Ryanair call for alcohol limits for passengers

Found 14th Aug 2017
Yep, Ryanair woudld like to see a ban on buying alcohol before 10am as well as a two drink limit before boarding. This comes after a sharp rise in the number of passengers being arrested for drunken behaviour. Apparently the increase is as much as 50% in the last 12 months.

The system would mean that bars would need to ask to see boarding passes before allowing the sale to go ahead.

"Ryanair’s marketing director, Kenny Jacobs, said: “It’s completely unfair that airports can profit from the unlimited sale of alcohol to passengers and leave the airlines to deal with the safety consequence"

News Source

Does this bother anyone?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
good if they can pull it off, why should we all have our flights spoiled by drunks.
They'd be better off introducing a minimum IQ limit for passengers.
19 Comments
good if they can pull it off, why should we all have our flights spoiled by drunks.
Hopefully no one will think of buying a bottle from duty free and drinking it in the toilets as a top up.
What about the pilots?
They'd be better off introducing a minimum IQ limit for passengers.
slightly misleading title - Ryanair have urged airports to introduce a 2 drink limit. no plans for introduction at this point as it requires buy off from all airports they operate from.
As a further comment - do the pond life really believe behaviour that may be marginally acceptable on a rugby supporters coach is in anyway acceptable ,clever or safe on that tube of aluminium at 35000 feet ?
Thought it's always been against the law to board a flight drunk anyhow? If Ryanair want to stop anyone boarding because they are too drunk then they can.
Error4408 m ago

3\4 pints makes you a hazard, my aunt once fell down the stairs at an …3\4 pints makes you a hazard, my aunt once fell down the stairs at an airport taking a few people with her. Give your liver a break and take a boat or train if your that chicken you need to tank up.

Not tanking up , We always get to the airport 2hours + before the flight (you never know about road delays etc) . So its more of a chill down than a tank up ! No rushing ,no tanking up , just chilling before flying (which is a bit stressful for me ) .
A ll the alcoholic passengers will have the shakes on arrival if they dont get their medicine onboard ..?....
airfix3 m ago

3 or 4 pints of lager in me seems to produce 6 to 8 pints water, lol, I'm …3 or 4 pints of lager in me seems to produce 6 to 8 pints water, lol, I'm more sht scared of not having a toilet handy I normally have a beer then onto the red wine before take off

If I remember correctly - Michael OLeary, a year or so back , suggested Ryanair may introduce a £1 fee to use the toilets ! That could only end in tears - or worse !
Edited by: "rogparki" 14th Aug 2017
Maybe people get drunk so they are insensible to all the inflight commercials. I don't drink alcohol, but I can see the need to on a Ryanair flight.
PTibbets1 h, 50 m ago

The pilot has a right to chuck anyone off for any reason

themachman1 h, 47 m agoThought it's always been against the law to board a flight drunk anyhow? If Ryanair want to stop anyone boarding because they are too drunk then they can.

^^this^^

In simple terms

The flight crew already have powers to "evict" any drunk/unruly passengers - they just don't want the negativity from social media and instead want others to take responsibility.

If they cannot distinguish who is already drunk trying to board their flight then they have a problem.

And all the airlines have to state is no alcohol/fluids (except baby milk) to be carried on as cabin luggage
And no alcohol to be served on specific flights

But as I said - they don't want the negative social media backlash
rogparki3 h, 14 m ago

Not tanking up , We always get to the airport 2hours + before the flight …Not tanking up , We always get to the airport 2hours + before the flight (you never know about road delays etc) . So its more of a chill down than a tank up ! No rushing ,no tanking up , just chilling before flying (which is a bit stressful for me ) .

4 pints aint chilling its over half your weekly units according to NHS guidelines
philphil619 h, 8 m ago

themachman1 h, 47 m agoThought it's always been against the law to board a …themachman1 h, 47 m agoThought it's always been against the law to board a flight drunk anyhow? If Ryanair want to stop anyone boarding because they are too drunk then they can.^^this^^In simple termsThe flight crew already have powers to "evict" any drunk/unruly passengers - they just don't want the negativity from social media and instead want others to take responsibility.If they cannot distinguish who is already drunk trying to board their flight then they have a problem.And all the airlines have to state is no alcohol/fluids (except baby milk) to be carried on as cabin luggageAnd no alcohol to be served on specific flightsBut as I said - they don't want the negative social media backlash

Considering nearly all Ryanair flights are within the EU, then people shouldn't have any carry on alcohol anyway.
they should ban all alcohol on flights as there is no reason why alcohol should even be served on flights.
"Ryanair woudld like to see a ban on buying alcohol before 10am as well as a two drink limit before boarding"

...so they can sell it even more expensively on the flight
What Ryanair (& probably all airlines) would really like is to close ALL airport alcohol sales so passengers can only get p....d on the overpriced booze sold on board.
They need to start weeding out the drunks before they let them on the plane !
One flight we caught a guy obviously drunk fell into the baggage area and they still let him onto the flight.
Quote from Ryanair's current in flight brochure - "Drinks and alcohol. Celebrate and get that Friday feeling"

They sell wine, beer, cider, brandy and spirits (which they only sell in doubles!)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions