S7 won't download amazon music app.

Edited by:"sarahsmith76"Found 18th Dec 2017
I've tried from the play store, Amazon app, a different browser and it just says my device is not compatible...I'm about to launch this phone at the wall! Any help/advice please.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
19 Comments
Google and amazon have been in dispute.. Think it's resolved however I can't help wonder if thinks are getting updated... Assume you have your region set to UK? Just asking... Just looked myself and all is good on playstore so must be a setting?
Also log in Google on a pc..go to playstore on the pc.. You can view your phone apps and install from pc remotely. That may flag something up..like it's already installed but disabled. Or a problem with how you phone is logged in goggle account.. That's all I can think of.. Should work...
Original Poster
wayners7 m ago

Also log in Google on a pc..go to playstore on the pc.. You can view your …Also log in Google on a pc..go to playstore on the pc.. You can view your phone apps and install from pc remotely. That may flag something up..like it's already installed but disabled. Or a problem with how you phone is logged in goggle account.. That's all I can think of.. Should work...

I don't have a pc unfortunately, I've checked the region and that's set to U.K. is there anything else that I could check in my settings?
try turning off the install from unknown sources options in the settings see if that helps
sarahsmith7633 m ago

I don't have a pc unfortunately, I've checked the region and that's set to …I don't have a pc unfortunately, I've checked the region and that's set to U.K. is there anything else that I could check in my settings?

Will it actually download the apk and then says "device is not compatible" or do you get the grey'd out download button saying your device is not compatible?
Also by any chance did this device originate from the US?

Also try Settings>Apps (toggle to disabled apps) and ensure it is not already on the device but marked as disabled.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Dec 2017
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts5 m ago

Will it actually download the apk and then says "device is not compatible" …Will it actually download the apk and then says "device is not compatible" or do you get the grey'd out download button saying your device is not compatible?

32810358-YJhmL.jpgI get this.
Original Poster
discozohan9 m ago

try turning off the install from unknown sources options in the settings …try turning off the install from unknown sources options in the settings see if that helps

How do I do that? You'll have to guide me through it sorry.
sarahsmith762 m ago

[Image] I get this.

Ty. Do you know if the device originally started life across the pond?
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts2 m ago

Ty. Do you know if the device originally started life across the pond?

I got it from carphone warehouse so I'm not sure what you mean?
sarahsmith764 m ago

I got it from carphone warehouse so I'm not sure what you mean?

Sorry, I'm just ruling some things out which might not sound like they make any sense. I had been pondering it was bought second hand and the device originally started life in America. The key to that is some US networks blocked some apps and you would have needed to lift that block. Anyhow not needed.

Normally the Amazon apps all come pre-installed in the S7/S8. If the app is already installed but disabled you will also receive the same error as you showed on the screen grab. Let's try that line first.

So head into your settings, apps, then you should see a toggle button at the top "all apps" it will default too, toggle that to "Disabled apps" and see if anything appears.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Dec 2017
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts5 m ago

Sorry, I'm just ruling some things out which might not sound like they …Sorry, I'm just ruling some things out which might not sound like they make any sense. I had been pondering it was bought second hand and the device originally started life in America. The key to that is some US networks blocked some apps and you would have needed to lift that block. Anyhow not needed. Normally the Amazon apps all come pre-installed in the S7/S8. If the app is already installed but disabled you will also receive the same error as you showed on the screen grab. Let's try that line first. So head into your settings, apps, then you should see a toggle button at the top "all apps" it will default too, toggle that to "Disabled apps" and see if anything appears.

Ok thank you, all looks ok in the apps.32810651-khJod.jpg32810651-Grx5p.jpg
sarahsmith763 m ago

Ok thank you, all looks ok in the apps.[Image] [Image]

Thanks for the screenshots. Now on your last screen shot the app info for play store. Could you scroll up so you can see app settings also please. Good news is you on the correct Play Store version and all, so we are ruling things out gradually.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts4 m ago

Thanks for the screenshots. Now on your last screen shot the app info for …Thanks for the screenshots. Now on your last screen shot the app info for play store. Could you scroll up so you can see app settings also please. Good news is you on the correct Play Store version and all, so we are ruling things out gradually.

32810795-ihUO4.jpg
sarahsmith763 m ago

[Image]

All looks fine. Now again within apps, open "Google Play Services", then click "Force stop", then click "Storage" and in the next screen press "clear cache". Restart device, then try the amazon music again.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts8 m ago

All looks fine. Now again within apps, open "Google Play Services", then …All looks fine. Now again within apps, open "Google Play Services", then click "Force stop", then click "Storage" and in the next screen press "clear cache". Restart device, then try the amazon music again.

Thank you but it didn't work
sarahsmith7614 m ago

Thank you but it didn't work

So last two things before the dreaded comment "Try a reset to factory settings"

On both play store and play services apps, same again, as before, force stop,clear cache, but then this time also when in the app info, press the hamburger menu (three stacked dots) on the top right and choose "uninstall updates".
Restart device again, try again.
cecilmcroberts9 m ago

So last two things before the dreaded comment "Try a reset to factory …So last two things before the dreaded comment "Try a reset to factory settings"On both play store and play services apps, same again, as before, force stop,clear cache, but then this time also when in the app info, press the hamburger menu (three stacked dots) on the top right and choose "uninstall updates". Restart device again, try again.

Sorry also before I have to go. Try sideloading before going down the factory reset route.

APK can be found below. (do this on the device)

apkmonk.com/app…p3/

For this (I'm unsure which android version you on so might not need this part) you may have to enable chrome to install apps, the device will warn and give you links to allow this permisson. Also you might need to have your "allow unkown sources" ticked, but again if it gets blocked the device will talk you through the settings.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts9 m ago

Sorry also before I have to go. Try sideloading before going down the …Sorry also before I have to go. Try sideloading before going down the factory reset route. APK can be found below. (do this on the device)https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.amazon.mp3/For this (I'm unsure which android version you on so might not need this part) you may have to enable chrome to install apps, the device will warn and give you links to allow this permisson. Also you might need to have your "allow unkown sources" ticked, but again if it gets blocked the device will talk you through the settings.

I had to do the APK and it worked, thank you so much for your time and help. You have saved my phone from sudden death and my sanity! Thank you again and "Merry Xmas" (that's if you celebrate it?) Cheers!
sarahsmith7611 m ago

I had to do the APK and it worked, thank you so much for your time and …I had to do the APK and it worked, thank you so much for your time and help. You have saved my phone from sudden death and my sanity! Thank you again and "Merry Xmas" (that's if you celebrate it?) Cheers!

You are welcome. Merry Christmas also
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions