Sainsbury's online shop

Found 29th May
I used an online voucher for £18 off £60 at Sainsbury's. What will happen if some items are unavailable and the total is under £60? Can I still use the £18 voucher? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I think they still take it off if it’s close to the amount, but to air on the side of caution identify some substitutes.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th May
You used it and they accepted it but not taken the money from the bank yet? (they don't usually until the goods are delivered), it's unlikely that they will not honour it as they have already accepted it.
Yes they still take it off... Personal experience and I work for them.
mrty1 h, 57 m ago

You used it and they accepted it but not taken the money from the bank …You used it and they accepted it but not taken the money from the bank yet? (they don't usually until the goods are delivered), it's unlikely that they will not honour it as they have already accepted it.

I'm going to collect my order this Wednesday. I remember Tesco didn't let me use it when the total was less than what it said on the voucher.
sainsburys tend to be very good when they don't have ordered items in stock and still give you the voucher even though technically speaking they should pro rate, which it states in their t&c.

i think this is only fair as it is not the customer's fault that the items are missing.
If you want to have some piece of mind and hear it from them directly, you can phone their customer service or send a message on their fb page... They reply quickly.

You'll get an official response that way. When it happened to me I have never lost the voucher with any supermarket.

I have even had shoppings where the total when items were unavailable etc turned out to be under the minimum for delivery and they delivered always without an issue.
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants