Sainsburys - New customer with a new email address

Found 2nd Aug 2017
Hi, Just checking is it still possible to do online shopping with a new email id to get £18 offf from 60 spend. I used this vouchers last year couple of times with different email address and they cancelled my last order and received a phone call from cust service. They said they cancelled all my accounts, and said do not shop as a new customer any more. All happened in last year july. Haven't shopped online at sainsburys again. Has anyone got any experience like this?

1. Ask
  2. Dress
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Dress
10 Comments

you are probably breaking their terms and conditions of using them. They do have the right to do so

Which part of "They said they cancelled all my accounts, and said do not shop as a new customer any more." didn't you understand??

Haven't experienced it no.. and to be honest don't think I ever will!

Terms and Conditions clearly say..

5. The coupon can only be used with orders to be delivered on or before the dates specified. Only one first time coupon may be used per customer per household. It may not be used on multiple accounts and may only be used once, visit sainsburys.co.uk for coupon terms and conditions.
Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 2nd Aug 2017

Original Poster

ipswich7841 m ago

Which part of "They said they cancelled all my accounts, and said do not …Which part of "They said they cancelled all my accounts, and said do not shop as a new customer any more." didn't you understand??

I have seen people using diff email.accounts to do the Shopping in this forum.

stop trying to rip off sainsburys. it is for legitimate new customers and they look at the delivery address. if i were sainsburys, i would deliver the groceries and charge you to full cost from your card and state that your voucher is invalid. you were lucky they let you off by just cancelling your accounts.

spa6 m ago

I have seen people using diff email.accounts to do the Shopping in this …I have seen people using diff email.accounts to do the Shopping in this forum.

Once or twice maybe... But if its used a 'couple' of times I think it flags up on their system.

mutley11 h, 20 m ago

stop trying to rip off sainsburys. it is for legitimate new customers and …stop trying to rip off sainsburys. it is for legitimate new customers and they look at the delivery address. if i were sainsburys, i would deliver the groceries and charge you to full cost from your card and state that your voucher is invalid. you were lucky they let you off by just cancelling your accounts.

Absolutely. Wish more companies took this stance. It's funny how consumers moan when they feel they have been 'ripped' off... Yet happy to try it on with the retailers.

Original Poster

Every shopping is a new experience,,
Edited by: "spa" 2nd Aug 2017

a new email may spoof an automatic system, but for the chancers that rinse the deal, they can quite easily pick up things like name of cardholder, address of cardholder, delivery address etc
the jig is up for you on this particular scam

Try being honest! Why do people think it's ok to be scammers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants