Sainsburys Job Interview

Posted 24th Nov
got a sainsburys job interview tomorrow for a Christmas Colleague job. Frist of all, please pray for me that I get the job and secondly could someone please tell me what to expect and any tips of getting the job. it is my second interview I've ever done.

appreciate all the advice!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

32 Comments
I’ve twice worked at Sainsburys. Big on customer service. Big on being legally compliant with food safety and age verification and and big on working hard.
If you can do all that, then great! Also, the more flexibility you offer (weekends, evenings) then the more valuable you will be to them.
Good luck!
ColonelBlemmington24/11/2019 20:44

I’ve twice worked at Sainsburys. Big on customer service. Big on being l …I’ve twice worked at Sainsburys. Big on customer service. Big on being legally compliant with food safety and age verification and and big on working hard. If you can do all that, then great! Also, the more flexibility you offer (weekends, evenings) then the more valuable you will be to them. Good luck!

Ahh ok that's perfect. They're my main times as I'm free .I'm a student and 17 years old if that affects anything. Appreciate the advice. Will try to show these as prominent characteristics
Good luck
It's hard to get in there. 1st you will have a group interview like asda does then they take it from there. They see if you talk or not.
Morrisons was well easy to get in.
Misslovely24/11/2019 20:51

It's hard to get in there. 1st you will have a group interview like asda …It's hard to get in there. 1st you will have a group interview like asda does then they take it from there. They see if you talk or not. Morrisons was well easy to get in.

Ahh ok😡 hate group interview. Never get past the online stage for morrisons
Watch apprentice lol
They keep a right eye in you but if you have GCSE's then your lucky but even my nephew had GCSE's and he found it hard to get into retail
Misslovely24/11/2019 20:56

Watch apprentice lol They keep a right eye in you but if you have GCSE's …Watch apprentice lol They keep a right eye in you but if you have GCSE's then your lucky but even my nephew had GCSE's and he found it hard to get into retail

Ahh ok got good gcses luckily. Stopped watching apprentice 4 weeks ago . What do u mean they keep an eye on you
deals6924/11/2019 20:58

Ahh ok got good gcses luckily. Stopped watching apprentice 4 weeks ago …Ahh ok got good gcses luckily. Stopped watching apprentice 4 weeks ago . What do u mean they keep an eye on you

They make u do a topic and see how well you interact but because there's like 8 of you in a group obviously depends on how many people are going that day, those people jump in to talk and it's hard to budge in to talk so people just over talk. I normally let other people finish talking lol maybe that's why I didn't get it back then
Misslovely24/11/2019 21:00

They make u do a topic and see how well you interact but because there's …They make u do a topic and see how well you interact but because there's like 8 of you in a group obviously depends on how many people are going that day, those people jump in to talk and it's hard to budge in to talk so people just over talk. I normally let other people finish talking lol maybe that's why I didn't get it back then

Haha ok I see. Seems confusing of what the best strategy is. Appreciate all the Intel 🙌🙌
Just do what your gonna do. All best that's all I can say
Misslovely24/11/2019 21:03

Just do what your gonna do. All best that's all I can say

Hmm sounds good
Good luck. Take a peak at your social media account and clean up anything you wont be proud of.if asked.
From my recollection of my 'interview' with Sainsburys, they tell you to turn up and you're with a group of others. They train you for 2 days and then they tell you when to start.
Misslovely24/11/2019 20:56

Watch apprentice lol They keep a right eye in you but if you have GCSE's …Watch apprentice lol They keep a right eye in you but if you have GCSE's then your lucky but even my nephew had GCSE's and he found it hard to get into retail

Having GCSE’s or not wont have any effect in a retail job. Doubt they will even be bothered about that.
ccnp24/11/2019 21:15

Good luck. Take a peak at your social media account and clean up anything …Good luck. Take a peak at your social media account and clean up anything you wont be proud of.if asked.

Very underrated advice. dont really post tho so should be fine
RiverDragon824/11/2019 21:18

From my recollection of my 'interview' with Sainsburys, they tell you to …From my recollection of my 'interview' with Sainsburys, they tell you to turn up and you're with a group of others. They train you for 2 days and then they tell you when to start.

Hopefully it's as easy as this. Thanks
SteMoss24/11/2019 21:39

Having GCSE’s or not wont have any effect in a retail job. Doubt they will …Having GCSE’s or not wont have any effect in a retail job. Doubt they will even be bothered about that.

Ah ok hopefully it's the bonus that makes me get the job right🥴
Whilst I can't offer advice on what to expect from a Sainsbury's job interview, I would like to wish you the very best of luck with the job interview
andrewworrall124/11/2019 21:59

Whilst I can't offer advice on what to expect from a Sainsbury's job …Whilst I can't offer advice on what to expect from a Sainsbury's job interview, I would like to wish you the very best of luck with the job interview

Wow, appreciate it hope it goes well
Be confident but don't come across arrogant if you know what I mean. Enjoy yourself and the nerves will settle.
dealtime24/11/2019 22:50

Be confident but don't come across arrogant if you know what I mean. Enjoy …Be confident but don't come across arrogant if you know what I mean. Enjoy yourself and the nerves will settle.

Yup sounds like a good plan. Will try my best🙌🙌
Helps if you know someone, so visit the store and get a few names then casually mention their names to whoever interviews you. I went to group interview once, this one young male adult decided to faint at the group interview when it was his turn and he delayed it to go last, it was so fake he hates group interviews no doubt and was the only way he could get past it, he was the drama queen type. They said he was the worst one but ended up getting the job because his mum works there. There were people better than me that didn't get it, because I knew someone, unfair. If that's not an option be yourself but they look for flexibility so more hours you can show availability, the better.
Edited by: "MR1123" 24th Nov
The best advice I can offer you have confidence dress smart think of what you can bring to the company good luck....
MR112324/11/2019 23:10

Helps if you know someone, so visit the store and get a few names then …Helps if you know someone, so visit the store and get a few names then casually mention their names to whoever interviews you. I went to group interview once, this one young male adult decided to faint at the group interview when it was his turn and he delayed it to go last, it was so fake he hates group interviews no doubt and was the only way he could get past it, he was the drama queen type. They said he was the worst one but ended up getting the job because his mum works there. There were people better than me that didn't get it, because I knew someone, unfair. If that's not an option be yourself but they look for flexibility so more hours you can show availability, the better.

Ahh ok seems pretty fair but will give it a try. Dont know anyone from this particular store but know someone from the other closest sainsburys. Glad you got it. Yup will show my flexibility. Appreciate the advice
DAPPAMAN24/11/2019 23:38

The best advice I can offer you have confidence dress smart think of what …The best advice I can offer you have confidence dress smart think of what you can bring to the company good luck....

Hmm sounds good. Short and sweet!
Drop the line "Every little helps" in the the conversation a few times.
Also slap your bottom multiple times too.
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell25/11/2019 13:08

Drop the line "Every little helps" in the the conversation a few …Drop the line "Every little helps" in the the conversation a few times.Also slap your bottom multiple times too.

Hehe
Thanks for the advice everyone we'll see in a week when I get a phone call
Read up on their ethos and culture and apply that to the group discussion. You'll be guaranteed to the next stage. (don't ask how, I just know )
rimalpatel00725/11/2019 20:00

Read up on their ethos and culture and apply that to the group discussion. …Read up on their ethos and culture and apply that to the group discussion. You'll be guaranteed to the next stage. (don't ask how, I just know )

Hmm appreciate it. Did do thai prior to the interview and I've take it now so hopefully it goes well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants