree with the legitimate governments politics that we have all taken a stance against Russia, whom in this case have done nothing wrong whatsoever.
The entire approach of all the Western Nations and the UN marks the biggest and most blatant act of hypocracy they have committed for some considerable time.

Who pressed the button is almost irrelevant. The reason it was pressed was because of Russia waging yet another war in Europe because of their power and control hunger and generally behave as always with a savage disregard for human life - be it their own or not.

etta191

Who pressed the button is almost irrelevant. The reason it was pressed … Who pressed the button is almost irrelevant. The reason it was pressed was because of Russia waging yet another war in Europe because of their power and control hunger and generally behave as always with a savage disregard for human life - be it their own or not.

if you think the neo nazis of the Ukraine are a better government then putin you are nuts

Not everyone in Russia is a Gangster, not everyone supports Putin. Some amazing science, engineering etc. going on in Russia, with very decent people. Please don't make broad brush statements that cause offence.

Error440

if you think the neo nazis of the Ukraine are a better government then … if you think the neo nazis of the Ukraine are a better government then putin you are nuts

Also we shouldn't doubt that whoever follows Putin will be worse, they have some history of truly evil leaders, Stalin - The death toll from famine in the Soviet Union at this time is estimated at between 5 and 10 million people
"the total Soviet grain crop was no worse than that of 1931 ... it was not a crop failure but the excessive demands of the state, ruthlessly enforced, that cost the lives of as many as five million Ukrainian peasants."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Marshall_Stalin.jpg/640px-Marshall_Stalin.jpg

Banned

Sigh, at the left wing conspiracy theorists. They will learn the hard way one day.

Some of the anti west feeling here is borderline treason.

It makes you wonder why they live here with all the hate.
Edited by: "Musician" 16th Dec 2014

Henvig

Not everyone in Russia is a Gangster, not everyone supports Putin. Some … Not everyone in Russia is a Gangster, not everyone supports Putin. Some amazing science, engineering etc. going on in Russia, with very decent people. Please don't make broad brush statements that cause offence.

I have every respect for the Russian intelligentsia, which unfortunately has noting to do with the rest of Russia and has been prosecuted throughout the ages, be it the Tsarist regime or the Communist or whatever the current administration parades as.
If not everyone supports 'Putkin' (which I don't doubt) why is he so popular especially when the election results are counted. The way a society is build up (including corruption, etc. ) comes from grass roots and it would be nice if at least once there is an acknowledgment of collective guilt for all the evil that Russia has brought upon itself and the rest of the world in the last century

Henvig

Not everyone in Russia is a Gangster, not everyone supports Putin. Some … Not everyone in Russia is a Gangster, not everyone supports Putin. Some amazing science, engineering etc. going on in Russia, with very decent people. Please don't make broad brush statements that cause offence.

I think most people have the sense to realise its not the people. Above all its not in the interest of the west to belittle Russia, we want to sell them Coca-Cola and all the other rubbish we class as modern living!!

Russian instability is a positive for London house prices.

The only person who admitted to firing a missile at the time, at what he … The only person who admitted to firing a missile at the time, at what he thought was a cargo plane was not Russian, but one of your supposedly innocent generals in the Ukraine. This was quickly hushed up and never mentioned again in the press, preferring to blame it on Putin regardless.Personally, I think anyone who takes over a country at the point of a gun is a terrorist guilty of treason, which makes the present government in the Ukraine a dictatorship of terrorists. In any other circumstances the entire West would have been up in arms about this, it's only because we do not agree with the legitimate governments politics that we have all taken a stance against Russia, whom in this case have done nothing wrong whatsoever.The entire approach of all the Western Nations and the UN marks the biggest and most blatant act of hypocracy they have committed for some considerable time.

And you could have added, if Obama et al are so convinced Russia or anti Kiev rebels shot down MH017, where's the evidence? Given the American presence for months before, there will have been extensive satellite coverage of the whole area, so it would have been impossible to launch a firework without it being traced/tracked. If MH017 was shot down by a missile, where are all the photographs of the smoke trail? Bit like the phantom convoys maybe, when various British journalists didn't have any cameras?
Some of the footage of the MH017 wreckage suggests that it may have been shot down by an, as yet, unidentified aircraft. What happened to Kiev's air traffic control records?
Loads of questions and few answers from those that continue to point fingers, while failing to release any evidence.
The idea of Russia as an aggressor while America and it's allies invade Iraq (*3) and Afghanistan and continue to build military bases around the world seems slightly ludicrous.

Original Poster

Error440

if I was going to predict who did it I'd say it was the Ukraine as they … if I was going to predict who did it I'd say it was the Ukraine as they are the ones to benefit from international scrutiny and both sides use exactly the same Russian weapons, no benefit to Russia for doing it only scorn

Fair point in truth.

The only person who admitted to firing a missile at the time, at what he … The only person who admitted to firing a missile at the time, at what he thought was a cargo plane was not Russian, but one of your supposedly innocent generals in the Ukraine. This was quickly hushed up and never mentioned again in the press, preferring to blame it on Putin regardless.Personally, I think anyone who takes over a country at the point of a gun is a terrorist guilty of treason, which makes the present government in the Ukraine a dictatorship of terrorists. In any other circumstances the entire West would have been up in arms about this, it's only because we do not agree with the legitimate governments politics that we have all taken a stance against Russia, whom in this case have done nothing wrong whatsoever.The entire approach of all the Western Nations and the UN marks the biggest and most blatant act of hypocracy they have committed for some considerable time.

And wasn't this so called "supposedly innocent generals in the Ukraine" a Russian supported or Pro-Russian general - who called his Russian counterparts explaining what had happened.

Oh wait best I not comment further as I'll be classed as racist even more

Ukrainian murderers, Kiev government serves US, EU, IMF but not Ukrainians

Banned

DeanoLfc5

Ukrainian murderers, Kiev government serves US, EU, IMF but not Ukrainians

You should stop eating paint chips.

toshapetriji

You should stop eating paint chips.

You should go back to Xfactor

Banned

DeanoLfc5

You should go back to Xfactor

I would have liked to insult you, but with your intelligence you wouldn't get offended.

toshapetriji

I would have liked to insult you, but with your intelligence you wouldn't … I would have liked to insult you, but with your intelligence you wouldn't get offended.

I'm still upset over paint chips.

It's strange how our media keeps telling us that every single (with no exception) non-allied nation seems to feed their people masses of propaganda, yet only the people on our side don't...... we are lucky, aren't we?

Banned

jaybear88

It's strange how our media keeps telling us that every single (with no … It's strange how our media keeps telling us that every single (with no exception) non-allied nation seems to feed their people masses of propaganda, yet only the people on our side don't...... we are lucky, aren't we?

We get good propaganda.

The other side get bad propaganda.

WheresMeNuts

took down a plane killing over 200 innocent people.

In 1988, the US shot down an Iranian Airliner (flight 665) killing 290 people and the US president at the time said:

"I will never apologize for the United States — I don't care what the facts are... I'm not an apologize-for-America kind of guy." - George Bush, Aug 2 1988 - pathetic excuse yet they were quick to judge and put sanctions on Russia at the time of MH17.

dailykos.com/sto…ead

http://i7.dainikbhaskar.com/thumbnail/300x259/web2images/www.dailybhaskar.com/2014/07/24/1498_romiya-plane.jpg

Edited by: "superspeedy" 16th Dec 2014

Is it just me but did this incident in Pakistan get less coverage on BBC News then the hostage situation in Sydney yesterday?
I only watched the news this morning but it was mentioned then onto other things. Yesterday seemed to be non stop.

Standi

Is it just me but did this incident in Pakistan get less coverage on BBC … Is it just me but did this incident in Pakistan get less coverage on BBC News then the hostage situation in Sydney yesterday? I only watched the news this morning but it was mentioned then onto other things. Yesterday seemed to be non stop.

It's because of the expectations of other countries; We often see Pakistan as corrupt and violent, yet Australia is supposedly 'like us' and we can relate (fear) more easily with them.

jaybear88

It's because of the expectations of other countries; We often see … It's because of the expectations of other countries; We often see Pakistan as corrupt and violent, yet Australia is supposedly 'like us' and we can relate (fear) more easily with them.

I am tired put this in the wrong thread. Long day at work.

As for Russia having financial problems there whole economy seems to be based on Oil so this might be a good thing for them in the long run if they use it as a wake up call. Oil wont last forever. I would put the middle east in this as well

Standi

Is it just me but did this incident in Pakistan get less coverage on BBC … Is it just me but did this incident in Pakistan get less coverage on BBC News then the hostage situation in Sydney yesterday? I only watched the news this morning but it was mentioned then onto other things. Yesterday seemed to be non stop.

Its been on non-stop both days.

Banned

aaaaaand a flamedeer.

davewave

Its been on non-stop both days.

As i said I watched it this morning and seemed to be like this, Militants attack at school in Pakistan and kill 100 people with 80 children, in other news inflation in the Uk down to 1% etc

Yesterday seemed to be non stop sydney with other news sidelined.

Banned

Standi

As i said I watched it this morning and seemed to be like this, Militants … As i said I watched it this morning and seemed to be like this, Militants attack at school in Pakistan and kill 100 people with 80 children, in other news inflation in the Uk down to 1% etcYesterday seemed to be non stop sydney with other news sidelined.

What was your point anyway?

Standi

I am tired put this in the wrong thread. Long day at work.As for Russia … I am tired put this in the wrong thread. Long day at work.As for Russia having financial problems there whole economy seems to be based on Oil so this might be a good thing for them in the long run if they use it as a wake up call. Oil wont last forever. I would put the middle east in this as well

I've always said, I don't care if global warming wasn't true (it is), I'd still back building renewables - no more dependency on oil means no more pandering to/manipulating the Middle East/Russia.

If we donned our tinfoil hats, the whole oil crash thing could be seen in a different light; why are we being fed so many anti-Russian stories lately? Why did we *ahem* help ISIS get established? Why did we make such a fuss out of Ukraine with so little of the story? etc etc

Why do you dislike Russians so much WheresMeNuts?

toshapetriji

We get good propaganda.The other side get bad propaganda.

Press Freedom Index Russia 148th out of 180 Press Freedom Index

We get free speech, you can post whatever you want (unless waging war, inciting terrorism), whereas a variety of unusual things happen in Russia

RT has been called a propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy, by news reporters, former Russian officials, and former RT reporters.It has also been accused of spreading disinformation.The United Kingdom media regulator Ofcom has threatened RT with sanctions because of repeated violations of its rules on impartiality. The network states that RT offers a Russian perspective on global events.

Since the escalation in Ukraine in early spring, news websites have been under the close scrutiny of Roskomnadzor, especially those of independent media outlets and blogs of key opposition leaders. Several have been blocked since the beginning of the year, including the official website of Alexei Navalny, who finished second in the recent mayoral elections in Moscow, running on a political platform of the liberalisation of politics and fighting corruption. The website of opposition leader and former World Chess Champion, Gary Kasparov, was also censored.

The Kremlin has also taken to pressuring foreign social media networks. Roskomnadzor officials held several meetings with Twitter representatives and demanded the blocking of a dozen accounts they deem "extremist". However, Twitter refused to comply so far and only blocked one of those accounts held by Ukrainian nationalist group Pravyi Sektor.

Leading media figures have been sidelined or forced to leave. In April, Pavel Durov, the founder of the first Russian social media network Vkontate, dubbed by some as the "Russian Mark Zuckerberg", left the country after being ousted from the reins of his own company by telecommunication mogul and Putin supporter Alisher Usmanov. "Unfortunately, the country is incompatible with internet business at the moment (…) I'm afraid there is no going back (for me), not after I publicly refused to cooperate with the authorities," Durov said.

coloradorockies

Why do you dislike Russians so much WheresMeNuts?

I've just worked it out X)

Musician

Sigh, at the left wing conspiracy theorists. They will learn the hard way … Sigh, at the left wing conspiracy theorists. They will learn the hard way one day.Some of the anti west feeling here is borderline treason.It makes you wonder why they live here with all the hate.

The irony of this comment.

Let's be obedient and not question anything our government does, because anyone who does must be an enemy of the state!

This isn't communist Russia you know
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244916
    2. Add one, leave one game54415442
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226645

See more discussions