Groups

:S Just upgraded to a premier paypal account :S

Hi all

Just did this by accident. Is there anything I need to know? Is there a fee?

Thanks

13 Comments

No fees for 'upgrading'.
    Fees for accepting payments into your Paypal are 3.4% and 20p on every UK Pound Sterling transaction. ALL payments into your Paypal account are now charged.
    It will not cost you anything to send money.
    You can now accept Credit Card payments.

Original Poster

Thanks Steve, so its the same more or less lol

Deal4Me

Thanks Steve, so its the same more or less lol

It's better to have a premier Paypal account, you can now accept a bigger choice of payments. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thank you. Should be automatic!

Deal4Me

Thank you. Should be automatic!

Yes it should :thumbsup:

If you don't like it you can always downgrade.

Starlet

If you don't like it you can always downgrade.

Only once. You cannot then upgrade again.:whistling: :whistling:

dinosteveus

Only once. You cannot then upgrade again.:whistling: :whistling:

Think you can upgrade again, but only downgrade once. Think this is what you meant Dino ?

If you are accepting a lot of non-CC transactions then you should open another Personal PayPal account though so you don't pay the charges on those. In the Premier you will pay the charges on everything.

Admin

If you are accepting a lot of non-CC transactions then you should open … If you are accepting a lot of non-CC transactions then you should open another Personal PayPal account though so you don't pay the charges on those. In the Premier you will pay the charges on everything.

dinosteveus

Fees for accepting payments into your Paypal are 3.4% and 20p on every UK … Fees for accepting payments into your Paypal are 3.4% and 20p on every UK Pound Sterling transaction. ALL payments into your Paypal account are now charged.

The problem with having another Paypal account is you need separate Bank Details for it. You cannot have Paypal as a payment option on ebay if you cannot accept credit Cards and a Personal Account cannot. (Bloody hell, how many 'cannots' in one sentence :roll: )
    I tried this for a while and it's more hassle than it's worth on ebay. :-( :-(

mrtootough

Think you can upgrade again, but only downgrade once. Think this is what … Think you can upgrade again, but only downgrade once. Think this is what you meant Dino ?

Yes, that's what I meant. :oops: :thumbsup:

The problem with having another Paypal account is you need separate Bank … The problem with having another Paypal account is you need separate Bank Details for it

Yeah that's true. Just raising the point that it is allowed to have a Personal and a Premier/Business so might as well. If you are spending from it or have a second bank account then it works fine and you can avoid the fees. For selling on eBay a Premier is necessary really.

While on the topic of PayPal - can you associate multiple email addresses with a validated account dinosteveus? Is there a limit?

A personal account can accept credit card payments... but only 2 per year

Admin: Yes you can associate multiple email addresses with it - I do with mine :thumbsup:.

Mattitude

A personal account can accept credit card payments... but only 2 per … A personal account can accept credit card payments... but only 2 per yearAdmin: Yes you can associate multiple email addresses with it - I do with mine :thumbsup:.

Yes, it's only two Credit Card payments per year to a Personal Account.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

You can have 8 Email address linked to your Paypal account. :thumbsup: You will have to click on a link to that email address to 'activate' it. You cannot use an email address that is already registered with a Paypal account.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4502110
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35194
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions