Sack the flamedeers??

Posted 30th Oct
I love freebies but would just like to discuss sacking the flamedeers.
IMHO, there's so much extra c**p posts when the flamedeer hunt is on, it becomes a little bit tedious trying to filter the wheat from the chaff so to speak.
If you insist on running such a promotion can yu do it so it isn't relying on the additional postings?
Just a thought....
Community Updates
Competitions
Top comments
Hi I haven't posted any deals because I've read how people react if they deem the post not good enough. I know it sounds silly but I would feel ridiculed for posting something I thought was helpful or I thought was a good deal. I do check hotdeals everyday and sometimes get my partner to post things. This is the first time I've joined in the flamedeers hunt I dont expect to win it's just a bit of fun. This is not aimed at people on this thread I've just been reading post where people are criticising newbies for winning without posting anything..
18 Comments
Saw on a thread that someone won with posting no deals it was a £10 amazon voucher. When I checked they had nothing on there account it was all zero (they had not posted one deal at all on hkud). Just think they are sent out in batches at a certain time and if you are quick and click you will get a flamedeer once all that batch is used they will then send out another timed batch. Its just luck of the draw and I dont think you need to post anything (my theory anyway). Also I agree there are lots of craps posts and duplication.
Edited by: "princesskizzy" 30th Oct
Think today will be very busy as a lots of people have collected the White and Silver and are now just waiting for Gold.
It’s a bit of fun really.
There's nothing to prevent you from muting those people. It's what I do.
It is fun and additive I feel sorry for the moderators who have to keep typing please use the trading thread to trade they must type that all day long
I don't really see the point of a trading thread as practically no-one is going to trade their "£100 voucher winning gold something or other flamedeer" for a white one that are two-a-penny (it seems you can't trade gold ones anyway).
Do people actually get gold ones before the required white and silver ones?

I know from experience here that clicking every post, posting any old garbage and spending all day waiting isn't going to yield any results. Don't know how "random" things are, but I've got better things to do than spend a week looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Well done to those who do get a gold flamedeer, but at the end of the day, a Euromillions jackpot is probably more likely
Edited by: "xenole" 30th Oct
princesskizzy30/10/2019 07:02

It is fun and additive I feel sorry for the moderators who have to keep …It is fun and additive I feel sorry for the moderators who have to keep typing please use the trading thread to trade they must type that all day long

They are members like us helping out to moderate the non-trading thread
Isn’t the whole idea of the competition to gain new members and bring out the dormant members though? You can’t expect every post to be good, that’s the whole purpose of the cold button and with new members comes new posts that unknowingly aren’t good deals. I hadn’t posted in a while but the flamedeer hunt got me to post again and it turned out to be my hottest post I’ve ever done. So it may bring out some not so good posts but it also brings out more good posts to.
Hi I haven't posted any deals because I've read how people react if they deem the post not good enough. I know it sounds silly but I would feel ridiculed for posting something I thought was helpful or I thought was a good deal. I do check hotdeals everyday and sometimes get my partner to post things. This is the first time I've joined in the flamedeers hunt I dont expect to win it's just a bit of fun. This is not aimed at people on this thread I've just been reading post where people are criticising newbies for winning without posting anything..
At least I didn't get shout down in flames dear....
DidiH30/10/2019 08:28

Hi I haven't posted any deals because I've read how people react if they …Hi I haven't posted any deals because I've read how people react if they deem the post not good enough. I know it sounds silly but I would feel ridiculed for posting something I thought was helpful or I thought was a good deal. I do check hotdeals everyday and sometimes get my partner to post things. This is the first time I've joined in the flamedeers hunt I dont expect to win it's just a bit of fun. This is not aimed at people on this thread I've just been reading post where people are criticising newbies for winning without posting anything..

I will continue to criticise newbies for winning without posting. Just post a few deals and see for yourself, as long as you find a good deal you'll be fine. You wouldn't really get ridiculed unless your deal was really bad, but that would happen to anyone.
Don't sack them, I won £100. However, limiting the competition for newbies would be great.
jamie1530/10/2019 08:35

Don't sack them, I won £100. However, limiting the competition for newbies …Don't sack them, I won £100. However, limiting the competition for newbies would be great.

Well done and I see you have tonnes of badges as well
It's something for nothing, brings a little excitement even if we don't win every year....

Also don't worry about getting ridiculed, just post what you think is a good deal and it either gets heat or it doesn't.... People won't attack you lol
Loads of junk posts on here even when there aren't flamedeers... easy enough to just scroll over them, so doesn't bother me too much

I find the worst ones are when there's an eBay code and people decide to post every item they can find but with 10% off the price. Seems kind of unnecessary haha
jamie1530/10/2019 08:35

Don't sack them, I won £100. However, limiting the competition for newbies …Don't sack them, I won £100. However, limiting the competition for newbies would be great.

Out of curiosity where did you win the gold one? What were you doing for it to pop up
TeaPot9130/10/2019 14:07

Out of curiosity where did you win the gold one? What were you doing for …Out of curiosity where did you win the gold one? What were you doing for it to pop up

I was on my Wendy's thread.
xenole30/10/2019 07:33

I don't really see the point of a trading thread as practically no-one is …I don't really see the point of a trading thread as practically no-one is going to trade their "£100 voucher winning gold something or other flamedeer" for a white one that are two-a-penny (it seems you can't trade gold ones anyway).Do people actually get gold ones before the required white and silver ones?I know from experience here that clicking every post, posting any old garbage and spending all day waiting isn't going to yield any results. Don't know how "random" things are, but I've got better things to do than spend a week looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.Well done to those who do get a gold flamedeer, but at the end of the day, a Euromillions jackpot is probably more likely

You can't trade gold. If you catch gold you've won, and prizes cannot be traded.

People trade whites and silvers in order to complete their collections, as you can't catch a gold without both the white and silver for that collection. This of course excludes the two instant win categories where you only need gold to win.

I personally enjoy trading and the sense of community from helping others. It probably doesnt hurt my chances of catching a gold either
Edited by: "muntyflumple" 31st Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants