Expired

Ryan air

Found 28th Mar
so i booked two seats together on way there, but i only booked well reserved my seat on way back, as my thinking

i booked the window seat, someone else has already booked the isle seat,so the middle seat is free, which is the one i want.

will Ryan air auto put the person in the middle chair without me having to pay out 7 euros..
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
jonmarz8929 m ago

flyed out

So....oh dear, da youth of 2daze wid they're spellinz hand grandma.
20 Comments
can some one translate this for me ?
iirc there was a lot of articles not too long ago floating around about Ryan air purposely splitting up group bookings in order to encourage people to book seats.
No idea if it turned out to be true or not.
Roughly translated - if you want the middle seat... it will be 7 euros to reserve... Thank you.
No they will not automatically allocate the middle seat to the other person on your booking. That seat will be available to anyone else to book.
Your best bet is to pay the €7 and book the middle seat.
Booked 4 tickets and did not pay to reserve the seat. All 4 of us were allocated seats all over the plane, no one sat together. If you want to sit together best pay the supplement and look happy
My advice is to not book it, but it depends how essential you think it is to sit together. If i remember rightly when you check in they will automatically allocate a seat, last year when I flew with them a few times they did split everyone up and gave all middle seats so the chances are your companion will get a middle seat, it probably won't be the one you need but you never know, if not I think i still gives you the option of booking a specific seat at this point so the one next to you may still be available, if not then you tend to find that people are moving all over the place trying to sit together once they get on the plane.
Original Poster
Skaman19 m ago

My advice is to not book it, but it depends how essential you think it is …My advice is to not book it, but it depends how essential you think it is to sit together. If i remember rightly when you check in they will automatically allocate a seat, last year when I flew with them a few times they did split everyone up and gave all middle seats so the chances are your companion will get a middle seat, it probably won't be the one you need but you never know, if not I think i still gives you the option of booking a specific seat at this point so the one next to you may still be available, if not then you tend to find that people are moving all over the place trying to sit together once they get on the plane.

yea my mate flyed out today and said it was late with people swapping seat's, i think there need to rethink it, look's like i have to play it Safe and pay out the 7 euro.
They want to force you into paying though and the more people that pay the less chance there is of them reversing this decision, in my opinion if no-one paid and every flight was late because of everyone moving about then they would soon change back. It was a conscious decision that they took last year to change the booking algorithm to book those that don;t pay into separate middle seats to force people into paying to sit together, they could easily change back if they wanted to the old way that automatically put bookings together when you check in online.
Edited by: "Skaman" 28th Mar
jonmarz8929 m ago

flyed out

Although I truly want to believe that Ryanair are purposely splitting parties up and allocating the middle seats to those not paying to book a seat, in my experience (flying return to Spain every 4-6 weeks) there seems no obvious pattern to the randomly allocated seats. When 2 of us fly together we can be randomly allocated a midddle and aisle next to each other, 2 aisle seats in same row, 2 middle seats behind each other or 1 middle and 1 window seat 6 rows apart. When I fly on my own I usually get a randomly allocated aisle seat.
If I did pay for a seat, as a matter of principle I would not move to accommodate those who want to sit together but decided not pay for the privilege
Original Poster
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 35 m ago

it's inaccurate, too many dots, 2daze, should be 2dai and grandma, lol, but thanks for youth comment, makes me feel young
Original Poster
Toptrumpet1 h, 13 m ago

Although I truly want to believe that Ryanair are purposely splitting …Although I truly want to believe that Ryanair are purposely splitting parties up and allocating the middle seats to those not paying to book a seat, in my experience (flying return to Spain every 4-6 weeks) there seems no obvious pattern to the randomly allocated seats. When 2 of us fly together we can be randomly allocated a midddle and aisle next to each other, 2 aisle seats in same row, 2 middle seats behind each other or 1 middle and 1 window seat 6 rows apart. When I fly on my own I usually get a randomly allocated aisle seat.If I did pay for a seat, as a matter of principle I would not move to accommodate those who want to sit together but decided not pay for the privilege

i think i gotta pay cause if we don't sit together, i be in trouble , i gonna call it peace tax cost
Look at it this way, €7 is cheaper than their meal inflight meal deal. What would you rather have? A sandwich and hot drink, or brownie points for guaranteeing you sit together.
Original Poster
Toptrumpet41 m ago

Look at it this way, €7 is cheaper than their meal inflight meal deal. W …Look at it this way, €7 is cheaper than their meal inflight meal deal. What would you rather have? A sandwich and hot drink, or brownie points for guaranteeing you sit together.

indeed and then least i can get boarding pass now and not worry about it, the flight is only 3 hours so I do enjoy a nice can on there😁😁
Flyed is my new favourite word
Original Poster
jonmarz891 m ago

indeed and then least i can get boarding pass now and not worry about it, …indeed and then least i can get boarding pass now and not worry about it, the flight is only 3 hours so I do enjoy a nice can on there😁😁

i just wish it was about 5 euros,there already had a sale on after I got the flights so could of saved 40 quid on two flights but still cheaper than train
jonmarz891 h, 13 m ago

i just wish it was about 5 euros,there already had a sale on after I got …i just wish it was about 5 euros,there already had a sale on after I got the flights so could of saved 40 quid on two flights but still cheaper than train

I do then you wouldn't have posted this question
toulousenessie4 h, 32 m ago

Booked 4 tickets and did not pay to reserve the seat. All 4 of us were …Booked 4 tickets and did not pay to reserve the seat. All 4 of us were allocated seats all over the plane, no one sat together. If you want to sit together best pay the supplement and look happy

if a business charge for seat booking, they would make sure that if you did not pay for the reserved seat, you don't get to sit together, otherwise no one would pay to reserve the seats. it just makes business sense to do this, and ryan air being a budget airline will do everything possible to increase revenue.

therefore i am not surprised at all that this happened.
Original Poster
snoopy1850 m ago

I do then you wouldn't have posted this question

tbf 2.50 was the bitting point
howarth328th Mar

Flyed is my new favourite word

Maybe the Op is dyslexic... but never mind eh?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants