Russian Standard vodka percentage change!

Found 29th Nov 2017
I love Russian Standard vodka. It's 40% and never gives me a hangover! Thought I'd go to sainsburys to get a deal on their 1L Russian Standard, however the 1L bottles have now dropped to 38%, so the reduced price might seem good but it's less alcohol and more water that you're buying so it's going to be cheaper! The 70cl bottles still state 40% for now... They should put a new label on it to highlight this otherwise you think you're buying a different strength/quality product to what you are paying for..
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
"They should put a new label on it to highlight this"

You mean like the one you read to see that it was 38% and not 40%?
8 Comments
alright becs
"They should put a new label on it to highlight this"

You mean like the one you read to see that it was 38% and not 40%?
If you’re going to use a mixer with it, just put less mixer in the glass
“Outraged of Skid Row”
Move up to the Platinum one?
It's like the 'toblerone effect': Less chocolate, more air in the box!
The Russian Standard effect: Less vodka, more water in the bottle!
Big brand, sneaking in changes 'under the carpet'. Warning! Double check what you're buying! Lucky\unlucky dip! Some places sell the 40%, some 38%..
That's not good! It's my go to vodka so I'm a little peeved they're messing with it. Just checked Sainsbury's website and both the 70cl and 1 litre are showing as 38%. Asda's website is still showing it as 40% so I'm thinking it's time to stock up.
Oh dear all them lovely folk hanging in the town center church yard are gonna be so upset with this tragic news!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions