Groups

Sainsburys & TomTom

Went into my local Sainsbury today (mere green, b'ham) and spotted a tomtom one case on the shelf, took it to the counter & was hoping it would be the £45 deal, asked him if he could scan it and let me know the price, ok he said, its £19!!!!!!, i was a bit flumoxed and said umm sorry how much, thinking he had said £90, he said "£19", i will have one please, he then realised how much it had said and said to me "i will just check to see if they are in stock" after looking at the pc and blocking it so i couldnt see it (fiddled about for 2mins plus) came back to me looking shifty and red faced said "umm sorry they are not in stock", it shouldnt have been on the shelf!!!! im sure they were in stock and he would have had to sell it at the price shown!!! gutted!! that would have been a good deal!!!

13 Comments

He probably fibbed and has taken them all home himself to sell .........

Yes, that Sainsbury mob....they really are a bunch of Brighton Docks. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

smithyp1;4970430

He probably fibbed and has taken them all home himself to sell .........

Exactly what i thought myself!!!

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4970435

Yes, that Sainsbury mob....they really are a bunch of Brighton Docks. … Yes, that Sainsbury mob....they really are a bunch of Brighton Docks. :thumbsup:

lol, my brother went in just after xmass and was looking at the ps3/xbox games and they had 360 world at war for £19, & Oblivion for £5!!!, took it to the counter and they guy said blimey thats cheap, must have been priced up wrong, but we have to sell it to you for the price it shows, was thinking the same with this Tomtom!! had visions of 2000 degress & hero status on HUKD:-D:-D

clondikemike;4970454

lol, my brother went in just after xmass and was looking at the ps3/xbox … lol, my brother went in just after xmass and was looking at the ps3/xbox games and they had 360 world at war for £19, & Oblivion for £5!!!, took it to the counter and they guy said blimey thats cheap, must have been priced up wrong, but we have to sell it to you for the price it shows, was thinking the same with this Tomtom!! had visions of 2000 degress & hero status on HUKD:-D:-D

LOL....:-D

that deal actually was on here a few weeks/ months back .. i bombed down to Sainsburys after ringing them to check stock ( 5 mins away! and they had 3 left ) all gone by the time id got there

clondikemike;4970454

lol, my brother went in just after xmass and was looking at the ps3/xbox … lol, my brother went in just after xmass and was looking at the ps3/xbox games and they had 360 world at war for £19, & Oblivion for £5!!!, took it to the counter and they guy said blimey thats cheap, must have been priced up wrong, but we have to sell it to you for the price it shows, was thinking the same with this Tomtom!! had visions of 2000 degress & hero status on HUKD:-D:-D

Epic fail unfortunately. :w00t:

Original Poster

kyalion;4970770

Epic fail unfortunately. :w00t:

From hero to zero in a split second:)

Original Poster

kassy2005;4970721

that deal actually was on here a few weeks/ months back .. i bombed down … that deal actually was on here a few weeks/ months back .. i bombed down to Sainsburys after ringing them to check stock ( 5 mins away! and they had 3 left ) all gone by the time id got there

Was that the £45 deal or £19?

he might sell them on here soon

clondikemike;4970788

From hero to zero in a split second:)

Thats what happens when you live life in the fast lane CM :-D

the £19.00 deal that was

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4970821

Thats what happens when you live life in the fast lane CM :-D

Post a comment
    @
      Text