RyanAir cabin bag rule

Found 12th Jul
Are RyanAir definitely putting everybodys larger cabin-sized bag in the hold unless they've paid extra? or only once they've let through a certain number?

Also, are they still doing that stupid thing of splitting group members up (but pretending it's random) so you have to pay extra to sit together? Or is there a chance a family will still get seats next to each other?
Community Updates
Top comments
If you want to sit together just pay for seat reservation, otherwise everyone else does and your left with whatever is left, during the summer planes tend to be full so you will be one of only a few people that don’t pay and will get very random seats all over the aircraft. With a family you will want to be sat together and the plane journey is an important start and end to the holiday, don’t be so tight!! Your kids will always remember your holidays and that is part of the memory too!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 13th Jul
12 Comments
Ryanair usually will let a certain number through before they start forcing people to put hand luggage in the hold.

If you don't pay for a seat you'll more than likely be sat in a middle row, separate from your group but usually close by. Dunno about family but I'd imagine they'd accommodate for parents with kids
flyingflea21 m ago

Ryanair usually will let a certain number through before they start …Ryanair usually will let a certain number through before they start forcing people to put hand luggage in the hold.If you don't pay for a seat you'll more than likely be sat in a middle row, separate from your group but usually close by. Dunno about family but I'd imagine they'd accommodate for parents with kids

Parents with kids are forced to buy priority tickets so they are not split up. I have found that if you have more than one person in a booking and you try and check in at the same time then it is totally random starting with middle seats.
Edited by: "sydney871" 12th Jul
You can take one smaller bag that fits under the seat in the cabin.
And the bigger cabin sized cases will go in hold.

If you pay for Priority and 2 bags, which it's now called. You can take both on the plane with you.
Used them earlier today. If you haven't paid extra for priority they will fix a yellow label on the larger 10kg bag at the gate. You'll have to put it on the luggage truck just before you board the plane.
flyingflea1 h, 9 m ago

Ryanair usually will let a certain number through before they start …Ryanair usually will let a certain number through before they start forcing people to put hand luggage in the hold.If you don't pay for a seat you'll more than likely be sat in a middle row, separate from your group but usually close by. Dunno about family but I'd imagine they'd accommodate for parents with kids

Ryanair used to let a certain number through before taking hand luggage off people into the hold, now the only people who can take a hand luggage size case on board are the people who pay for priority boarding as radium said they now tag it and take it off you on the tarmac and allow you to take on a small bag for under your seat.

As for the seats unless you pay to pick your seat you will be allocated one at random.

Also dont forget you can only check in 48 hours before your flight unless you pay for your seats
Edited by: "ding" 12th Jul
I do my utmost to avoid this awful awful airline.
Unfortunately I'm forced to travel with them soon due to lack of alternative carriers on my chosen dates.

I wonder if there are people who actually prefer to use this airline if prices were equal?
EasyJet all the way
If you want to sit together just pay for seat reservation, otherwise everyone else does and your left with whatever is left, during the summer planes tend to be full so you will be one of only a few people that don’t pay and will get very random seats all over the aircraft. With a family you will want to be sat together and the plane journey is an important start and end to the holiday, don’t be so tight!! Your kids will always remember your holidays and that is part of the memory too!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 13th Jul
i am.waitinf for flights to go down for end of sept, went down to like half price last month but lost my card few days when I get my card straight right back 🤭🤭
Are they definitely still splitting groups up if you don't pay to prebook your seats?
Uranus11 m ago

Are they definitely still splitting groups up if you don't pay to prebook …Are they definitely still splitting groups up if you don't pay to prebook your seats?

Yes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants