Groups

safest way to buy off users on HUKD

I'm buying a laptop off an user on the forum. What precautions should I take before I pay. Just to avoid risks and any problems. Sorry if this is answered.

7 Comments

Take a gun with you

check they have good feedback
    Any warranty or at least a receipt
    Pay half upfront?
    Patpal
    Send by tracked courier
    Can be returned if faulty at their cost?
    Do you have their address?

Finally it's your responsibility to know what you are buying

Edited by: "sowotsdis" 27th Oct 2016

sowotsdis

check they have good feedbackAny warranty or at least a receiptPay half … check they have good feedbackAny warranty or at least a receiptPay half upfront?PatpalSend by tracked courierCan be returned if faulty at their cost?Do you have their address?Finally it's your responsibility to know what you are buying

Most of these points become void if someone is scamming you.

Paypal or cash on collection is the only way prevent it.

at the very least, read the forum rules. You havent agreed any purchase from what I can see

hotukdeals.com/for…199

Original Poster

chocci

at the very least, read the forum rules. You havent agreed any purchase … at the very least, read the forum rules. You havent agreed any purchase from what I can seehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/looking-for-a-gaming-laptop-2517343?p=28833199

I just purchased an laptop on hf. Paid today. Should be sent out for delivery tomorrow.

bullet9t9

I just purchased an laptop on hf. Paid today. Should be sent out for … I just purchased an laptop on hf. Paid today. Should be sent out for delivery tomorrow.

hf? What thread did you agree the deal in?
    Edited by: "chocci" 27th Oct 2016

Original Poster

chocci

hf? What thread did you agree the deal in?

Accidentally typed HF. But this thread

hotukdeals.com/for…666
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767127
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599
      4. TechInTheBasket?69

See more discussions