Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Ryzen Build help

Posted 2nd Jul
Budget at around £450-500.

I'm in no rush to get this build done today, I just would like some guidence of compaitible parts so I can add them to a list and hopefully grab them when they go for decent prices.

The main parts I need are as follows as I already have a case, cooler, 2060s GPU etc.

CPU - Looking at the Ryzen 7 3700x (Budget of around £250 for this alone - shame I missed the Germany deals)

Motherboard - this is the main thing I need help on really as I haven't built a AMD machine since the Phenom II lol

RAM - Looking at 32gb as I use a lot of processes, photoshop, illustrator and gaming.
The HyperX Fury are £60 per 16gb currently but not sure on the compatibilty with Ryzen machines? amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it

Probably a new PSU also.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Have you used PC Part Picker? That tells you if they will all work together and any issues you might run into such as space in the case.
KeyboardKitten02/07/2020 11:50

Have you used PC Part Picker? That tells you if they will all work …Have you used PC Part Picker? That tells you if they will all work together and any issues you might run into such as space in the case.

I have, just don't know what motherboard to aim for within that budget. Would rather get people's opinions rather than a random list of 100 motherboards with no idea which one is good or not lol
dbizal02/07/2020 11:59

I have, just don't know what motherboard to aim for within that budget. …I have, just don't know what motherboard to aim for within that budget. Would rather get people's opinions rather than a random list of 100 motherboards with no idea which one is good or not lol

I mean tbh motherboards connect everything they just need the connectors for your stuff such as the amount SATA ports if you have lots of drives. I have a gaming pc but my board doesn’t scream gaming it’s just a basic motherboard from GIGABYTE.

I’ll put your stuff into PCPartPicker and I’ll look at the options
If you don't want anything fancy the X570-P is a great price on Amazon.de
amazon.de/dp/…HKG

This mobo uses same VRMs as the high end mobos, no USBC beyond that more than good enough.
Myriad02/07/2020 13:14

If you don't want anything fancy the X570-P is a great price on …If you don't want anything fancy the X570-P is a great price on Amazon.dehttps://www.amazon.de/dp/B07TJHCHKGThis mobo uses same VRMs as the high end mobos, no USBC beyond that more than good enough.

Only really want put doen like £100-130 on a Mobo to be honest.
Right, This is what I was thinking... I have the Carbide Air 540 case but might sell it and go for something a little smaller, any suggestions would be great - but it needs to be black as I will be going for a Black and Orange theme.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…7Nq
41308582-0HeKU.jpg

I know I need to get a NVMe drive in this for my boot drive, and then maybe a bigger one for games etc, but for now it's not at the top of my list. I should be able to sell my current PC for around £350-400 so that will be used to get the little extra upgrades.

The ticks are what I have in my Intel build right now, however like I said I want to swap cases for something slimmer as my case now sits on top of my desk rather than under it.

Not sure about the memory either, but I like the full black and these have been around £60 for 16gb previously so going to wait to see if they drop again.

What do you guys think about the Motherboard and it's pricing? I can currently get this board for £140 on Amazon.
Edited by: "dbizal" 6th Jul
Oh, I also need a decent new PSU haha.
The ones ticked are the items I have.

The budget is for the Mobo, Ram and CPU and maybe a PSU - but I will put more in if I need the PSU.

EDIT: Ah you deleted your comment I was replying to lol
Edited by: "dbizal" 6th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants