Found 20th Jan 2011
im planning on flying to Berlin in April and ryanair flights are relatively cheap compared to the rest but in all honesty i've never booked my own flights before and ryanair are offering all sorts of stuff and charges i.e travel insurance, bags etc but i was just wondering which if any you reckon i will possibly need and if i do need them where i could possibly get them cheaper i.e travel insurance.

1. Misc
  2. Ryanair
16 Comments

The only thing you can get elsewhere is the travel insurance.
Everything else (bags, priority boarding etc) you have no choice but to get from RyanAir if you want them.

If you can get by with just hand-luggage you will save a fair bit.

Original Poster

thanks for that but i was watching the news earlier this yeah and passengers were wearing the clothes that they were gonna wear on their hols already on themselves to save money. and its £30 for a bag !! almost the same amount as the flights. don't really need priority boarding either

direct travel have been pretty good to us for travel insurance and usally very good prices.

Original Poster

how much is hand luggage ? sorry if i appear dim but as i've said not booked flights before

handluggage is free, usually 1 bag per person and has to fit in that little basket of theirs.

kylewalker

how much is hand luggage ? sorry if i appear dim but as i've said not … how much is hand luggage ? sorry if i appear dim but as i've said not booked flights before

Hand luggage is free, but there's a weight limit to that, and also the size of the bag is limited (you'd have to check the website for the actual figures).

Also Ryanair charge for paying for the flight unless you use a certain type of card (pre-paid mastercard I think it is). That might be worth looking into...

kylewalker

how much is hand luggage ? sorry if i appear dim but as i've said not … how much is hand luggage ? sorry if i appear dim but as i've said not booked flights before

free look at the ryanair site-upto 10kilo i think but size is important!

they charge now for almost all payment types..disgusting imo..easyjet charged a flat £5 for all 10 tickets but i think ryanair charge per ticket..
Edited by: "plumberman01" 20th Jan 2011

Original Poster

also where do you put your middle name as it says the name must match the name on the passport

it has two boxes first name and last name im guessing middle and last in the last name box but don't want to mess it up

Hand luggage 10kg MAX.
There are also dimensions to be adheared to aswell off the top of my head its something like 55x45x20 cm.
1 bag per person that isnt one bag and a handbag, ONE bag.
Make sure you TRIPLE check all the details you put in, if anything is wrong it will cost you £40 to change it.

Dont put your middle name in.
Edited by: "Jetpac" 20th Jan 2011

kylewalker

Cabin (Hand) luggage is free upto 10KG. Read the attached link for all info.

ryanair.com/en/…nce

Original Poster

about the size issue (of hand luggage). i've got a normal school bag. surely that should be fine, right?

kylewalker

about the size issue (of hand luggage). i've got a normal school bag. … about the size issue (of hand luggage). i've got a normal school bag. surely that should be fine, right?

Check the dimensions allowed on the website and compare the dimensions of your own bag....

Original Poster

thanks to all of you for your input. hopefully all should go well. hopefully

You might also want to check the EXACT locations of the airports. Ryanair are notorious for saying that they'll fly you to a city when the airport is anything up to an hour away!

kylewalker

also where do you put your middle name as it says the name must match the … also where do you put your middle name as it says the name must match the name on the passportit has two boxes first name and last name im guessing middle and last in the last name box but don't want to mess it up

Just put your first name and your surname, don't worry about middle name/s.

Remember to print ryanair boarding cards before you go for outbound and return journey or be charged a stupid ammount at the check in desk.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions