S7 Edge vs Pixel XL vs LG G6

Found 25th Jun 2017
Which one would you recommend out of the three? I'm looking for a good camera, nice screen and decent battery life.
Thanks!
Community Updates
27 Comments
i would prefer s7 edge... they have samsung fit2 offer to be claimed till 30th june.
Edited by: "Rkp" 25th Jun 2017
Having used both the S7 Edge and Pixel XL and kept neither:

S7 much much better looking. If style is what you're after, then get that.

The Pixel, however, is a much better phone. Runs much smoother, battery lasts longer, camera (in my opinion) is the best and fastest camera I have ever seen. It's incredible how good the pics come out even when there's motion. Only downside is the looks, the bezel is annoying on it.

The S7 I returned because I wanted stock android without all the Samsung trash on it (and I thought RAM management on it was rubbish). The XL I returned only because the new Pixel is coming out in a few months and didn't want to be tied down to the old model for 2 years especially since I had to get white one as there were no black 128gb models available anywhere.

I regretted returning the Pixel and still do to this day.
The S7 Edge represents the best value for money at the moment.
LG G6
s7 edge all the way.....best complete package.
Don't bother with the s7 edge, had it ,gets laggy over time and just not a great phone in 2017, heard some lag on the LG G6 too.

I had a google pixel and on the android side it's absolutely the way to go so quick and smooth just make sure you get the pixel xl as the normal pixel has horrible battery life
I'd suggest you have a look at the OnePlus 5
It's a loaded question but it depends what you like? I wouldn't touch nothing but pure android as it's the best. no trash ontop like other manufacturers do and Google are the quickest to get the latest security updates.

Though if you don't care about OS, then I would say price would be the main factor plus, which one do you like the look of?
at the moment pixel in no go for me. this phone looks like 3 year old device. costs an arm and a leg and compared to the others is basically a dumbphone.
I know some vanilla fans will tell you there is nothing better..... but then they need be honest and answer this.... would they pay a market price for a house they need to build themselves?
Pixel - best operating system, and you get the latest updates first, LG second, Samsung phones are just not nice to use, and that curved edge is rather annoying.
lg g6 then pixel then s7. but all good phones
pixel. the only annoying thing about it are the enormous wasted space bezels.

Glad to see this is conclusive then.
Easily the Pixel since it's vanilla and runs smother than most other mobiles due to that. Sure not exactly the nicest looking mobile, It'll also get the latest updates before any other devices, Although that isn't always a good thing, Nougat destroyed my 5X battery life which wasn't that good to begin with .
Pixel.

LG customer service are **** and the devices are full of hardware issues (I'm using the G5, having had the G3 and G4). Won't be using another LG device
praevalens

pixel. the only annoying thing about it are the enormous wasted space … pixel. the only annoying thing about it are the enormous wasted space bezels.

​I know.

The bezels are the main reason I did not even consider this phone followed by the low storage and then the price.
Bigfootpete

Pixel - best operating system, and you get the latest updates first, LG … Pixel - best operating system, and you get the latest updates first, LG second, Samsung phones are just not nice to use, and that curved edge is rather annoying.

​'curved edge is rather annoying' what an extreme silly comment, with no apparent basis, keep your unfounded views to yourself.
jjsm639

​'curved edge is rather annoying' what an extreme silly comment, with no a … ​'curved edge is rather annoying' what an extreme silly comment, with no apparent basis, keep your unfounded views to yourself.

​Not really unfounded at all. My S7 Edge is annoying for me too. The curved part of the screen suffers from glare. No great option of screen protectors that fit properly with cases. Palm of hand easily touches curved edge if using one handed which can throw me out of an app.

Phone looks great, but it's style over functionality.

jjsm639

'curved edge is rather annoying' what an extreme silly comment, with no … 'curved edge is rather annoying' what an extreme silly comment, with no apparent basis, keep your unfounded views to yourself.

Yeah, you might think that you find it annoying but if jjsm639 says that you don't then I know who I believe!
[quote=The_IMF]Having used both the S7 Edge and Pixel XL and kept neither:
S7 much much better looking. If style is what you're after, then get that.
The Pixel, however, is a much better phone. Runs much smoother, battery lasts longer, camera (in my opinion) is the best and fastest camera I have ever seen. It's incredible how good the pics come out even when there's motion. Only downside is the looks, the bezel is annoying on it.
The S7 I returned because I wanted stock android without all the Samsung trash on it (and I thought RAM management on it was rubbish). The XL I returned only because the new Pixel is coming out in a few months and didn't want to be tied down to the old model for 2 years especially since I had to get white one as there were no black 128gb models available anywhere.
I regretted returning the Pixel and still do to this day.[
Seek counselling.......
mattsokolinski

at the moment pixel in no go for me. this phone looks like 3 year old … at the moment pixel in no go for me. this phone looks like 3 year old device. costs an arm and a leg and compared to the others is basically a dumbphone.I know some vanilla fans will tell you there is nothing better..... but then they need be honest and answer this.... would they pay a market price for a house they need to build themselves?

eh? It's ugly yes but it comes with everything you need, there's no house building involved. The Samsung comes with everything you'll probably never use.

Worst thing Google ever did was allow manufacturers to add their own substandard junk on top.
The_IMF

eh? It's ugly yes but it comes with everything you need, there's no house … eh? It's ugly yes but it comes with everything you need, there's no house building involved. The Samsung comes with everything you'll probably never use.Worst thing Google ever did was allow manufacturers to add their own substandard junk on top.

​Comes with everything you need apart from a sd card slot? That's a must for me.
The_IMF6 h, 10 m ago

eh? It's ugly yes but it comes with everything you need, there's no house …eh? It's ugly yes but it comes with everything you need, there's no house building involved. The Samsung comes with everything you'll probably never use.Worst thing Google ever did was allow manufacturers to add their own substandard junk on top.

SweeneyUK5 h, 32 m ago

​Comes with everything you need apart from a sd card slot? That's a must f …​Comes with everything you need apart from a sd card slot? That's a must for me.

so lets get this right....
pixel
waterproof? no
OIS? no
cheaper than other phones? no in fact you can get s7 edge for 1/2 the price of pixel hotukdeals.com/dea…216
expandable memory? no
did I mention the price....

sorry but no amount of useless vanilla (which will force me to install 20 apps to get decent features out of camera, security, battery life etc) will make me buy this god awful looking phone... might as well get an iphone 7 better security and 5 years of updates pretty much guaranteed if thats what you fancy
Edited by: "mattsk" 26th Jun 2017
You don't need an SD Card when with the pixel you get free unlimited storage to google photos at max resolution.

You don't need 20 apps to get decent features out of the camera when the pixel camera beat every other camera in every test using stock app and EIS instead of OIS.

You don't need security apps when Pixel gets a monthly security patch (my almost 2 year old Nexus 6p gets these too, last was 5th June).

There's a reason why S7 is half price and Pixel isn't. One holds value, the other doesn't.

As for 5 years of updates guaranteed, 5 years ago Samsung released the GS3. Didn't even get Android Lollipop.

4 years ago they released the GS4. Lollipop was the last OS 2 years later.

3 years ago they released the GS5. Android 6 was the last update 2 years later.
Pixel XL has way better camera, but battery life is average and is uper expensive.

I think I would pick an LG G6 or S7 Edge despite the battery being just a bit better than the one of Pixel XL..but at least it's not so expensive
I don't get why the s7 and not s8? It's £550-600 online, on Amazon Italy etc. I've been a Samsung and Nexus/pixel user over the years, short stint with oneplus as well. I would say s8 if you get that price, but pixel xl 128gb for the same price.. I would go pixel. As many people pointed out function over style does it for me.
Original Poster
helllraiser

I don't get why the s7 and not s8? It's £550-600 online, on Amazon Italy … I don't get why the s7 and not s8? It's £550-600 online, on Amazon Italy etc. I've been a Samsung and Nexus/pixel user over the years, short stint with oneplus as well. I would say s8 if you get that price, but pixel xl 128gb for the same price.. I would go pixel. As many people pointed out function over style does it for me.

I just like the style of the S7 edge to be honest and with a contract, the S8 works out about £200 extra than the S7 over the course of 2 years. I'm not fussed about having the latest phone, I'm currently rocking a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 which I've had for 2 years lol, so an S7 edge would be a major upgrade for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants