Groups

Ryanair Vouchers........ x x

Someone mentioned in another thread that u can buy the Ryanair vouchers for urself and then pay for ur flights with those to save you having to pay the almost £40 (in my case) credit card handling fee.
    Has anybody actually tried this? Does it work?
    Thanks in advance x

39 Comments

Hannah monarch also charge cc and dc fees..i selected maestro and paid debit-lol-i didnt pay fees. I havent tried ryanairs system though..cant you get a maestro card from ur bank? i keep meaning to ask..

Original Poster

louloo;4247743

Hannah monarch also charge cc and dc fees..i selected maestro and paid … Hannah monarch also charge cc and dc fees..i selected maestro and paid debit-lol-i didnt pay fees. I havent tried ryanairs system though..cant you get a maestro card from ur bank? i keep meaning to ask..

I tried every card available and the charge was the same:? It's a right con:roll: Thanks for help though hun, rep lft x

hannah19790;4247943

I tried every card available and the charge was the same:? It's a right … I tried every card available and the charge was the same:? It's a right con:roll: Thanks for help though hun, rep lft x

oh i thought electron and maestro was free? it is on monarch...

Don't get me started with Ryanair! We have to use them to get to Dublin. Book two 49p flights yesterday an paid £66.18 (£9.50 handling fee). Wish Air Lingus still flew from Liverpool.

louloo;4248047

A friend of mine was asking about electron cards to pay for ryanair stuff and avoid charges. This was a few months back and dont know what happened. I'll ask her if you dont get some more definite info.

I know it's the obvious but does it not just work out the same to fly with a respectable airline by the time you add luggage fees, booking fees, meals/drinks and unlimited amounts of stress in flying with these companies??

louloo;4248047

Visa Electron is free to use on ryanair, just not many people have it!

You can buy the Ryanair vouchers here ryanair.com/sit…php
    They are redeemable online. I have not tried them though.

Original Poster

louloo;4248047

Maybe I missed that one then:? Will take another look, thanks hun

Predikuesi;4248112

Don't get me started with Ryanair! We have to use them to get to Dublin. … Don't get me started with Ryanair! We have to use them to get to Dublin. Book two 49p flights yesterday an paid £66.18 (£9.50 handling fee). Wish Air Lingus still flew from Liverpool.

Yh this is what annoys me, it's a penny flight:roll:
    WoolyM;4248116

A friend of mine was asking about electron cards to pay for ryanair stuff … A friend of mine was asking about electron cards to pay for ryanair stuff and avoid charges. This was a few months back and dont know what happened. I'll ask her if you dont get some more definite info.

Oh that be great, thanks hun:thumbsup:

ms2005;4248123

I know it's the obvious but does it not just work out the same to fly … I know it's the obvious but does it not just work out the same to fly with a respectable airline by the time you add luggage fees, booking fees, meals/drinks and unlimited amounts of stress in flying with these companies??

No I don't think so, we are now talking about taking just hand luggage to save costs and for 4 of us for 3 weeks gonna cost us £180. I know this is a bargain and so I should just pay the extra £40 but it's the principle - £40 handling fee - what a con!!

calmacuk;4248151

I will take another look then, although I haven't got one might be worth getting one:thumbsup:

thesummerof69;4248157

You can buy the Ryanair vouchers here … You can buy the Ryanair vouchers here http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/vouchers.phpThey are redeemable online. I have not tried them though.

Thanks hun:thumbsup:

we flew ryanair last year to Budapest...there was no hassle-it was really good and i couldnt complain. It was around £50 each-we pooled luggage and took two hold between 5 of us and 5 hand..it was less than £300 as we had to pay for check-in. It still beats jet2 or any other airline. The flights were school hols too.

Predikuesi;4248112

Don't get me started with Ryanair! We have to use them to get to Dublin. … Don't get me started with Ryanair! We have to use them to get to Dublin. Book two 49p flights yesterday an paid £66.18 (£9.50 handling fee). Wish Air Lingus still flew from Liverpool.

Yeah I am just booking the same route - flights 0.00p total comes to £82.93 :roll:

fireheaven;4248478

Yeah I am just booking the same route - flights 0.00p total comes to … Yeah I am just booking the same route - flights 0.00p total comes to £82.93 :roll:

how does that work out? its taxes?

Original Poster

louloo;4248047

Sorry hun, my mistake...Electron is free although Maestro isn't. But I haven't got one :cry:

calmacuk;4248151

Ur right, did just check again thanks hun:thumbsup:. Not sure it's worth the trouble trying to get one though:roll:

hannah19790;4248529

Sorry hun, my mistake...Electron is free although Maestro isn't. But I … Sorry hun, my mistake...Electron is free although Maestro isn't. But I haven't got one :cry:Ur right, did just check again thanks hun:thumbsup:. Not sure it's worth the trouble trying to get one though:roll:

im going to email me bank and ask for one for when they have the £ sales on again!

Original Poster

louloo;4248449

we flew ryanair last year to Budapest...there was no hassle-it was really … we flew ryanair last year to Budapest...there was no hassle-it was really good and i couldnt complain. It was around £50 each-we pooled luggage and took two hold between 5 of us and 5 hand..it was less than £300 as we had to pay for check-in. It still beats jet2 or any other airline. The flights were school hols too.

Yh, must admit I've nver had any probs with them and it is a real bargain......but £40 just for the privilege of paying?!! Really bugs me :roll:

Original Poster

louloo;4248545

im going to email me bank and ask for one for when they have the £ sales … im going to email me bank and ask for one for when they have the £ sales on again!

I'm with Halifax......can all banks/B.S do them do u know?

hannah19790;4248580

I'm with Halifax......can all banks/B.S do them do u know?

i think so cos they give them to under 18s...will look now. My o/h says they should be able to. Daughter has one so i guess i could use that...would have to cross her palm with gold first though so could work out more expensive:roll:

Original Poster

louloo;4248600

i think so cos they give them to under 18s...will look now. My o/h says … i think so cos they give them to under 18s...will look now. My o/h says they should be able to. Daughter has one so i guess i could use that...would have to cross her palm with gold first though so could work out more expensive:roll:

Hahaha that's true lol Well hope u manage to get one anyway hun:thumbsup:

My friend said she got an electron card from Halifax. They are not widely advertised or pushed and are usually aimed at less creditworthy customers. You will need to specifically request an electron card. They are still available from some other banks I think. Google electron cards and gives some good info.

Original Poster

WoolyM;4248633

My friend said she got an electron card from Halifax. They are not widely … My friend said she got an electron card from Halifax. They are not widely advertised or pushed and are usually aimed at less creditworthy customers. You will need to specifically request an electron card. They are still available from some other banks I think. Google electron cards and gives some good info.

Thanks soo much for checking for me hun, really appreciated:thumbsup: I'm not sure I wanna risk losing out on the cheap flight while waiting for them to send me one now though, just be my luck they'd triple the flight cost just as I get my hands on an Eectron card lol:roll: - maybe I will just try the voucher idea

hannah19790;4248660

Thanks soo much for checking for me hun, really appreciated:thumbsup: I'm … Thanks soo much for checking for me hun, really appreciated:thumbsup: I'm not sure I wanna risk losing out on the cheap flight while waiting for them to send me one now though, just be my luck they'd triple the flight cost just as I get my hands on an Eectron card lol:roll: - maybe I will just try the voucher idea

Yes, the vouchers sound interesting. Never heard of them before. Only thing to note I suppose is to buy them via a credit card so in the event of ryanair going bust if it were ever to happen you might have some rights to a refund. Vouchers at the moment can be risky if you don't use them immediately. Another friend of mine bought a multitrip ticket (10 crossings) from speedferries before they went bust and lost out on 8 crossings.

Actually just thought if you buy them on credit card will have charges...

Original Poster

WoolyM;4248708

Yes, the vouchers sound interesting. Never heard of them before. Only … Yes, the vouchers sound interesting. Never heard of them before. Only thing to note I suppose is to buy them via a credit card so in the event of ryanair going bust if it were ever to happen you might have some rights to a refund. Vouchers at the moment can be risky if you don't use them immediately. Another friend of mine bought a multitrip ticket (10 crossings) from speedferries before they went bust and lost out on 8 crossings.Actually just thought if you buy them on credit card will have charges...

OMG...are there talks of them in trouble then?? I'm not sure I wanna book it at all if that's the case.:? I've just got off the phone from a friend who's said they've got an Electron card so thought I'd use that. :-D

hannah19790;4248793

OMG...are there talks of them in trouble then?? I'm not sure I wanna book … OMG...are there talks of them in trouble then?? I'm not sure I wanna book it at all if that's the case.:? I've just got off the phone from a friend who's said they've got an Electron card so thought I'd use that. :-D

No not heard any scare stories about them, but theres a lot of it about. Think Micheal O'Leary would see a few others go to the wall before him. He's a shrewd businessman

Original Poster

WoolyM;4248807

No not heard any scare stories about them, but theres a lot of it about. … No not heard any scare stories about them, but theres a lot of it about. Think Micheal O'Leary would see a few others go to the wall before him. He's a shrewd businessman

Oh that's a relief - all pretty depressing at the moment hey?!! :roll: Well, with £40 handling fee I should think he should be alright lol
    Thanks again for your help hun x

Original Poster

louloo;4248789

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=205432&page=9have … http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=205432&page=9have you looked here? i havent time to look but suggests entropay..

Ooo thanks babe, will take a look:thumbsup:

i think they are one of the few making a proit arent they? ryanair and easyjet...lol

Original Poster

louloo;4248843

i think they are one of the few making a proit arent they? ryanair and … i think they are one of the few making a proit arent they? ryanair and easyjet...lol

I'm ot bloody surprised, with all the add ons:w00t:

hannah19790;4248854

I'm ot bloody surprised, with all the add ons:w00t:

but to be fair-monarch do the same...we had to pay hold luggage after paying £250 each for flights:w00t: and then the fee for debit card which i dived...lol

Original Poster

louloo;4248886

but to be fair-monarch do the same...we had to pay hold luggage after … but to be fair-monarch do the same...we had to pay hold luggage after paying £250 each for flights:w00t: and then the fee for debit card which i dived...lol

Yh, I'm sure they're all much of a muchness. I shouldn't be moaning really, £180 is a bargain:roll:

hannah19790;4248903

Yh, I'm sure they're all much of a muchness. I shouldn't be moaning … Yh, I'm sure they're all much of a muchness. I shouldn't be moaning really, £180 is a bargain:roll:

nah course you should moan.....:roll: they are robbers! i found that i had to really look to get the bargain flights...but my friend came here from budapest for 4p lol no fees no charges.

Original Poster

louloo;4248936

nah course you should moan.....:roll: they are robbers! i found that i … nah course you should moan.....:roll: they are robbers! i found that i had to really look to get the bargain flights...but my friend came here from budapest for 4p lol no fees no charges.

Yh, I here people doing that all the time.................but never where and when I wanna go lol

hannah19790;4248943

Yh, I here people doing that all the time.................but never where … Yh, I here people doing that all the time.................but never where and when I wanna go lol

nah nor me either...:x

im gonna start a petition...i want two weeks in lanzarote for 2p-what dya think?

Original Poster

louloo;4248959

nah nor me either...:xim gonna start a petition...i want two weeks in … nah nor me either...:xim gonna start a petition...i want two weeks in lanzarote for 2p-what dya think?

lol :lol:I'll be top of the list:thumbsup:

Hi The Buying vouchers works like a charm, you have to send it to the second passenger and they have to travel but after that no probs!!:)

I tried this and purchased vouchers. The voucher took over a day to be emailed and when I tried to use it an error message said the voucher has been used. I tried contacting them and I couldn't get any sense out of the call centre agent. I'm now £50 out of pocket plus the cost of the call to the call centre!

I have used ryanair heaps of times before and always been satisfied now I am totoally ****** off!:x

Banned

OK, after reading the other threads, I managed to NOT pay for credit card usage.

I created an account with ]Entropay and loaded £50.00 on to it (this cost £2.48 to laod!) when I was asked to enter my card type, I selected Electron and used the card details from my new Entropay account.

OK, so I had to pay £2.48 to load £50.00, but that is better than £10.00 to use my credit card.
    (It doesnt matter how much you load onto your card, Entropay charge 4.95% per transaction)

Hope this helps!
    Mac

Banned

I forgot to add, if you want to use Ryanair Gift Vouchers, you still have to pay a handling charge of £5 each way!

i paid with entropay on friday no problem and no charge from ryanair !

BTW has anybody booked the on-line checkin + 1bag option - just wonderin

if I checkin on-line where do i go with my hold baggage when i get to the airport - is there

a fast bag drop at liverpool for ryanair ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions