Groups

S N P

Scotland not playing

BUT is it just me that when seeing SNP thinks Scottish National Party instead? which is fairly anti england, kinda defeats the point of it imo

Please no Scotland England arguments in this thread, just want to know if its just me that thinks that^^^

64 Comments

Banned

No arguments?? Either naivety or you're covering yourself...

Original Poster

master_chief;8820882

No arguments?? Either naivety or you're covering yourself...

there are plenty of threads for them, i just want people to answer the simple question i asked in the OP :lol: prob not gonna happen though

Original Poster

massmail666;8820907

yeah thats what i thought when i saw vb1's avi. i was like huh Scottish … yeah thats what i thought when i saw vb1's avi. i was like huh Scottish National Party wtf?

:lol::lol: glad its not just me then

Banned

micoo;8820896

there are plenty of threads for them, i just want people to answer the … there are plenty of threads for them, i just want people to answer the simple question i asked in the OP :lol: prob not gonna happen though

I thought your avi was some patriotic US name

he fancies Nicola Sturgeon

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/4/27/1240855688160/Nicola-Sturgeon-the-Scott-001.jpg

thats why he has an SNP avi

Supermod

Even if England do not get out of the group stage they still made it to the World Cup. We should get a huge saw and cut off Scotland and Wales.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8820972

Even if England do not get out of the group stage they still made it to … Even if England do not get out of the group stage they still made it to the World Cup. We should get a huge saw and cut off Scotland and Wales.

not the point of the thread :roll:

Banned

Micoo seems to think that whoever thought up SNP didn't realise the political connotations:-D:-D

Banned

micoo;8820984

It was naivety then :whistling:

Supermod

micoo;8820984

My apologies.

Ok. Yes. I do think SNP relates to Scottish National Party and I wouldnt associate it with Scotland Not Playing. However, through your thread awareness I would.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8821004

My apologies. Ok. Yes. I do think SNP relates to Scottish National Party … My apologies. Ok. Yes. I do think SNP relates to Scottish National Party and I wouldnt associate it with Scotland Not Playing.

Sorry mate but dont mean to spoil your thread but who really cares, England are in the world cup and I think we English should enjoy that fact it whilst it lasts.

This is all getting to be a bit boring so let the Jocks have their bit of fun because lets face they dont have much else in footballing terms.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;8820992

Micoo seems to think that whoever thought up SNP didn't realise the … Micoo seems to think that whoever thought up SNP didn't realise the political connotations:-D:-D

the connotation being that it near enough contradicts itself?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8820992

Micoo seems to think that whoever thought up SNP didn't realise the … Micoo seems to think that whoever thought up SNP didn't realise the political connotations

Indeed. Otherwise it would have been SNQ which sounds as crap as ABE.

Original Poster

guv;8821016

Indeed. Otherwise it would have been SNQ which sounds as crap as ABE.

well atleast ABE is easy to say :lol:

yup its what I thought

is there a B.N.P?

Bulgaria not playing

Banned

micoo;8821023

well atleast ABE is easy to say :lol:

A B E.....

Nah... It just looks like you've failed at learning the order of the alphabet.

Original Poster

numptyj;8821039

yup its what I thoughtis there a B.N.P?Bulgaria not playing

:lol: would be hilarious if there was

Original Poster

guv;8821042

A B E..... Nah... It just looks like you've failed at learning the … A B E..... Nah... It just looks like you've failed at learning the order of the alphabet.

:lol: fair point

Were there also not shirts with SFA on? (Scotland Failed Again)

I keep thinking SNP = Scottish National Party.

Banned

Inb4 vb1 thread. Oh wait wut?

Roflcoptor. The SNP wasn't lost on me. Ideally the "Scotland not playing" text would be bigger to help the clinically stupid but the SNP bit is just an added bonus. ABE, SNP and the Scottish national party are all pathetic so it kinda makes sense

now please help me ego by continuing to discuss me haha

ps: micoo loves Rooney

Having lived in Scotland, SNP is always Scottish National Party to me.

ABE to me is abe from Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee! :giggle:

Original Poster

vibeone;8821301

ps: micoo loves Rooney

i do, i rescpect him hugely, he is one of the worlds best players, just a shame hes english

zezlez;8821010

Sorry mate but dont mean to spoil your thread but who really cares, … Sorry mate but dont mean to spoil your thread but who really cares, England are in the world cup and I think we English should enjoy that fact it whilst it lasts.This is all getting to be a bit boring so let the Jocks have their bit of fun because lets face they dont have much else in footballing terms.

Yawn that is quite a expected response as pretty much all Scottish people arent saying England shouldnt enjoy being in the World Cup but are saying the Scottish are fed up with the hype and idea that England are so amazing and pretty much the idea they think they are "perfect"

Jock in many contexts are a offensive term or at least just ignorant.

inb4 guv and f&f.

Oops.

Banned

How about SAS - Scotland Are Sorry.

Oh wait, SAS was Shearer and Sheringham and that probably brings back memories of us beating you in Euro 96:oops:

How about WAS - Who Are Scotland?

It also alludes to Scotland in the past tense, which is really what Scottish football is.

Banned

It is all pretty pathetic

Banned

sassie;8821863

Thanks for your input
    xxx

sassie;8821863

vibeone;8822054

Thanks for your inputxxx

have to agree with sassie here (no hate Vibey)

ryouga;8821634

Yawn that is quite a expected response as pretty much all Scottish people … Yawn that is quite a expected response as pretty much all Scottish people arent saying England shouldnt enjoy being in the World Cup but are saying the Scottish are fed up with the hype and idea that England are so amazing and pretty much the idea they think they are "perfect"Jock in many contexts are a offensive term or at least just ignorant.

Yep yawn it is, but we are having our day (or more) and we are going to enjoy it.

Jock may be offensive but I didnt invent the name nor am I going to apologise for using it, I have a family friend who goes by the name of Jock I will let him know what you said.

Banned

bitseylango;8822069

have to agree with sassie here (no hate Vibey)

No hate bitsey, you agreed with me anyway (see my earlier post ITT). Just ironic coming from her.... :thumbsup:

and to answer the original OP I too thought it meant Scottish National Party. But then again Im female

Supermod

Scotland should forget football and concentrate on curling.

magicjay1986;8822108

Scotland should forget football and concentrate on curling.

or tennis oh OUR national hero is a ABE fan :-D

telegraph.co.uk/spo…tml

Supermod

shedboy66;8822236

or tennis oh OUR national hero is a ABE fan … or tennis oh OUR national hero is a ABE fan :-Dhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/7822857/Exploring-the-Anyone-But-England-phenomenon.html

You can have him. Until he wins Wimbledon.

magicjay1986;8822252

You can have him. Until he wins Wimbledon.

wouldn't expect it any other way Scottish when he is defeated British when he wins something :roll:

Supermod

shedboy66;8822261

wouldn't expect it any other way Scottish when he is defeated British … wouldn't expect it any other way Scottish when he is defeated British when he wins something :roll:

Exactly!! :-D

In all seriousness, I consider him Scottish even though he is known as "British".

Someone to be proud of.

RFC;8822272

dont bite shedboy66 ,that guy trolls all day.....check some of his … dont bite shedboy66 ,that guy trolls all day.....check some of his previous posts,[LEFT][COLOR=black]unbelievable![/COLOR][/LEFT]

RFC hope your team keeps your hands off our cup hero Goodwillie :-D

You know that just cropped to mind after seeing that article, it pretty much assumes all English people want England to win and the only people not wanting England to not do well are from the other home nations.

That isnt exactly the case since my English mum even notices and gets annoyed with the hype of the media and said if they win they will get knighthoods and parades in London and she gets fed up with not being able to read local news because as far as my mum is concerned, why should she have to listen to news about the players in cities like London just like any other celebs whilst she is in Scotland and it doesnt affect her or other people in Scotland.

I remember that thread last week where someone saw in a supermarket that there was booze and football merchandise everywhere and the non football fan merchandise was all womens stuff!

Banned

shedboy66;8822285

RFC hope your team keeps your hands off our cup hero Goodwillie :-D

Reported. Use a dating agency for your Lewd comments!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335656
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30120
      3. BioShock 10th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Announced.11
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1741

See more discussions