Posted 22nd Apr
Can sainsburys do anything if I keep it
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
dp19722/04/2020 13:57

I’d say the delivery driver is more to blame.. hardly bad karma

So you get your shopping delivered and then you get a knock at the door with more shopping and don’t immediately say it’s not yours? It’s the drivers error but I wouldn’t say the bad karma was his.
jpoolfitz22/04/2020 13:27

Why accept the second delivery?

I think we know why based on the OPs question
Legally they can only tell you to keep it or pick it up and destroy it. You can't pick food up from one customer and deliver it to another, they could have done anything to it.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 22nd Apr
29 Comments
What about the person who it was meant to go to?! Yes you can probably keep it as they won't know who it ended up with, morally no. If it was me I'd offer to deliver it to the intended recipient as no doubt they'll be very local
They didn't want it back when I called to report it
Legally they can only tell you to keep it or pick it up and destroy it. You can't pick food up from one customer and deliver it to another, they could have done anything to it.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 22nd Apr
MrKrabs22/04/2020 13:17

What about the person who it was meant to go to?! Yes you can probably …What about the person who it was meant to go to?! Yes you can probably keep it as they won't know who it ended up with, morally no. If it was me I'd offer to deliver it to the intended recipient as no doubt they'll be very local

Sainsburys will replace it. I wouldn't want the food if it had been delivered to someone else.
ryan_reynolds22/04/2020 13:19

They didn't want it back when I called to report it

Considering they don’t seem to want to take subs back it’s understandable in current climate.

I didn't check my shopping at the time as was working

I think we know why based on the OPs question
No they can't really. Most supermarkets have a policy of if it has left their store (in this case the van), then they would only destory it if it were to be returned.

Anyone that wasn't morally bankrupt would of course donate said food, or financial equivalent to a food bank or NHS charity or similar.
what have they said when you called them?
mutley122/04/2020 13:48

what have they said when you called them?

Said to keep it or dispose of it.
ryan_reynolds22/04/2020 13:48

Said to keep it or dispose of it.

if they said you can keep it, then do so. you've scored
Bad karma to even accept it in these hard times. Maybe you can do some good deeds to those in need? But that’s none of my business.
joxeruk200022/04/2020 13:52

Bad karma to even accept it in these hard times. Maybe you can do some …Bad karma to even accept it in these hard times. Maybe you can do some good deeds to those in need? But that’s none of my business.

Appeared incompetent came too early by a few hours and came back with someone else's shopping

So you get your shopping delivered and then you get a knock at the door with more shopping and don’t immediately say it’s not yours? It’s the drivers error but I wouldn’t say the bad karma was his.
joxeruk200022/04/2020 14:00

So you get your shopping delivered and then you get a knock at the door …So you get your shopping delivered and then you get a knock at the door with more shopping and don’t immediately say it’s not yours? It’s the drivers error but I wouldn’t say the bad karma was his.

Or it was all delivered in one go..?

i have noticed that online delivery from the supermarkets make mistakes now, which they rarely did before the crisis. i think it is because they have employed temporary staff and not trained them properly before letting them loose. we got given someone else's bag in one of our order, which we were not able to see until the delivery driver had gone. they broke a bottle of wine in one delivery and didn't log the refund so i had to call them.

when i called them to say that we had been given the wrong bag in our delivery, they asked us to take the bag into store for a refund as it was some wine bottles.
So come on then.. what free treasures did you get?
I’d be taking it to the food bank so someone less fortunate may benefit. Did you not think to tell the driver you’d already had your delivery?
ryan_reynolds22/04/2020 13:29

Sainsburys delivered someone else's shopping after my own

That's kinda how multi-drop delivery works.
Queue next thread: "Sainsburys delivered someone else's shopping before my own."
It's illegal btw
So what's the point of this thread, just to tell us you've had 2 deliveries?? You've already said you've called them and they've told you to keep it so why bother making a thread about it?
bobdylan22/04/2020 15:52

So what's the point of this thread, just to tell us you've had 2 …So what's the point of this thread, just to tell us you've had 2 deliveries?? You've already said you've called them and they've told you to keep it so why bother making a thread about it?

None, other than people won't know about it unless it's plastered on here and maybe Facebook. I like the idea of taking to a foodbank and brag about that.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 22nd Apr
Keep half and donate half . Sainsbury’s have a trolly for food banks
Good job getting extra free shopping. Hope the customer who didn't get their food gets replacement order ASAP.
jamie1522/04/2020 22:17

Good job getting extra free shopping. Hope the customer who didn't get …Good job getting extra free shopping. Hope the customer who didn't get their food gets replacement order ASAP.

no. they just get their order cancelled. many people have had their deliveries cancelled and no replacement slots.
mutley122/04/2020 22:57

no. they just get their order cancelled. many people have had their …no. they just get their order cancelled. many people have had their deliveries cancelled and no replacement slots.

That's a shame.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions