Ryanair to start flights to the USA from only £8

Just a heads up

news.bbc.co.uk/go/…stm

Let's hope that some of us can bag a bargain.

13 Comments

i suppose this makes up for the weak sterling against us dollar......

usa here i come!! (with ryanair of course...richard brandson and ba go cheaper or go away! lol):):):)

You will probably have to add taxes+charges+baggage+ anything else O'leary can get away with and the final price will be nowhere near the headline price above.

You will, taxes for major US airports come in on average £70 each way, you're still talkin around the £200 mark for a return flight, unless Ryanair heavily subsidise it, which I doubt they will do, or will do it for a few seats in order to market it better.

supermod

As this isn't a Deal as such yet & more of a tip, I'm moving this to MISC. When the deal actually starts please feel free to post direct link again OP :thumbsup:

I just booked with Virgin to Orlando in March = £80 return but £220 taxes - still a good price for Virgin

yeah hubby told me about this earlier, but you have to pay baggage, taxes & for any food that you want on your flights as well - so maybe not as cheap as they make it sound although i hope so :thumbsup:

octobergirl;3355995

I just booked with Virgin to Orlando in March = £80 return but £220 taxes … I just booked with Virgin to Orlando in March = £80 return but £220 taxes - still a good price for Virgin

Fly with Virgin whenever I holiday across the Atlantic, can't beat their customer service :thumbsup:, flying with them to Vegas next May

Jus travelled with Continental from Mchester to US. Staff were fantastic but the space was similar to Ryanair / easyjet seats, for a 9 hour flight. Very cramped planes, only 3 seats either side. Was not expecting that. TV's in back of seats, very nice but not when your nose is almost up against it!

I've just seen Mr O'Leary on the business news and he said that he doesn't know where this story came from but he is looking into buying a trans-atlantic fleet if one comes onto the market. He said that if anything came of it, it would be a year to 18 months before flights would be available.

Banned

octobergirl;3355995

I just booked with Virgin to Orlando in March = £80 return but £220 taxes … I just booked with Virgin to Orlando in March = £80 return but £220 taxes - still a good price for Virgin

Hmm. How long ago?

Just booked with Virgin for next april to Orlando from Manchester £340 ish, worth for the huge baggage allowance and direct flight with decent planes and customer service. Going for 4 weeks :w00t:

Last 4 times we have flown with American Airlines for similar price but changing at Chicago. The main reason we switched is racist coments/hints from certain members of the flight crew on the Manchester-Chicago flights. Complained but never heard anything back so its their loss.

Adidas Addict;3361878

Just booked with Virgin for next april to Orlando from Manchester £340 … Just booked with Virgin for next april to Orlando from Manchester £340 ish, worth for the huge baggage allowance and direct flight with decent planes and customer service. Going for 4 weeks :w00t:Last 4 times we have flown with American Airlines for similar price but changing at Chicago. The main reason we switched is racist coments/hints from certain members of the flight crew on the Manchester-Chicago flights. Complained but never heard anything back so its their loss.

Where did you book these?

Did you go direct to virgin or is ther some hidden website i have missed. Been looking to go about then but can't get anywhere near what your paying!

asingh1975;3408088

Where did you book these?Did you go direct to virgin or is ther some … Where did you book these?Did you go direct to virgin or is ther some hidden website i have missed. Been looking to go about then but can't get anywhere near what your paying!

Virgin website. Prices up and down daily almost. Flying on the 19/04/2009 and coming back on the 15/05/2009 man-mco-man

Not sure how much they are coming in at now, we were flexible with dates, so chose the cheapest. Best time of year to go april/may, hardly any kids and perfect weather. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. One thing you've forgotten1619
    2. Bearded chat510
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767491
    4. What would be HELL to you?3357

See more discussions