s8 / plus wireless charger?

Found 28th Apr 2017
Got my S8 plus today and i didn't realise it has this type-c connection, thus the lead isn't compatible with my old wireless charger.
I'm still using the old wireless charger, just not using the type-c lead.
But the charging does seem slow, and am guessing if i used the type-c lead on a compatible wireless charger it would be a lot quicker?
If so, is it just the official samsung one out there at the moment that costs like £70?
Also what are the benefits of this type-c over the micro?
Thanks

9 Comments

No any type C power cable should do the trick
Type C cables can be put in either way, as opposed to micro...

Usb C is only quicker when hooked direct to the mobile.

Wireless charging is slow regardless.

shauneco

Usb C is only quicker when hooked direct to the mobile.Wireless charging … Usb C is only quicker when hooked direct to the mobile.Wireless charging is slow regardless.

But on the wireless charger is says fast charging?

Type C to normal convertor 2 for £1.98 - I got these the other day
ebay.co.uk/itm…AIT

mgb20

Samsung S8 wireless charging problem:Wireless Charging ProblemSamsung S8 … Samsung S8 wireless charging problem:Wireless Charging ProblemSamsung S8 Red Screen problem:Red Screen ProblemSamsung S8 DQA Problem:DQA ProblemI can't understand why this phone is attracting so much attention, it's a disaster!

I agree with you, I've numbed ship and now use Huawei. Samsung should stick to tvs and washing machine:)

nrackham76

I agree with you, I've numbed ship and now use Huawei. Samsung should … I agree with you, I've numbed ship and now use Huawei. Samsung should stick to tvs and washing machine:)

Samsung have made phones longer than they have made washing machines.
They have a habit of innovating at a crazy pace and realising a product somewhat prematurely resulting in some issues.

Saying that I have a Sony Z5 which gets very hot (well known issue)
iPhone 6 Plus that randomly restarts sometimes home button is gammy.

No phone or product for that matter is perfect especially cutting edge consumer electronics

mgb20

Samsung S8 wireless charging problem:Wireless Charging ProblemSamsung S8 … Samsung S8 wireless charging problem:Wireless Charging ProblemSamsung S8 Red Screen problem:Red Screen ProblemSamsung S8 DQA Problem:DQA ProblemI can't understand why this phone is attracting so much attention, it's a disaster!

i7 bluetooth problems
i7 problems
signal problem Not hard to find reports about any phone

Edited by: "hairyboxxox" 1st May 2017

mgb20

​Maybe to you it is but to me it's a brilliant piece of kit.So good I've bought one for my partner and she loves it.Enjoy your iphone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants