Safeway is making a comeback!

SuperEd 16
Found 1st Aug 2017
First it was Woolworths, now Safeway is coming back to the UK. - well sort of.

Prob be Bejam next....

Supermarket giant Morrisons is relaunching the Safeway brand after striking a deal with McColl’s to supply the convenience store chain with groceries.

The partnership will see the supermarket supply both Morrisons and Safeway own-brand products to 1,300 convenience shops and 350 newsagents starting from January next year

2754193.jpg

Full Story

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Whats the point, its quality, price and service that matters. lidl did not need an old brand name to start cutting into the big chains profits

No doubt stock will be double the price as its a convenience store

Error440

Whats the point, its quality, price and service that matters. lidl did … Whats the point, its quality, price and service that matters. lidl did not need an old brand name to start cutting into the big chains profits

...to people who shop with a rational head, others shop blindly at a brand name.

Probably cos Morrisons is totally overpriced and losing customers . Rather than try to compete they try stunts like this and Amazon online. There is a morrisons in the town centre close to me and the only people in are loyal older customers and people without transport .. Out of town is an Aldi and its rammed most of the time .Apart from the odd special offer ,Morrisons is far more expensive and their customer base seems to be people in their 60s and 70s ... They have been waving the white flag for a few years now .

For me, hands down the best quality supermarket meat is Morrisons.
Edited by: "peanuted" 1st Aug 2017

Oh, they are productionising the local community shops into the same platform of commoditised items offering the standard (no) choice amongst them.
Edited by: "splender" 1st Aug 2017

peanuted1 h, 13 m ago

For me, hands down the best quality supermarket meat is Morrisons.

I do like their butcher, bakery and fish counters.

plodging8 h, 40 m ago

Probably cos Morrisons is totally overpriced and losing customers . Rather …Probably cos Morrisons is totally overpriced and losing customers . Rather than try to compete they try stunts like this and Amazon online. There is a morrisons in the town centre close to me and the only people in are loyal older customers and people without transport .. Out of town is an Aldi and its rammed most of the time .Apart from the odd special offer ,Morrisons is far more expensive and their customer base seems to be people in their 60s and 70s ... They have been waving the white flag for a few years now .

They qre better than Asda by a long way and Sainsbury

Don't call it a comeback.

Try Aldi's beef roasting joints 👌

What about C&A

being discussed on bbc radio 4's `you and yours` - 12.15 hours today.

Morrisons is attempting to revive the supermarket brand Safeway with cornershop deal. Shoppers will be able to buy Safeway products in McColl's cornershops from January. Its new range will include 400 fresh and frozen food, many of which are made in the same factories used to manufacture Morrisons products.

bbc.co.uk/pro…89n
Edited by: "seb" 2nd Aug 2017

superspeedy9 h, 30 m ago

What about C&A

Still on the go in Belgium, so it could potentially come back.

terranigmatic7 h, 58 m ago

Still on the go in Belgium, so it could potentially come back.

Also in other European countries such as Germany I think. I was pleasantly surprised when some clothes I ordered had their label.

They killed Kiddiecare. Failed with M Local stores.. really don't see this working either..

rebranding supplies to Safeway won't work, Did they think that we want the old brands back?.

Safeway died for a reason, it was rubbish.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions