Groups

Sainsbury Slough

So I've just been to the big Sainsbury in Slough @9pm and happened to find a load of cakes and pastries in the fridge section reduced to pennies and I was just about to post some of the deals on here when 2 staff members came along and literally took away all the best cakes and sponges with the most reductions on them...they had the lemon curd sponge for 45p and the jam and custard donuts and profiteroles all reduced by atleast 75%off original price ...no wonder I hardly get to see any good deal...staff buy up the lot it seems..sorry rant over

20 Comments

Thank you.

one of the perks of working in retail.

They probably saved you from a freezing deal. Store specific yellow label food doesn't tend to go down well here.

Pro Tip: pick up any bargains you want to buy and put them in your basket before scrambling for your phone. Real money is worth more than internet points.

Just concentrate on starting every sentence with "so" .. Life will get better

Original Poster

Rubisco

Pro Tip: pick up any bargains you want to buy and put them in your basket … Pro Tip: pick up any bargains you want to buy and put them in your basket before scrambling for your phone. Real money is worth more than internet points.

​I'm afraid next time I'll take your advice.. it's just I never thought that you could have 2 staff members literally reach in front of you and start grabbing items just as you reached for them...I suppose I was a bit taken aback...

Its called perks of the job fair play if they work there

Not sure they are allowed to do it, if they are in uniform still, pretty sure most retailers will tell staff that customers have priority, you could always complain to the manager if they took the last eclair!

haritori

Not sure they are allowed to do it, if they are in uniform still, pretty … Not sure they are allowed to do it, if they are in uniform still, pretty sure most retailers will tell staff that customers have priority, you could always complain to the manager if they took the last eclair!

Yeah but they have probably already licked it.

Still want it?

9pm clearouts are not deals to be posted here, next time just buy what you like.

You do have my sympathy tho for being in slough.

local tesco staff do the same, M&S do it better they have a waste shop for the staff

Comment

miles136

local tesco staff do the same, M&S do it better they have a waste shop … local tesco staff do the same, M&S do it better they have a waste shop for the staff

I was told the food gets thrown away and no perks for the staff.

Banned

why would you want to take your camera out first then pick the reduced product? just for hukd lol. I'm afraid no one is in a loss apart from you . basically the worker's could think your taking pictures of the fridge.

plus these items are only reduced because of the sell by date, no such deal

I got guinea fowl reduced from £6 to 25p in Morrison's yesterday . In my freezer for Christmas . The quick and the dead ! I am a self confessed yellow label addict but I don't post the deals as they are store specific . Will all be gone long before anyone reads the post . Dunno about the policy on staff taking the best stuff , I've not had that problem . Maybe it varies from retailer to retailer . All I can say is if it is reduced by 75% and I want it , I'll be in there before any member of staff

If it wasn't going to be the staff, it's going to be some other customer who walks up next.

My best cake buy was 10p for a full on birthday cake. Ended up buying 3 different ones at 10p a go from an Asda clearance.

Worst thing though, I didn't get to eat any. Gluten intolerance sucks. >

It shuts at 10pm? No deal unless you're already in store.
    My local asda is a proper gunfight, sharp elbows needed to get anything decent

[email protected]

Yeah but they have probably already licked it.Still want it?

I was buying it for you

kos1c

If it wasn't going to be the staff, it's going to be some other customer … If it wasn't going to be the staff, it's going to be some other customer who walks up next. My best cake buy was 10p for a full on birthday cake. Ended up buying 3 different ones at 10p a go from an Asda clearance. Worst thing though, I didn't get to eat any. Gluten intolerance sucks. ><

By far my best buys were back when multibuys still kicked in on reduced items, I must have got thousands worth of free shopping in the early 2000s that way

[img]images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-GJeefO86KjY%2FUwwMdn85lAI%2FAAAAAAAAEiI%2FNB_5AYAY8TA%2Fs1600%2FFunny%2BFat%2BPeople%2BPictures%2B400x309.jpg&f=1[/img]

They have a health and safety policy and saw you was in danger of indulging

summerof76

CommentI was told the food gets thrown away and no perks for the staff.

M&s always have a waste shop i get a christmas cake most years from a friend
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions