Saftey caps for screws - is there such a thing?

Found 5th Aug 2008
I know you can by a cap for the head of the screw but is there such a thing to cover the sharp pointy end of the screw? (i know it sounds quite rude but im serious lol) I have a trailer that has some screws sticking out on the inside that i want to cover to aviod them ripping /damaging something.

1. Misc
  2. Screws
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Screws
21 Comments

Banned

You can get little plastic caps that do that. I think [url]www.screwfix.com[/url] do them. However I would suggest to just file down the sharp screw ends.

Original Poster

Couldnt see them on screwfix.

Banned

I'm not on the lappy at the moment so i cant find them for you. Let me have my cup of coffee and get used to this hangover, and I'll try find them for you

Original Poster

Thank u.

Or blue-tac lol

or cut them off

Banned

hannah19790;2675258

Or blue-tac lol

Dries up and falls off :-(

guerilla;2675295

or cut them off

Best option...take 'em down with an angle grinder or if you don't have access to one, a time consuming hacksaw....

Banned

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2675306

Best option...take 'em down with an angle grinder or if you don't have … Best option...take 'em down with an angle grinder or if you don't have access to one, a time consuming hacksaw....

Why not just remove them all, it'll be ok :whistling:

Banned

You want these vinyl thingies, but I cant find them flexicap.com/rou…htm

Original Poster

If i remove them panels will fall off. Its a big 8x6 trailer and there are loads of screws just wanted to cover them really but may have to cut them all off inside if I cant find what im looking for.

Banned

EBT;2675379

If i remove them panels will fall off. Its a big 8x6 trailer and there … If i remove them panels will fall off. Its a big 8x6 trailer and there are loads of screws just wanted to cover them really but may have to cut them all off inside if I cant find what im looking for.

Yeah it was a joke :giggle: I'm hungover so not on my best sarcastic form this morning.

I know B&Q do them, but cant find them either

Cover them with plumbers epoxy putty sets hard when dried, should be available from your local DIY sheds.

Banned

remove them and put shorter ones back. far easier than cutting them off!

Cut em off seriously, they can cause a deep gash if you scrape past one, whatever you put over them isnt gonna be enough and will fall off eventually. The screws are too long ive never heard of an end cap or whatever it is youre looking for, screws arent supposed to go right through and leave the tip exposed :thumbsup:

Banned

kungfu;2675506

Cut em off seriously, they can cause a deep gash if you scrape past one, … Cut em off seriously, they can cause a deep gash if you scrape past one, whatever you put over them isnt gonna be enough and will fall off eventually. The screws are too long ive never heard of an end cap or whatever it is youre looking for, screws arent supposed to go right through and leave the tip exposed :thumbsup:

surely it is easier to replace with shorter screws?

cutting them off is time consuming and can quite easily scratch all the panels with the saw blade IMO :thumbsup:

YOu could always attach another piece of wood across the inside, effectively covering them all up, making sure you use the right length of screws not to have them poking out the other side.

build a new trailer :roll:

Original Poster

Just gonna saw them off or better still I will get my dad to do it !

Banned

EBT;2676099

Just gonna saw them off or better still I will get my dad to do it !

Why? its much harder than replacing with shorter screws and you will undoubtedly scratch the panels to bits and they will still catch as you go past unless you sand to a smooth finish (more scratches and even more work!).

Put a cork on each one
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415451
    2. word association Game74244928
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114654
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769528

See more discussions