Ryan Air generally cheaper more advanced you book?

Found 9th Jan
Just wondering if I book a holiday for October now I am paying over the odds for flight or if they generally go up the longer I wait with Ryan Air?
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
11 Comments
Yes they are cheapest the day that the new schedule is first released then go up in price as the plane fills up. Unless they have a flash sale but no way of knowing if this will apply to the flights you want or when.
As above, find the flash sales are usually to the less popular destinations. Destinations to ‘Holiday’ airports such as Alicante are never in the sale. We’re looking now to book for around sat 20/10-27/10 but are waiting for EasyJet to release their seats as well to get a price comparison
Hi , an interesting question . I'm afraid I haven't yet found the answer to . Been trying to work out holiday/ flight prices for years - it used to be simple - prices started high then went down towards the actual date . Best prices were on the actual day (if there were any seats left !

The algorithms they use now make it impossible to predict and it appears they are happy to fly with half empty planes rather than sell seats off cheaply in the last weeks as they used to . I'm sure the airlines are trying to get us to book earlier or that they make their money from "Extras" so the base price isn't so important these days

Anyway - my current method is to follow the prices for a month or two and buy when a good price (in my opinion ) shows . It may be an offer or just a lower price . Certainly over the last few years it has not (in general) been a good idea to wait till the last month as prices have tended to rise over the final few weeks .

By no means a scientific survey , just my observations on following flight prices for 3 or 4 destinations , 3 or 4 times a year
over periods of 3 - 4 months and I only use Ryanair as a comparison to other carriers as I would never fly with them .
what are the best flight/cost comparison sites/apps? please.

ideally what I would want is a app where I can put destinations down and a price and if it goes to that price or below, then it notifies me.
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 9th Jan
Original Poster
Toptrumpet20 m ago

As above, find the flash sales are usually to the less popular …As above, find the flash sales are usually to the less popular destinations. Destinations to ‘Holiday’ airports such as Alicante are never in the sale. We’re looking now to book for around sat 20/10-27/10 but are waiting for EasyJet to release their seats as well to get a price comparison

When do the easyjet ones go on sale? I am looking to book for tenerife adeje but flights are around £130 cheapest at the min with rubbish times
According to EasyJet flights from 28 October 18 go on sale in March
if you want to know when EasyJet sales actually are then they just do random flash sales usually lasting 48 hours. probably best to sign up to their Facebook for upto date offers.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Jan
Original Poster
Toptrumpet9 m ago

According to EasyJet flights from 28 October 18 go on sale in Marc.if you …According to EasyJet flights from 28 October 18 go on sale in Marc.if you want to know when EasyJet sales actually are then they just do random flash sales usually lasting 48 hours. probably best to sign up to their Facebook for upto date offers.

Thanks very much have Ryan Air already had their sale for these dates
Original Poster
EN1GMA53 m ago

what are the best flight/cost comparison sites/apps? please.ideally what I …what are the best flight/cost comparison sites/apps? please.ideally what I would want is a app where I can put destinations down and a price and if it goes to that price or below, then it notifies me.

Skyscanner will do all of this
Original Poster
bluep1 h, 28 m ago

Yes they are cheapest the day that the new schedule is first released then …Yes they are cheapest the day that the new schedule is first released then go up in price as the plane fills up. Unless they have a flash sale but no way of knowing if this will apply to the flights you want or when.

Anyway of knowing when schedules are released?
If you’re just looking at Ryanair and easyJet then bookmark my above link for EasyJet. Which generally tells you when seats will be released and then it’s a case of you checking daily or waiting for a countdown notification on their Facebook or Twitter account.
Ryanair don’t publish their seat release dates but generally will be earlier than EasyJet.
Why does Ryanair make this so difficult? The cynical answer is that it wants you to sign up for its email newsletters. If you go to the bottom of the homepage and click on “Register for Offers”, you will go to the signup page where the benefits are listed, starting with “Be the first to know when seat sales are released”.

The downside with signing up for the newsletter is that you may be bombarded with emails trying to sell you travel insurance, hotels, car hire and so on.
Just looked at Ryanair flights from Stansted to Alicante for October half term. Currently £216 return for one adult.
Booked last year beginning of July for same week in October and paid £117 return for one adult.
Booked for February ‘18 half term for £126 return for one adult.
Booked for Summer ‘18 school holidays and paid £198 return for one adult.
In view of the above the October Half term prices do seem high and I’m going to keep checking prices weekly but willing to wait until July to see if they come down to roughly last years prices.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants