Groups

S7 Edge vs OnePlus 3T

Hey guys,

i am a really picking person when it comes to phones but only have a budget of <400£
    the best two phones that i think are currently in my price range is s7 and 3t; but im torn between the two.
    3t is 399 brand new and s7 im currently looking at the O2 deal which is pretty good.
    Can anyone help make my mind up or give any suggestions please?
    thanks

25 Comments

I would go for the Galaxy S7 Edge.

Mainly because of the camera and also the screen quality (not that the OnePlus screens are bad, but the Samsung exceptional).

Or you could see what the OnePlus 5 has to offer when it's released?

Original Poster

Dragon32

Or you could see what the OnePlus 5 has to offer when it's released?

when is the oneplus 5 coming out?
    also it would defo be above my price range? around 499?

the s7 edge is waterproof so I think it wins!

also the build quality should be better..

help321

when is the oneplus 5 coming out?also it would defo be above my price … when is the oneplus 5 coming out?also it would defo be above my price range? around 499?

​about may - june, yes max £500 for 64gb version

3t is around 320ish on o2 refresh

Original Poster

yoyo59

the s7 edge is waterproof so I think it wins!also the build quality … the s7 edge is waterproof so I think it wins!also the build quality should be better..

that was the deciding factor for you?
    waterproof is not that neccesary tbh

help321

that was the deciding factor for you?waterproof is not that neccesary tbh

Tell that to someone who has just dropped their phone down the toilet

You can always get a good price for a Samsung in good condition when you come to sell it. Not sure about second hand values of a second hand nonplus.

Speaker and Audio = 3T
    Screen = most likely a tie
    Built / Feel in long run = 3T , especially Matt finish
    Software = 3T
    Battery / Charging = Tie.
    Camera = meh , any
    Storage = you decide, not an issue.
    Performance = near a tie. Smartphones have reached a limit.
    now choose, if you have an option for the 3t's matt black finish get that!
    Edited by: "idrishussainw7" 8th Apr

make sure you have insurance if you get a s7 edge screens are pretty expensive to repair

Original Poster

mattmerch

make sure you have insurance if you get a s7 edge screens are pretty … make sure you have insurance if you get a s7 edge screens are pretty expensive to repair

tempered glass protector?

Original Poster

Cakeboy79

Tell that to someone who has just dropped their phone down the toilet

lool that has never happen to me, im too careful and paranoid

help321

tempered glass protector?

They don't exist.

Or at least, they do - but all the ones I tried were so utterly terrible that I ended up having to use an invisible shield style rubbery protector.

S7E by far is the superior device in terms if specs and Camera and software, if you don't use customs. Flashing a custom ROM on the 3T will increase stability but you will reduce which already an average and inconsistent camera performance.
    OOS is full of bugs and every update introduces more bugs, there are long standing issue that have still not been resolved since the 3 was released.

At the end of the day its your money and your choice, but with the S7E you know what your going to get with the 3T its a lottery.
    Forget the OP5 that will £500 min and still not match the specs on the S7E, OP are always 1-2 years behind and turn to gimmicks like 6gb ram to grab headlines.

idrishussainw7

Speaker and Audio = 3TScreen = most likely a tieBuilt / Feel in long run … Speaker and Audio = 3TScreen = most likely a tieBuilt / Feel in long run = 3T , especially Matt finish Software = 3T Battery / Charging = Tie.Camera = meh , anyStorage = you decide, not an issue. Performance = near a tie. Smartphones have reached a limit. now choose, if you have an option for the 3t's matt black finish get that!

Where did you get a tie on the screens from ?
    The S7E had Samsung's latest 2k screen
    3T a SAMSUNG sub 1080p screen lol

Camera S7 superior in Low light and video, consistency.
    Battery S7E beat 3T by 3hrs on nougat in a video battery test.
    Storage 7E more with SD support. The Samsung cards match now internal storage speeds.
    Software on stock the Samsung is better TW much improved, OOS bug filled and with the new device due soon there will not be much in the way if support in the future.
    Build/ design 7E again the OP5 is rumoured to be moving to dual edge, I wonder why?
    Performance a tie, though the 7E beat the 3T in the latest speed challenge now both are on Nougat.( software)
    Easy choice for me as Oneplus are so inconsistent on the software side, unless you like to tinker its a nightmare.

help321

that was the deciding factor for you?waterproof is not that neccesary tbh

Its is if you have an accident. Ask the people who said it's not needed, then their device encountering water and not survived

Edited by: "realdeals" 9th Apr

I have a 3t and wife has s7. 3T is really nice with a simple stock feeling UI. S7 had all the Samsung bits, some of which is nice such as the power saving options, but i personally much prefer the clean stock look.

Best thing i like about 3T is dash charging, normally just top it up here and there and it lasts a very long time.

I would recommend to try both out and see which one you like better. If you have any questions about either device I'll be happy to answer or check for you.

Original Poster

anyone have any experience with the honor 8? or Xiaomi Mi5s

I recently bought an Honor 8 £369 for my wife and a one plus 3t £384 for me. Got Honor because wife wanted good camera and battery, 32gb, she loves it, it's very fast,, and it's really slim and easy to use one handed. For me its the 128gb internal memory and the good battery of the op3t, both have great fast chargers,. Hope this helps you decide

If you like stock Android, get the Oneplus, if you like Touchwiz.. get the Samsung.
    I have a standard s7 and the exynos processor is good. I'm not a Sammy fanboi by any estimation, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I wouldnt go anywhere without the otterbox on it.

Original Poster

woodiewog

I recently bought an Honor 8 £369 for my wife and a one plus 3t £384 for m … I recently bought an Honor 8 £369 for my wife and a one plus 3t £384 for me. Got Honor because wife wanted good camera and battery, 32gb, she loves it, it's very fast,, and it's really slim and easy to use one handed. For me its the 128gb internal memory and the good battery of the op3t, both have great fast chargers,. Hope this helps you decide

honor 8 has better camera than 3t?
    honor 8 is arounf 280£ atm which i think is bargain

Honor 8 as better camera, more or less same Dual lens as Huawei p9. It's a snip at £280

I currently use the S7 Edge, have had it repaired twice so far in 7+ months, it's a good phone, but a rugged case is necessary. The Spigen Rugged armour is a good case that I currently use. There's no point using a screen protector on it as I currently use the Zagg HD dry and tried many others but they inevitably peel. The S7 Edge has a themed touch towards it whereas the OnePlus has a clean stock look. It depends on whether or not you prefer the stock Google experience or Touchwiz, although touchwiz bloatware has reduced over the years so it is minimal if you compare it to what it was back in 2013.

woodiewog

Honor 8 as better camera, more or less same Dual lens as Huawei p9. It's … Honor 8 as better camera, more or less same Dual lens as Huawei p9. It's a snip at £280

The Honor 8 is a great device, if it had a 5.5" screen i would have bought one. Huawei are certainly about to join the big boys in term of out and out quality, they have already matched them for speed with what call an inferior soc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions