s7 battery

Found 18th Jan
battery in past month, keeps dropping suddenly.

like think it oka then boom dying.

cleared cache and today thought it was oka

then before know dying.

it can be go from 32, suddenly 4 percent.

or like today suddenly dropped.
2879526-WXeug.jpg

is there a battery app i can test

i got it for john Lewis and got insurance but I don't wanna wipe data And start again.

easier for just get new battery if it is just battery charge up fine.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
26 Comments
To think all the stick Apple gets for using software to mitigate this very issue!

Gsam battery monitor used to be pretty good, but tbh a drop like that I’d just do a backup and claim through the insurance. It could be an issue elsewhere causing the dip
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 18th Jan
Hardware fault. I get that sometimes on my Huawei Honor 8, so it isn't something only Samsung phones have. Even iPhones experience this issue.

Best get it replaced. You can easily reinstall all your apps from the Play Store on your new S7.
Is it when you take it out in cold weather?
well i think john Lewis is still under warranty but is battery covered as it could be wear and tear
i downloaded the app too see
33092131-bQsPf.jpg
33092357-czxk6.jpgseems fine too me so don't no why dropping
33092584-Ui7i3.jpganother pic
Could be a couple of factors combined. Sometimes the phone won't sleep/go into low power mode or keeps try to connect to the network which causes power drain. Other times it's environmental issues like heat and wear and tear from charging or age.
Like any battery cold conditions will cause it to strain. Voltage drop is the main reason your phone drops down.
How old is the mobile?, Probably a faulty battery, Doubt that would be covered by warranty, Not that difficult to change battery but you have to heat the back up with a Heat gun or hair dryer. Plenty of how to videos on youtube.

Replacebase are good for mobile parts.

Link for £9 Battery

You'd also need some new adhesive.

Link for adhesive

It may no longer be as waterproof though, Bare that in mind.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 19th Jan
and when i woke up, is this normal phone brought from John Lewis in about July 2016
33093553-aKPXv.jpg
Edited by: "Pricklerickle" 19th Jan
jonmarz8921 m ago

and when i woke up, is this normal phone brought from John Lewis in about …and when i woke up, is this normal phone brought from John Lewis in about July 2016[Image]

Batteries only last for 1-2 years, Their performance decreases. I'd expect battery performance to be declining with it being not far off 2 years old. Admittedly some will last much longer but their are lots of things that impact battery life and performance etc.
.MUFC.28 m ago

Batteries only last for 1-2 years, Their performance decreases. I'd expect …Batteries only last for 1-2 years, Their performance decreases. I'd expect battery performance to be declining with it being not far off 2 years old. Admittedly some will last much longer but their are lots of things that impact battery life and performance etc.

so if wear and tear battery, Lewis warranty won't cover,
jonmarz899 m ago

so if wear and tear battery, Lewis warranty won't cover,

Most warranties won't, You could ask them but it's unlikely.
then this one, saying a 50 percent battery will only last 1 hour
33094197-QxgC1.jpg
and why i am at work charging on a normal charger not fast one, just normal.
33095514-14gI6.jpg
Factory reset the phone. Could also be an app causing more battery load than needed.

Also turn down the phones screen display out put down to 1080p or even 720p.
This'll increase the battery length.

I have the S8 and run it at 1080p and I get a much longer run per day on that over 1440p.
The difference in picture is difficult to point out on such a small screen.

My old phone the s6 edge had similar issues. Which was down to hardware faults. Around 22months into its life.
Also if it's hardware and if battery replacement costs are high. Try get a battery case and try ride off that for a while.
33097582-vap9E.jpgthis is it on safe mode
now off safe mode and normal
33097991-dpV8E.jpg
33109947-IkR10.jpgit did it again
33109954-w3o9F.jpg
33109956-DMBuy.jpg
33109960-sJbf1.jpg
so is it software or hardware
I downloaded New app and it told me,the battery only holds half of charge now, shop replace it for 25, one I trust, but it coming back to John Lewis who say there send it off
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants