Expired

Ryanair booking typo!!!!!! help !!!

Found 31st Mar 2012
hiya all ,
we have just booked flights with ryanair and got the confirmation email and my name has been spelt wrong (typo), probably our fault for not checking but cant get through to them till 11 am tomorrow to sort it.

will we have to pay to change name ?
Community Updates
MiscRyanairBook
42 Comments
yes.......

Have you thought about stitching their charges up using deed poll?
Well I remember having to do a name change which cost £60.

How bad is the mistake?
Ryanair...they will defo charge you to change it....they are scumbags
one letter , norfoilk instead of norfolk
I did exactly the same and they made me pay!!! I tried every excuse but it got me nowhere :-(
guv

yes.......Have you thought about stitching their charges up using deed … yes.......Have you thought about stitching their charges up using deed poll?

Probably the cheaper option

FLIGHT AND NAME CHANGESFlight dates, times and routes are changeable … FLIGHT AND NAME CHANGESFlight dates, times and routes are changeable (subject to seat availability).Such flight changes can be made up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time either online (unless you have already checked in online*)or via a reservation centre (subject to opening hours). Internet/web only fares cannot be booked when flight changes are made through an airport or reservation centre. Bookings that include a Spanish resident discount or Spanish large family discount cannot be changed online, please contact a Ryanair reservation centre during opening hours.If booked online the flight change rate of £50/€50 per one way flight/per person applies or if booked at an airport or reservation centre the rate of £75/€75 per one way flight /per person applies. In addition to these flight change fees, any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available at the time of the flight change is charged. Please note that if the fare on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.A passenger name can be changed online at the rate of £110/€110 or via the airport or reservation centre at the rate of £160/€160. Name changes can be made up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time either online (unless you have already checked in online*)or via a reservation centre (subject to opening hours). Any name change made to a flight reservation must be for that individual passenger's complete flight itinerary.If you do not wish all passengers in your booking to be changed, or if domestic flights are being changed to international flights, you must contact our local reservations centre (during opening hours).German ELV payments can only be accepted up to 10 days prior to the flight departure.*Passengers who have checked in online but now wish to change a flight date, route or passenger name must contact a reservation centre up to the day prior to flight departure(subject to opening hours) to have the required flight(s) unchecked,subject to the payment of an uncheck fee of €15/£15 per flight/per person. Once the flight(s) have been unchecked the reservation can be changed via Manage My Booking .Name changes are not possible if any flight sector in the booking has been flown. This service is not available at the airport.

Wow. If it's a minor mistake, perhaps they can rectify it, since you're not changing the individual flying, but just correcting an error?
melgou

I did exactly the same and they made me pay!!! I tried every excuse but … I did exactly the same and they made me pay!!! I tried every excuse but it got me nowhere :-(

£60??????????? Balls
i would probably take me chances, how much was the flight? worth rebooking?
sassie

i would probably take me chances, how much was the flight? worth … i would probably take me chances, how much was the flight? worth rebooking?

The Ryanair secret service at the airport will probably get them though!
Predikuesi

The Ryanair secret service at the airport will probably get them though!

when i flew with them, dont think they even bothered looking at passport let alone checking them oO
35 quid each thats all!
im thinking about just leaving it?
glam-R

35 quid each thats all!

if it is just for the two, it will be cheaper to rebook, think its about £100 odd for a name change
im so bloody gutted its untrue
just leave it.. it is a stupid mistake that they shouldn't care about and even if they notice who can be arsed to challenge it..
does it even impact the booking as it is not the name which has been submitted incorrectly
i am not sure what i would do, if you draw their attention to it by trying it then they will look out at the airport, so either go for it and take ya chances or phone them and rebook if they wont budge, only two options really
sunilm

does it even impact the booking as it is not the name which has been … does it even impact the booking as it is not the name which has been submitted incorrectly

it is their name
leave it, just say it was the font. see here >> I l <<<.... that was an i and an L

i.e. chance it, don't mention it

Edited by: "lumoruk" 31st Mar 2012
sunilm

does it even impact the booking as it is not the name which has been … does it even impact the booking as it is not the name which has been submitted incorrectly

The OP wrote that it was the name. Norfolk is a name as well as a place
do let us know how you get on OP.
try 2 call them 1st thing in the morning....i think that u have 24 hours b4 they charge u...i made a mistake with easyjets, and rang them the nxt day and they didn't charge me anything... gd luck.
yes its my name x
ill let u know how we get on in the morning
monica1973

try 2 call them 1st thing in the morning....i think that u have 24 hours … try 2 call them 1st thing in the morning....i think that u have 24 hours b4 they charge u...i made a mistake with easyjets, and rang them the nxt day and they didn't charge me anything... gd luck.

something a little positive! fingers crossed x
happened me about a month ago, party of 10 all but one had the same surname.... messed up by giving the final person the same surname!!!

anyway, rang them first thing in the morning, charged me 10 euro, was happy to pay it instead of 100!
Just say the name is wrong on your passport
eire og

happened me about a month ago, party of 10 all but one had the same … happened me about a month ago, party of 10 all but one had the same surname.... messed up by giving the final person the same surname!!!anyway, rang them first thing in the morning, charged me 10 euro, was happy to pay it instead of 100!

sort of sounding like it depends on who takes your call then!? best get my polite voice out for it

i need it to be 11 am like now !
I did similar before with easyjet,I noticed as soon as I had booked it and tried to ring them,I was thinking they might want to charge me for a change but I was intending to argue it wasn't a change of name it was a typo,

as usual with easyjet they wouldn't answer the phone,so when I calmed down and thought about it I decided to leave it and see what happened,

the flight was for the following day,said nothing at check in and whether they noticed or not I don't know but they didn't even mention it,

the way I see it,a spelling mistake is just that and not an actual name change

if they spot it at check in, deny that you knew anything about it and insist it was there fault
Air Travel Forum

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I rang Ryanair on the 0871 number which is only 10p per min (thought they only had a premium rate inquiry number).

They were very accommodating and said a minor spelling mistake can be rectified over the phone free of charge.

So all is well.

Thanks so much for your words of advice.

Edited by: "zermattbusby" 31st Mar 2012
zermattbusby

Air Travel ForumHi all,Just to let you know, I rang Ryanair on the 0871 … Air Travel ForumHi all,Just to let you know, I rang Ryanair on the 0871 number which is only 10p per min (thought they only had a premium rate inquiry number).They were very accommodating and said a minor spelling mistake can be rectified over the phone free of charge.So all is well.Thanks so much for your words of advice.

There may be hope! Let us know how you go on.
tripadvisor.co.uk/Sho…tml
Hi again ,

just phoned ryanair and they have changed the spelling mistake with absolutley no fuss whatsoever, no charge, no quibble, nothing! i am so so happy ,xxx

thank you all for your replies and help, much appreciated xxx jo
glam-R

Hi again ,just phoned ryanair and they have changed the spelling mistake … Hi again ,just phoned ryanair and they have changed the spelling mistake with absolutley no fuss whatsoever, no charge, no quibble, nothing! i am so so happy ,xxxthank you all for your replies and help, much appreciated xxx jo

thats brilliant, glad you got it sorted, would have played on your mind just turning up in the hope it wasnt noticed, now you can relax again, hope you enjoy your holiday
Ryanair did this for free!!!!

I can't believe this. Norfolk-ing way!!!!!!
modoc

Ryanair did this for free!!!!I can't believe this. Norfolk-ing way!!!!!!

hahaha yep sure did! X)
glam-R

Hi again ,just phoned ryanair and they have changed the spelling mistake … Hi again ,just phoned ryanair and they have changed the spelling mistake with absolutley no fuss whatsoever, no charge, no quibble, nothing! i am so so happy ,xxxthank you all for your replies and help, much appreciated xxx jo

Brilliant. Enjoy your trip.
modoc

Ryanair did this for free!!!!I can't believe this. Norfolk-ing way!!!!!!

Most of the Ryanair " knockers " have probably never used their service.

I use them frequently, never have any problem, very punctual and reliable.
Just a heads up to anyone flying back from Murcia with Ryanair. Just as you go by passport control you now have to weigh your hand luggage & if it is over 10kg get your credit card ready for the extra weight. They are also coming down hard on the width of all hand luggage.
AAAARRGH, I managed to mistype my Mums surname last night on our Ryaniar bookings (we share the SAME surname!!) I really hope Ryanair will change it free of charge - it was minor -should have been Bridges but I put Bridjes cos she was banging on about her middle name which starts with a J as I typed it!!! I'll ring the 10p a min line as soon as it turns 9AM, I didnt sleep last night...the horrific prospect of having to pay £110 to alter this online was more than I could bear.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants