Ryanair to cancel ANOTHER 400,000 bookings ( Between November 2017 and March 2018!)

Found 27th Sep 2017
How nice of them

Ryanair is cancelling a further 400,000 bookings between November this year and March 2018, it has announced.

The troubled airline has confirmed it will remove 25 of its 400 planes from skies over the period.

It said the move, which will cost it up to €25m, will "eliminate" all risk of further flight cancellations.

Full story / breaking Source

Also previous cancellations, customers are receiving £40 vouchers (not sure if this affects claims if going via another route)
2800561.jpg
Ryanair says it will email all the voucher letters by Friday 29 September. Passengers who booked through agents will need to contact them to ask for the vouchers, which have been sent to the email address on file.

The voucher is in addition to compensation due under European passengers’ rights rules

Source HERE
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
What s the cheapest flight to book with them? Mostly they would cancel and I can claim
Brilliant cheap airline, cheap service.
Flying to Faro from Glasgow on 8th.
How can i check if i am affected.
Doesn't appear to be any reference on the easyjet site.
So that's around 800,000 passengers in total who have been shafted by Ryanair...

32106277-BXCbf.jpg
Received £45 voucher today.
rangewell.com/Che…ir/

This sites got the cancelled flight details, just put in your flight no, departure date or airport.

However they've not updated it with the last 400,000 bookings yet.
Edited by: "BananaMannn" 27th Sep 2017
deeky3 h, 18 m ago

You mean Ryanair right? Here it is:

Important Information for Ryanair Customers
ryanair.com/gb/…ges
Edited by: "m00head" 27th Sep 2017
m00head1 h, 15 m ago

You mean Ryanair right? Here it is:Important Information for Ryanair …You mean Ryanair right? Here it is:Important Information for Ryanair Customershttps://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/travel-info/winter-schedule-changes

Ah, thank you for that. No email for me as yet so hopefully we'll be OK

Edit: Actually I'm not likely to get one because my booking is with Easyjet

What a nob
Edited by: "deeky" 27th Sep 2017
What a God awful company.
Acting within the law, but still acting like a bunch of scumbags.

I'd wish them to go out of business, but that would be unfair on all their employees who are generally OK people.
Question: I have never had a flight delay/cancellation before. I booked a 3 night stay for my parents in Prague in mid December. Flight are with Ryanair touch wood no email regarding cancellation. But if they where to cancel the flights. Where would I or my parents stand?

Looking on Sky Scanner. Ryanair are the only direct flights to and from Prague on the day they leave and return. The next cheapest is with Easy Jet but cost £100 more and it's not direct.
Jeeziz looks like a good time to buy shares
Batmobile54310 h, 38 m ago

Received £45 voucher today.

I got £80 for a flight I paid £2 for, chuffed
deeky15 h, 58 m ago

Because it's Ryan Air NOT Easy Jet maybe??
Pauline.Gevaux2 h, 15 m ago

Because it's Ryan Air NOT Easy Jet maybe??

Yeah true...read above comments and all will be revealed.
seaniboy13 h, 37 m ago

Jeeziz looks like a good time to buy shares

32112711-r4wtU.jpg

If it only it was that easy
ocelot2014 h, 27 m ago

Question: if they where to cancel the flights. Where would I or my parents …Question: if they where to cancel the flights. Where would I or my parents stand?

Not in Prague...
And when questioned the overwhelming majority of people affected by this said yes, they would use Ryanair again.
u66454128 m ago

And when questioned the overwhelming majority of people affected by this …And when questioned the overwhelming majority of people affected by this said yes, they would use Ryanair again.

What is the answer to: " If Ryanair charges you 10% more for a better service and treatment of employees, pay more tax, would you use Ryanair again: more, the same, less or not again?"
EU law is very helpful to consumers, don't take vouchers, ask them to rebook your flight with another line at no extra cost to you and you get compensations as well, by EU law.
Ryanair law breach leaves UK regulator CAA 'furious' - BBC News

Quote:
"Ryanair has been threatened with legal action for "persistently misleading" passengers about their rights following thousands of flight cancellations.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)'s chief executive Andrew Haines said he was "furious" that the airline was not complying with the law.

The authority has launched "enforcement action" against Ryanair for wrongly claiming it did not have to re-route passengers on rival airlines.

The CAA's Mr Haines told the BBC that he very much doubted the dispute would get as far as the courts, but added it was "unacceptable" that Ryanair was disregarding the law and customers' rights.

"These are simple things to fix and they're choosing not to fix them," he said. "People shouldn't have to choose between low fares and legal rights."

Mr Haines singled out Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary for particular criticism, telling Radio 5live: "Michael himself said he wasn't going to pay for passengers to fly on other airlines. That's against the law.

"My concern with Ryanair, and the reason we are speaking so openly, is they say one thing and yet they don't follow it through." "
splender2 h, 47 m ago

EU law is very helpful to consumers, don't take vouchers, ask them to …EU law is very helpful to consumers, don't take vouchers, ask them to rebook your flight with another line at no extra cost to you and you get compensations as well, by EU law.

In practice you'll miss your flight, but yes that's how it should pan out.
Ryanair cancelled my return flight from Stansted to Glagsow. They refunded me the cost and gave me the £80 voucher..

cant use the voucher though.. flights between glasgow-london have been grounded until March.. which is when travel needs to be claimed by! Hurrah!
Such a shambles and makes Ryanair look like they haven't a clue what they are doing, which they don't of course. I'm off to the Algarve in 3 days time for a couple of weeks flying with Ryanair from Bristol which wasn't cancelled thankfully but so glad that my next holiday flights at the end of November are booked with Easyjet.
Edited by: "Robbo11" 29th Sep 2017
m00head19 h, 15 m ago

Ryanair law breach leaves UK regulator CAA 'furious' - BBC …Ryanair law breach leaves UK regulator CAA 'furious' - BBC NewsQuote:"Ryanair has been threatened with legal action for "persistently misleading" passengers about their rights following thousands of flight cancellations.The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)'s chief executive Andrew Haines said he was "furious" that the airline was not complying with the law.The authority has launched "enforcement action" against Ryanair for wrongly claiming it did not have to re-route passengers on rival airlines.The CAA's Mr Haines told the BBC that he very much doubted the dispute would get as far as the courts, but added it was "unacceptable" that Ryanair was disregarding the law and customers' rights."These are simple things to fix and they're choosing not to fix them," he said. "People shouldn't have to choose between low fares and legal rights."Mr Haines singled out Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary for particular criticism, telling Radio 5live: "Michael himself said he wasn't going to pay for passengers to fly on other airlines. That's against the law."My concern with Ryanair, and the reason we are speaking so openly, is they say one thing and yet they don't follow it through." "

I saw Nippy sturgeon moaning about that, have to love the irony when the Scottish Gov has a vested interest in the airport industry, effectively subsidising Ryanair to the tune of £9million a year by keeping the lossmaking Scottish tax-payer owned Prestwick Airport open.
DKLS29th Sep

I saw Nippy sturgeon moaning about that, have to love the irony when the …I saw Nippy sturgeon moaning about that, have to love the irony when the Scottish Gov has a vested interest in the airport industry, effectively subsidising Ryanair to the tune of £9million a year by keeping the lossmaking Scottish tax-payer owned Prestwick Airport open.

you mean Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions