Ryanair new cabin baggage policy wtaf

Found 10th Jan
Thanks Ryanair

new bag policy is ridiculous
Community Updates
AskTravel
Top comments
It’s miles better, no more silly sized bags filling up the overhead and you can take a small bag with you
24 Comments
It’s miles better, no more silly sized bags filling up the overhead and you can take a small bag with you
What is their bag policy?
Used them last year and was allowed to take only 1 tiny cabin bag
I don't think anything has actually changed except they now insist on putting your cabin bag in the hold when you get to the gate unless you've paid for priority (or whatever it's called), all sizes and weights etc. are the same.
New policy is excellent
33037611-IjYKq.jpgSize of cabin bag appears to have shrunk somewhat 35x20x20 is absolutely tiny

it used to be 55x40x20, looks like I’ll need a new man bag or to pay an additional 24 euros per passenger
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 11th Jan
whatyadoinsucka1 h, 43 m ago

[Image] Size of cabin bag appears to have shrunk somewhat 35x20x20 is …[Image] Size of cabin bag appears to have shrunk somewhat 35x20x20 is absolutely tinyit used to be 55x40x20, looks like I’ll need a new man bag or to pay an additional 24 euros per passenger

Read it again. You can still use the old bag AND have a second one, smaller. The only difference is, that uf you do not buy their Priority Boarding, bigger of your bags will go with hold luggage, free of charge.
What's the point of paying then if it goes free of charge on boarding??
clairejonescardiff6 m ago

What's the point of paying then if it goes free of charge on boarding??

you're paying to keep it in the cabin, frequent or light travellers (who keep their baggage with them) don't risk their luggage going missing and don't have to wait for the luggage to be put onto the belt on arrival.
paulj483 m ago

you're paying to keep it in the cabin, frequent or light travellers (who …you're paying to keep it in the cabin, frequent or light travellers (who keep their baggage with them) don't risk their luggage going missing and don't have to wait for the luggage to be put onto the belt on arrival.

But if you don't intend to keep it, don't pay for checked in luggage either and get everything for free!
clairejonescardiff3 m ago

But if you don't intend to keep it, don't pay for checked in luggage …But if you don't intend to keep it, don't pay for checked in luggage either and get everything for free!

I presume this will be for 'cabin' sized bags and not full blown suitcases.
paulj4816 m ago

I presume this will be for 'cabin' sized bags and not full blown suitcases.

Still, there's a flaw in their thinking. But it's excellent for me as I always pay for cabin luggage, now we can take 2 pieces each (3 kids can take 2 each too) and off we go for free.
clairejonescardiff1 h, 16 m ago

Still, there's a flaw in their thinking. But it's excellent for me as I …Still, there's a flaw in their thinking. But it's excellent for me as I always pay for cabin luggage, now we can take 2 pieces each (3 kids can take 2 each too) and off we go for free.

cant you read? Its always been that way
whatyadoinsucka4 h, 34 m ago

[Image] Size of cabin bag appears to have shrunk somewhat 35x20x20 is …[Image] Size of cabin bag appears to have shrunk somewhat 35x20x20 is absolutely tinyit used to be 55x40x20, looks like I’ll need a new man bag or to pay an additional 24 euros per passenger

priority boarding is £5, not €24
chocci40 m ago

priority boarding is £5, not €24

Ah ok that was my price for a flight I booked 4 weeks ago for july18 for 4 people so price now makes sence

the bag size has still dropped massively though 35cm long it used to be 55cm long
whatyadoinsucka34 m ago

Ah ok that was my price for a flight I booked 4 weeks ago for july18 for 4 …Ah ok that was my price for a flight I booked 4 weeks ago for july18 for 4 people so price now makes sencethe bag size has still dropped massively though 35cm long it used to be 55cm long

You're still not getting it, the old rules were two bags one 55x40x20 and one 35x20x20 both these could be taken on board, the new rules are still the same size two bags it's just that the 55x40x20 bag will be placed in the hold (at the gate) unless you've paid for priority.
Skaman1 h, 10 m ago

You're still not getting it, the old rules were two bags one 55x40x20 and …You're still not getting it, the old rules were two bags one 55x40x20 and one 35x20x20 both these could be taken on board, the new rules are still the same size two bags it's just that the 55x40x20 bag will be placed in the hold (at the gate) unless you've paid for priority.

I finally get it skamen, Ryanair’s email had no mention of standard sized cabin bags (55x40x20) , that will now be put in hold as you board ,

only small 35x20x20 will be allowed on board unless you pay the extra fiver,
clearly an ingenious way to start charging for hand luggage.

Reads easier here ryanair.com/gb/…icy
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 11th Jan
The only thing now I dont get is that Ryanair will now be charged by airports to transfer bags into hold and onto conveyer belts at the other end, hence over the past 10-15 years low cost carriers have wanted passengers to take hand luggage only or charged high baggage costs to cover these groundfees
In reality things probably won't change that much, I've flown with Ryanair loads of times, if the flights are full and you're at the end of the queue then quite often they've said that the overhead lockers are full and the cabin bags will have to go in the hold, I think that if flights aren't full they will just let you take it on rather than putting it in the hold but this way more people will choose to pay so they will make more money!!
£50 charge if they decide your bag is too big and it has to go in the hold

another scam that hopefully backfires
whatyadoinsucka11th Jan

The only thing now I dont get is that Ryanair will now be charged by …The only thing now I dont get is that Ryanair will now be charged by airports to transfer bags into hold and onto conveyer belts at the other end, hence over the past 10-15 years low cost carriers have wanted passengers to take hand luggage only or charged high baggage costs to cover these groundfees

They still use the conveyors anyway as there will always be folk check hold luggage in.
.MUFC.13 h, 25 m ago

They still use the conveyors anyway as there will always be folk check …They still use the conveyors anyway as there will always be folk check hold luggage in.

Airports charge by bag
whatyadoinsucka1 h, 30 m ago

Airports charge by bag

Fair enough, I assumed they just paid the same price regardless, With Ryanair though it wouldn't surprise me if they started to get passengers to load the planes for them, May be even fuel up!.
dodgymix13th Jan

£50 charge if they decide your bag is too big and it has to go in the …£50 charge if they decide your bag is too big and it has to go in the holdanother scam that hopefully backfires

How is it a scam to enforce cabin bag size restrictions?
chocci26 m ago

How is it a scam to enforce cabin bag size restrictions?

Charging you £5 for cabin bagging for anything bigger than a box of cerial and possibility if it doesnt meet their restricted size you get Charged £50
Personally vote with my feet and avoid them..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants