Groups

s-video to scart telly?

I'm trying to get my HP laptop hooked up to a old crt tv with an s-video to scart cable with absolutely no success.
    Anybody have any idea how to set this up?

one of these by the way

http://home.arcor.de/eckhaard/Scart_2.jpg

Another thing......it hasn't got the audio connector , so could you just hook up a phono to 3.5mm cable?

7 Comments

Dont think it will work, I had the same idea 5 years ago with my old Pentium 3 laptop.

It just comes through black and white,and a bit fuzzy, I was told due to the differences in resolution so you would need s video to s video to work

Original Poster

Aww man! don't tell me that! I'm not getting anything at all.
    Thank gawd i only paid quid for the cable. Cheers for the quick reply ryouga .

You normally have to 'activate' the TV out feature in the driver control panel - the system can't detect the TV is there so you have to tell it. If you can't see anywhere obvious in the control panel to activate the TV out, you can normally do it from the last tab in display properties by right clicking on the secondary display (which should be faded) and selecting attached.

You will need a separate audio cable as you've mentioned although unless the scart block as an audio in, I can't see how it's going to work. Normally the s-videos adapters I use are similar to a phono to scart adapter (with a yellow, red and white set of plugs) but they also have the s-video coonnector.

John

Original Poster

Cheers john I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I'm using vista, so will the settings be any different?

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;1459781

You normally have to 'activate' the TV out feature in the driver control … You normally have to 'activate' the TV out feature in the driver control panel - the system can't detect the TV is there so you have to tell it. If you can't see anywhere obvious in the control panel to activate the TV out, you can normally do it from the last tab in display properties by right clicking on the secondary display (which should be faded) and selecting attached.You will need a separate audio cable as you've mentioned although unless the scart block as an audio in, I can't see how it's going to work. Normally the s-videos adapters I use are similar to a phono to scart adapter (with a yellow, red and white set of plugs) but they also have the s-video coonnector.John

no joy at all, I think all but given up hope. thanks away john.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions