s905 box for LibreElec to order before Christmas

Found 25th Nov 2017
I really want to get a s905 box of some sort for my Dads present for Christmas. Do I get any brand box as long as it has a s905 in it? I plan to put LibreElec on it. I do not know if it will get here in time if I buy from China so might be stuck with UK shipping.
Budget around £60-70
I have looked at this thread and I am still not sure what I am looking for...
Dad will only be using it for 1080p Kodi.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Are you sure about putting libreelec on it? I’ve recently gone from libreelec back to android due to the terrarium tv app which I find much better than kodi and also the many iptv apps which are more user friendly and stable than kodi. At least with android your have the option to add kodi as well rather than just having kodi through libreelec.
howarth340 m ago

Are you sure about putting libreelec on it? I’ve recently gone from l …Are you sure about putting libreelec on it? I’ve recently gone from libreelec back to android due to the terrarium tv app which I find much better than kodi and also the many iptv apps which are more user friendly and stable than kodi. At least with android your have the option to add kodi as well rather than just having kodi through libreelec.

Hmmm, thanks! I have not heard of those tbh....Will look into it for sure
Do you have any recommendations for a good android box for around £40-60?
I was thinking about a DroidBOX iMXQPro Mini..
You think it would be good? Its £45 on Black Friday atm...
There are loads of boxes on ebay and Amazon but its pretty crazy out there, not sure what im looking for..
stovy4 h, 9 m ago

I was thinking about a DroidBOX iMXQPro Mini..You think it would be good? …I was thinking about a DroidBOX iMXQPro Mini..You think it would be good? Its £45 on Black Friday atm...There are loads of boxes on ebay and Amazon but its pretty crazy out there, not sure what im looking for..

I wouldn't go for that DroidBox as it appears to be a rebranded Tanix TX3 Mini which is half the price. See here<. Although, I wouldn't get that Tanix either since I don't think the S905W used in it, supports Libreelec yet. Best to get one with S905X. @dcx_badass should be able to advise you on a suitable box since they're often talking about Libreelec on Android box threads.
Got to be quick but I just ordered this S905W box for £19.50, someone on the Libreelec forums has reported success:
Mecool M8S PRO W 2/16GB TV Box
gearbest.com/tv-…tml
Price: $25.99
Coupon: BFRIDAY284

Actually you might as well get the Tanix, I've cancelled my order as it's more of an average price than I thought, I was buying it as an impulse buy though (already have a few S905X & S805 boxes). If you're in the market for one it should be fine.
Edited by moderator: "trimmed link" 26th Nov 2017
dcx_badass6 h, 48 m ago

Got to be quick but I just ordered this S905W box for £19.50, someone on …Got to be quick but I just ordered this S905W box for £19.50, someone on the Libreelec forums has reported success:Mecool M8S PRO W 2/16GB TV Box https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_895800.html? Price: $25.99 Coupon: BFRIDAY284Actually you might as well get the Tanix, I've cancelled my order as it's more of an average price than I thought, I was buying it as an impulse buy though (already have a few S905X & S805 boxes). If you're in the market for one it should be fine.

I found some Tanix boxes and Mecool m8s pro w boxes on ebay for £30-35, so itl save me £10-15..
Dont mind spending more to get it faster than china shipping tbh, need it soon
Are the s905w boxes good or is it too soon to tell?
Wondering if I should play it safe and go for a s905x box...
Edited by: "stovy" 26th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants