Expired

safe free download to open rar files

22 replies
Found 3rd Dec 2010
Hi. I need safe programme to be able to open RAR files. Please could you recommend safe free download software that would open rar files.
Thank you

22 Comments

err winrar??

Original Poster

yes

Original Poster

the file that i could not open showed nameofthefile.rar

Original Poster

is there a chance to download WinRar FREE?

Banned

download.cnet.com/Fre…tml
rar extract frog, far better then Winrar and alot easier/faster.
Edited by: "HybridTheory" 3rd Dec 2010

Original Poster

HybridTheory

google " rar frog " by far my fav its the easiest and fastest.

I did but it is showing lots of different websites - which website is safe to use? Thank you

Original Poster

HybridTheory

http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.htmlrar extract frog, far better then Winrar and alot easier/faster.

Thanks.
it says "this type of file can harm your computer...." shall I still save it?

Banned

obernst

Thanks. it says "this type of file can harm your computer...." shall I … Thanks. it says "this type of file can harm your computer...." shall I still save it?

up to you if you save/run i usually run it. it will say that due to not recognizing the company, i promise you its safe tho you can scan it for your concern.

once installed just drag and drop the rar into the box and itl open and show the files.

easy!

Original Poster

HybridTheory

up to you if you save/run i usually run it. it will say that due to not … up to you if you save/run i usually run it. it will say that due to not recognizing the company, i promise you its safe tho you can scan it for your concern.once installed just drag and drop the rar into the box and itl open and show the files.easy!

it says installation successful - great!!!! how to drop the rar into the BOX?????

Original Poster

thanks - I think I got it. The only think there is still a problem with opening the files ;((

Banned

obernst

thanks - I think I got it. The only think there is still a problem with … thanks - I think I got it. The only think there is still a problem with opening the files ;((

if there is a problem try ectracting again if that doesnt work may mean the file itself may be corrupted.

Original Poster

"refuse to be unpacked" :((

obernst

"refuse to be unpacked" :((

Maybe they're corrupt or missing part of the archive.

Original Poster

tried another file but still the same: " aRAR archive could not be decompressed entirely" "refused to be unpacked"

Banned

obernst

tried another file but still the same: " aRAR archive could not be … tried another file but still the same: " aRAR archive could not be decompressed entirely" "refused to be unpacked"

not sure then, ive used this program for around a year and only experienced that when either corrupted or passworded, may i ask what the file type is? ( video,pictures,game )

You could try to decompress the file with 7-zip. This can be downloaded from 7-zip.org

Original Poster

HybridTheory

not sure then, ive used this program for around a year and only … not sure then, ive used this program for around a year and only experienced that when either corrupted or passworded, may i ask what the file type is? ( video,pictures,game )

it is audio

Original Poster

and it is first and second part of one file - so I quess I need somehow to put them together and try to open them again

Original Poster

I guess this is the answer
Yes! The 17 ".part1-17.rar" RAR files together form a multipart RAR archive, which you can not extract partially. Splitted RAR archives are usually used if the space on the medium is limited. If so e.g. a large 531MB RAR archive as a download and there are only a few MB of webspace at different hosters available, one creates a splitted archive, consisting of 17 parts, that is put back together after the download.
If you have downloaded all 17 ".part1-17.rar" RAR files, and placed them in the same directory, it is sufficient to double-click the file with the extension ".part1.rar" to start the unrar process (if RarZilla or a similar program is installed).
All other files, e.g., the ".part17.rar" RAR file, will automatically be found and unpacked.

Original Poster

i did it!!!!
Thank you all so much

Banned

np mate
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    2. Best watches under £500?55
    3. What shoes are these?33