Found 24th Nov 2016

  1. Ask
  1. Ask

if you attend court with no representation then you can ask to speak to duty solicitor. they will advise you but normally ask for a means form to be completed.

if they were found guilty on what basis would they appeal?

that's not an appeal. the court wants him to be given legal advice, possibly as they could face a prison sentence.

The case could the be subject to an appeal and cost the taxpayer more money

It maybe different for a magistrates court ( or I could be completely wrong) but I thought that if you're found guilty of an offense you could only appeal if you have some sort of new evidence to disprove the guilty verdict, or there had been some sort of mistakes or wrong doing in the procedure.

If the offence carries a potential custodial sentence I was under the impression that Magistrates would not allow the accused to defend themselves. The reason, I understand, is that magistrates can be JP's who do not have to have legal training. In crown court the accused can defend themselves as the Judge, who is trained in the legal system, can give guidance to the accused.
Edited by: "Dumbstruck" 24th Nov 2016
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. A new low for British politics.12
    2. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git513
    3. Ordered the Xbox One X from Argos? Delivery could be 00:01 on 07/1133
    4. And you think you are having a bad day?55

    See more discussions