Sabnzbd won't connect

Found 18th Oct 2011
Think I'm being really thick here but I cannot get sabnzbd to connect. It says "Authentication Failed" - I have an account with "newsgroupdirect"

Things I have tried/checked;

I have used 390gb of the 1100gb I paid for (so obviously have credit)
According the newsgroupdirect "all systems and servers are running optimally"
I have changed the number of connections to 20, 10 and finally 1 (it was originally saying too many connections)
Double checked the username/password
Double checked the host and port

Still no joy, when I try 'test server' I get "Authentication Failed"

Anything else to try?

I have been using this account/server since June with no problems at all
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
Restarted my server and now it connects fine when I test the server, but it downloads something for a few seconds, maxes my connection for 10 seconds or so, then drops out to nothing and displays as idle
Have you tried a different client like Alt.Binz to rule out Sabnzbd ?

Sounds like setup is wrong or a problem with Newsgroupdirect.
Just checked mine, working fine an Astraweb.

EDIT: just noticed this was from yesterday, did you get it working?

Edited by: "Richierea" 19th Oct 2011
I'm alright jack.
Richierea

Have you tried a different client like Alt.Binz to rule out Sabnzbd … Have you tried a different client like Alt.Binz to rule out Sabnzbd ?Sounds like setup is wrong or a problem with Newsgroupdirect.Just checked mine, working fine an Astraweb.

In the end I decided to add some credits to Astraweb to see if that would work, could at least rule certain things out.

After I had done it one of my downloads failed (Download Failed - Out of your server's retention?) and it seemed to work fine after that.

Could it have been the file making things go wrong? Or that newsgroupdirect is the problem and adding credits to astraweb fixed it?
master_chief

I'm alright jack.

What server do you use?
Have just added something else and 'disabled' Astraweb as a server and seems to be working ok. Must have been that file, which seems very odd
sancho1983

Have just added something else and 'disabled' Astraweb as a server and … Have just added something else and 'disabled' Astraweb as a server and seems to be working ok. Must have been that file, which seems very odd

you still got credit at astra? Maybe you hadnt set astra server to BACKUP under server settings.
The 25GB I got last night seemed to work OK on a new install on my WHS2011 SABNZBD with usenetserver.
csiman

you still got credit at astra? Maybe you hadnt set astra server to BACKUP … you still got credit at astra? Maybe you hadnt set astra server to BACKUP under server settings.

Maybe, I just don't understand why it did it seemingly randomly. Have had the same setup as this since June
sancho1983

Maybe, I just don't understand why it did it seemingly randomly. Have had … Maybe, I just don't understand why it did it seemingly randomly. Have had the same setup as this since June

and you may have just run out of credit at astra.....hence it started having problems
No it ran out in June hence moving to newsgroupsdirect. No bother, it's fine now
It don't half feel strange running a legit OS on my HP micro server! (it arrived 2 days ago!)

I might try a different OS on my other one.

On that subject.... This one is running with 2gb (one Gb from each machine)... How much benefit will I see if I upped it to 8th total?

Any recommendations for OS for the other?
If you're running it as a server I don't really see the point of 8gb.
sancho1983

If you're running it as a server I don't really see the point of 8gb.

The opposite is true! Servers like memory! I'm just unsure how much improvement it'll bring going from 2 to 8 baring in mind this ram isn't cheap!
Servers like memory if they need it Guv, I don't think you do though.
master_chief

Servers like memory if they need it Guv, I don't think you do though.

Lol... I'm not sure if there's an insult within that! X)

What and why do servers need the ram for? Obviously in a PC it'll be for processes taking place.... But on a server.... Which generally is just a hub for transferring data.... I'm unclear!

Btw... Any cheap ram around for these micro servers? One of mine is nekid of any ram!
guv

Lol... I'm not sure if there's an insult within that! X)What and why do … Lol... I'm not sure if there's an insult within that! X)What and why do servers need the ram for? Obviously in a PC it'll be for processes taking place.... But on a server.... Which generally is just a hub for transferring data.... I'm unclear!Btw... Any cheap ram around for these micro servers? One of mine is nekid of any ram!

For simple file serving amongst a few PCs then 2GB is fine. If you're running sql server, web services, virtual servers, mail server or anything that requires hundreds of client connections then the more memory the better.

I only have 2Gb on mine and have never had a memory related problem.
master_chief

For simple file serving amongst a few PCs then 2GB is fine. If you're … For simple file serving amongst a few PCs then 2GB is fine. If you're running sql server, web services, virtual servers, mail server or anything that requires hundreds of client connections then the more memory the better.I only have 2Gb on mine and have never had a memory related problem.

I'm running a client based download service with 257 customers each paying £25 per month. I guess I need more RAM! X)

Inb4 screenshots! X)
guv

Lol... I'm not sure if there's an insult within that! X)What and why do … Lol... I'm not sure if there's an insult within that! X)What and why do servers need the ram for? Obviously in a PC it'll be for processes taking place.... But on a server.... Which generally is just a hub for transferring data.... I'm unclear!Btw... Any cheap ram around for these micro servers? One of mine is nekid of any ram!

I have one of these, think It's up to 18 quid or so now though

hotukdeals.com/dea…791
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions